One Year In The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2023, 08:47 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,640 Times in 444 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowrose View Post
Look at which direction your front door faces. Will it be in direct sunshine all afternoon. If yes, you will be letting a lot of sun & heat into your front vestibular. The sun will fade the floors. May want a warranty from water leaking in.
Good point, however, though my front door faces west, I have a covered lanai in front of the door and then a palm in front of the lanai, that together blocks the direct rays of the afternoon sun. In my situation, I haven’t noticed any increase in “heat” from the glass insert. Each situation would be different.
Old 12-08-2023, 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
you moved here from Colorado ! WHY ?
I will answer for him. Check today's weather. Cold and Snowing like crazy!!!
Old 12-08-2023, 09:22 AM
Default Another Door Option...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithRiz View Post
I saw what you had done to your front door (having someone insert glass where it was all plain looking wood.... I'm been creating a detailed budget for our move and want that to be as accurate as possible.
Another, less expensive, option is to install a locking storm door. Ours has retractable screen which allows for airflow from the front to back (sliders). My entry is a protected nook so no sun or rain issues.
Old 12-08-2023, 09:23 AM

We really enjoyed your story and absolutely love what you have done to your place. We hope to move there in the next 12-24 months. We visit regularly (we live just over an hour South of TV) and are looking forward to moving there.
Old 12-08-2023, 10:02 AM

Been here 21+ years and still loving it as you will too I hope.
There are disgruntled people everywhere, just ignore them and keep on living and loving your life here.
Old 12-08-2023, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

FYI your villa is in Sumter County not Sumptner. A common rookie mistake.

Last edited by rustyp; 12-08-2023 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-08-2023, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
So today is a red letter day for me. Exactly one year ago today, I closed on my patio villa in the Village of Richmond, moving from Colorado.

I felt so lucky securing a villa home in the Richmond lottery last year, after seven previous unsuccessful attempts in this extremely competitive and fast-selling village. I remember my sales agent calling me in Colorado the morning of November 7, 2022, saying I was #1 out of 22, and that I had only two hours to decide to buy our not - sight unseen. I remember walking into my house for the first time, only after I had already closed and wrote the largest check in my life.

So question , would I do it all again? — without a hesitation - yes!! This has been the best year of my life, and this community has exceeded my expectations on every level. I have more friends than I can count. Every day is a new adventure, and I’m on a vacation that never ends. This place is beautiful and the people here are the best. My enthusiasm for TV is even greater now than when I moved here - (so much for the naysayers who wrote me off a year ago, saying I was just a “newbie” who drank the cool-aid and that my feet would eventually touch the ground). Would there be a few things I would have done differently in retrospect, sure, but I don’t regret any of the major decisions I have made.

Life just keeps getting better every day here, and I never want to forget how truly blessed I am to be able to enjoy my active retirement years in such a great place.

If anyone is interested, I am the featured guest today on Jerry and Linda’s Newcomers you tube show.

Thank you to the many great people here on TOTV who have been invaluable by answering my “rookie” questions this past year, and being so patient and kind with me - your advice on living the lifestyle here, home improvements, and other questions have been so helpful and encouraging to me.

Looking forward to meeting many more Villagers while out and about.
Congratulations. What a great post. We all would do some things differently, but what’s important (at least to me) is looking back with gratitude and looking forward with positive expectations. I hope you have many more satisfying years in TV. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-08-2023, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
you moved here from Colorado ! WHY ?
Probably done with snow like I was.
Old 12-08-2023, 11:16 AM
Cool

Thank you for writing an honest review for your one-year experience in TV. It resonated with me because I just signed my contract on a Patio Villa in the Lake Denham area. I am excited and nervous all at the same time; however, I'm just moving from my small cottage in Pennbrooke Fairways to a larger space in TV. I am excited to connect with the neighbors especially since we are all new to the area. I close on January 5, 2024, and also will write the largest check of my life. It's exciting to be able to purchase a new home with "no mortgage."
Old 12-08-2023, 11:31 AM
Default My Feelings . . . Exactly!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael 61 View Post
So today is a red letter day for me. Exactly one year ago today, I closed on my patio villa in the Village of Richmond, moving from Colorado.

I felt so lucky securing a villa home in the Richmond lottery last year, after seven previous unsuccessful attempts in this extremely competitive and fast-selling village. I remember my sales agent calling me in Colorado the morning of November 7, 2022, saying I was #1 out of 22, and that I had only two hours to decide to buy our not - sight unseen. I remember walking into my house for the first time, only after I had already closed and wrote the largest check in my life.

So question , would I do it all again? — without a hesitation - yes!! This has been the best year of my life, and this community has exceeded my expectations on every level. I have more friends than I can count. Every day is a new adventure, and I’m on a vacation that never ends. This place is beautiful and the people here are the best. My enthusiasm for TV is even greater now than when I moved here - (so much for the naysayers who wrote me off a year ago, saying I was just a “newbie” who drank the cool-aid and that my feet would eventually touch the ground). Would there be a few things I would have done differently in retrospect, sure, but I don’t regret any of the major decisions I have made.

Life just keeps getting better every day here, and I never want to forget how truly blessed I am to be able to enjoy my active retirement years in such a great place.

If anyone is interested, I am the featured guest today on Jerry and Linda’s Newcomers you tube show.

Thank you to the many great people here on TOTV who have been invaluable by answering my “rookie” questions this past year, and being so patient and kind with me - your advice on living the lifestyle here, home improvements, and other questions have been so helpful and encouraging to me.

Looking forward to meeting many more Villagers while out and about.
My wife and I moved to The Village of Santo Domingo about 3.5 years ago and echo your sentiments. We love it here! The people, especially our neighbors, the amenities, the area, the beauty, the wildlife . . . We love EVERYTHING about The Villages!!!
Old 12-08-2023, 04:02 PM

We’ve been here for almost 2 years near Sawgrass Grove and I agree with everything you said. Love my neighborhood, love my friends, love the activities. No regrets. In fact, I feel blessed every day.
Old 12-08-2023, 05:35 PM

I just watched The Villages Newcomers with Jerry and Linda. You were in it. I love that YouTube show. Jerry and Linda are the best. I want to write that you have a beautiful home you made for yourself. Much happiness to you!
Old 12-08-2023, 05:39 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

I often wonder if jerry and linda work for the esteemed, benovent Developer
Old 12-08-2023, 05:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
I often wonder if jerry and linda work for the esteemed, benovent Developer
Seriously, have you watched their videos. Have to say 5 minutes, is the best amount of time I have spent on their feed.

If developer was U tubing it would be with a positive, informed, professional influencer. Then again a good influencer makes six figures, and I doubt developers are going to pony up that much $$$$
Old 12-08-2023, 06:38 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Seriously, have you watched their videos. Have to say 5 minutes, is the best amount of time I have spent on their feed.

If developer was U tubing it would be with a positive, informed, professional influencer. Then again a good influencer makes six figures, and I doubt developers are going to pony up that much $$$$
Jerry and Linda do a great job. Their kool aid is the tastiest around….but soooo sweet….gaggingly so.

Tags
year, life, day, today, wrote

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.