One Year In The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 12-07-2023, 11:58 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,641 Times in 445 Posts
Default One Year In The Villages

So today is a red letter day for me. Exactly one year ago today, I closed on my patio villa in the Village of Richmond, moving from Colorado.

I felt so lucky securing a villa home in the Richmond lottery last year, after seven previous unsuccessful attempts in this extremely competitive and fast-selling village. I remember my sales agent calling me in Colorado the morning of November 7, 2022, saying I was #1 out of 22, and that I had only two hours to decide to buy our not - sight unseen. I remember walking into my house for the first time, only after I had already closed and wrote the largest check in my life.

So question , would I do it all again? — without a hesitation - yes!! This has been the best year of my life, and this community has exceeded my expectations on every level. I have more friends than I can count. Every day is a new adventure, and I’m on a vacation that never ends. This place is beautiful and the people here are the best. My enthusiasm for TV is even greater now than when I moved here - (so much for the naysayers who wrote me off a year ago, saying I was just a “newbie” who drank the cool-aid and that my feet would eventually touch the ground). Would there be a few things I would have done differently in retrospect, sure, but I don’t regret any of the major decisions I have made.

Life just keeps getting better every day here, and I never want to forget how truly blessed I am to be able to enjoy my active retirement years in such a great place.

If anyone is interested, I am the featured guest today on Jerry and Linda’s Newcomers you tube show.

Thank you to the many great people here on TOTV who have been invaluable by answering my “rookie” questions this past year, and being so patient and kind with me - your advice on living the lifestyle here, home improvements, and other questions have been so helpful and encouraging to me.

Looking forward to meeting many more Villagers while out and about.
Old 12-07-2023, 12:39 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
So today is a red letter day for me. Exactly one year ago today, I closed on my patio villa in the Village of Richmond, moving from Colorado.

I felt so lucky securing a villa home in the Richmond lottery last year, after seven previous unsuccessful attempts in this extremely competitive and fast-selling village. I remember my sales agent calling me in Colorado the morning of November 7, 2022, saying I was #1 out of 22, and that I had only two hours to decide to buy our not - sight unseen. I remember walking into my house for the first time, only after I had already closed and wrote the largest check in my life.

So question , would I do it all again? — without a hesitation - yes!! This has been the best year of my life, and this community has exceeded my expectations on every level. I have more friends than I can count. Every day is a new adventure, and I’m on a vacation that never ends. This place is beautiful and the people here are the best. My enthusiasm for TV is even greater now than when I moved here - (so much for the naysayers who wrote me off a year ago, saying I was just a “newbie” who drank the cool-aid and that my feet would eventually touch the ground). Would there be a few things I would have done differently in retrospect, sure, but I don’t regret any of the major decisions I have made.

Life just keeps getting better every day here, and I never want to forget how truly blessed I am to be able to enjoy my active retirement years in such a great place.

If anyone is interested, I am the featured guest today on Jerry and Linda’s Newcomers you tube show.

Thank you to the many great people here on TOTV who have been invaluable by answering my “rookie” questions this past year, and being so patient and kind with me - your advice on living the lifestyle here, home improvements, and other questions have been so helpful and encouraging to me.

Looking forward to meeting many more Villagers while out and about.
Great video including your home tour. Beautiful inside and out. So glad to hear from another happy Villager.

Continue to enjoy.
Old 12-07-2023, 01:43 PM
Veteran member

You always have an uplifting, positive attitude. Congratulations on your first year and I hope there are many many more.

Last edited by margaretmattson; 12-07-2023 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-07-2023, 05:29 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,641 Times in 445 Posts

Thank you
Old 12-07-2023, 05:56 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

Give it a couple more years and the kool aid aftertaste isnt so sweet
Old 12-07-2023, 06:36 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
Give it a couple more years and the kool aid aftertaste isnt so sweet
Theirs always one.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 12-07-2023, 07:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Theirs always one.
Actually there are more than one, but most of us just have them on the ignore list
Old 12-07-2023, 07:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Actually there are more than one, but most of us just have them on the ignore list
Yeah but they are outnumbered by the other 99% of us that love it here from day one (20 years and counting!!!)

__________________________________________________ __

Old 12-07-2023, 08:07 PM
Gold member

Such a wonderful post, Michael! Congratulations on your first year, it only gets better. Nearing 14 years and never looked back, life is great in The Villages!
Old 12-07-2023, 09:10 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

You're an asset to the community, Michael. Enjoy. (The naysayers probably put way too much vodka in their Kool-Aid.)
Old 12-07-2023, 09:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

/////
Old 12-08-2023, 12:36 AM

I look forward to having friends we can do stuff with! Don’t let the naysayers get you down - I’m just wondering why they stay? Anyway, good luck with your home!
Old 12-08-2023, 05:14 AM

I have always enjoyed reading your posts from before you moved here to now---celebrating your first year. My husband and I have lived here 19 years and have enjoyed every year. It has been the best decision we have ever made. So happy you like it here. Happy First Year.
Old 12-08-2023, 05:46 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,304 Times in 562 Posts

you moved here from Colorado ! WHY ?
Old 12-08-2023, 06:22 AM
Veteran member

Jerry and Linda - oh boy.
Closed Thread

Tags
year, life, day, today, wrote

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.