One Year In The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2023, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
So today is a red letter day for me. Exactly one year ago today, I closed on my patio villa in the Village of Richmond, moving from Colorado.

I felt so lucky securing a villa home in the Richmond lottery last year, after seven previous unsuccessful attempts in this extremely competitive and fast-selling village. I remember my sales agent calling me in Colorado the morning of November 7, 2022, saying I was #1 out of 22, and that I had only two hours to decide to buy our not - sight unseen. I remember walking into my house for the first time, only after I had already closed and wrote the largest check in my life.

So question , would I do it all again? — without a hesitation - yes!! This has been the best year of my life, and this community has exceeded my expectations on every level. I have more friends than I can count. Every day is a new adventure, and I’m on a vacation that never ends. This place is beautiful and the people here are the best. My enthusiasm for TV is even greater now than when I moved here - (so much for the naysayers who wrote me off a year ago, saying I was just a “newbie” who drank the cool-aid and that my feet would eventually touch the ground). Would there be a few things I would have done differently in retrospect, sure, but I don’t regret any of the major decisions I have made.

Life just keeps getting better every day here, and I never want to forget how truly blessed I am to be able to enjoy my active retirement years in such a great place.

If anyone is interested, I am the featured guest today on Jerry and Linda’s Newcomers you tube show.

Thank you to the many great people here on TOTV who have been invaluable by answering my “rookie” questions this past year, and being so patient and kind with me - your advice on living the lifestyle here, home improvements, and other questions have been so helpful and encouraging to me.

Looking forward to meeting many more Villagers while out and about.
I am so happy that you like living in The Villages. My husband and I were moving down in 2018. We had a buyer for our house and went down to pick our new house. The house we wanted, someone got to it before us. There is much competition there for homes.

Well anyway, to make a long story short, our son got married and gave us grandchildren who live ten minutes away from us now. Now we are worried about not seeing them too often if we move down there. Sometimes life throws a curveball. I am hoping that we can eventually get there. The Villages is a fun clean active adult community!

Have fun!
Old 12-08-2023, 06:31 AM

That is funny!
Old 12-08-2023, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecuadog View Post
You're an asset to the community, Michael. Enjoy. (The naysayers probably put way too much vodka in their Kool-Aid.)
That is funny!
Old 12-08-2023, 06:41 AM
Veteran member

Michael....well said!
Old 12-08-2023, 06:44 AM
Default Watching your show right now!

Quote:
So today is a red letter day for me. Exactly one year ago today, I closed on my patio villa in the Village of Richmond, moving from Colorado.

I felt so lucky securing a villa home in the Richmond lottery last year, after seven previous unsuccessful attempts in this extremely competitive and fast-selling village. I remember my sales agent calling me in Colorado the morning of November 7, 2022, saying I was #1 out of 22, and that I had only two hours to decide to buy our not - sight unseen. I remember walking into my house for the first time, only after I had already closed and wrote the largest check in my life.

So question , would I do it all again? — without a hesitation - yes!! This has been the best year of my life, and this community has exceeded my expectations on every level. I have more friends than I can count. Every day is a new adventure, and I’m on a vacation that never ends. This place is beautiful and the people here are the best. My enthusiasm for TV is even greater now than when I moved here - (so much for the naysayers who wrote me off a year ago, saying I was just a “newbie” who drank the cool-aid and that my feet would eventually touch the ground). Would there be a few things I would have done differently in retrospect, sure, but I don’t regret any of the major decisions I have made.

Life just keeps getting better every day here, and I never want to forget how truly blessed I am to be able to enjoy my active retirement years in such a great place.

If anyone is interested, I am the featured guest today on Jerry and Linda’s Newcomers you tube show.

Thank you to the many great people here on TOTV who have been invaluable by answering my “rookie” questions this past year, and being so patient and kind with me - your advice on living the lifestyle here, home improvements, and other questions have been so helpful and encouraging to me.

How funny that I'm actually watching you on Jerry and Linda's show right now! As I was reading this, I thought I'd this the same man? 😄 I was so happy to see you're much happier.

We are currently in the process of selling our home. We are trying to learn everything we can before moving. Love the upgrades you did to your home! So happy you're happy there!
Old 12-08-2023, 07:26 AM

Quote:

Moving to a low housing cost area like the villages from a high housing value state like colorado, allows one to have financial security and a cushion to enjoy one’s retirement with few financial worries
Old 12-08-2023, 07:29 AM

Quote:

I remember your arrival on ToTV a year ago. Congrats!
Old 12-08-2023, 07:29 AM

Michael -I love reading all of your positive posts! Like you, I have been absolutely loving my life in the villages… I have never been so active and happy! Congratulations on your first year in The villages and here’s to many more happy years here!
Old 12-08-2023, 07:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Theirs always one.
2 I almost puked
Old 12-08-2023, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Theirs always one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by midiwiz View Post
2 I almost puked

Last edited by rustyp; 12-08-2023 at 02:17 PM.
Old 12-08-2023, 08:22 AM
Default Door insert

Quote:

Hey Michael,
I saw you on Thursday's Newcomers video. Congrats on your one year. My wife and I plan on making the move in early 2024 to TV. I saw what you had done to your front door (having someone insert glass where it was all plain looking wood. I know you said it was done by a business in the Spanish Spring area. If you don't mind, what was the name of the place that did this and what was the ballpark cost to you? I'm been creating a detailed budget for our move and want that to be as accurate as possible.

Thanks
- Keith
Old 12-08-2023, 08:36 AM

We did the same two years ago. We absolutely love it here. We too bought sight unseen. We had never even visited The Villages. We only viewed videos of it. Best decision we ever made.
Old 12-08-2023, 08:37 AM

The glass door insert's are done by Entrypoint by Perry's. We paid around $750, prices vary depending on how fancy the insert is. Took about an hour to install.
Old 12-08-2023, 08:39 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,640 Times in 444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunesmith View Post
The glass door insert's are done by Entrypoint by Perry's. We paid around $750, prices vary depending on how fancy the insert is. Took about an hour to install.
Yep - I concur! 😀
Old 12-08-2023, 08:41 AM
Default glass in front door

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithRiz View Post
Hey Michael,
I saw you on Thursday's Newcomers video. Congrats on your one year. My wife and I plan on making the move in early 2024 to TV. I saw what you had done to your front door (having someone insert glass where it was all plain looking wood. I know you said it was done by a business in the Spanish Spring area. If you don't mind, what was the name of the place that did this and what was the ballpark cost to you? I'm been creating a detailed budget for our move and want that to be as accurate as possible.

Thanks
- Keith
Look at which direction your front door faces. Will it be in direct sunshine all afternoon. If yes, you will be letting a lot of sun & heat into your front vestibular. The sun will fade the floors. May want a warranty from water leaking in.
Closed Thread

Tags
year, life, day, today, wrote

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.