Patriot Angels

Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2016, 08:28 PM
Gold member
Default Patriot Angels

Has anyone heard anything about an organization called Patriot Angels? I am helping my late father's cousin get into an assisted living facility in Michigam. The facility's national headquarters suggested that I get in contact with an organizion called Patriot Angels. Apparently, the organization helps veterans in assisted living facilities financially. I've talked to them a couple of times and today they wanted me to follow up with their attorney who does the paperwork for you. He said 40 pages of paperwork! Their services are quite costly but they say they get good results and it is faster to get an application approved through them than going through the VA on your own.

Has anyone heard anything "good or bad" about Patriot Angels"?
Old 06-02-2016, 11:24 PM
KittyKat
Unhappy

Yes, I looked into them for my Mom starting a couple of years ago. There was no fee at that time. The paperwork is an application for Aid and Attendance. Mom qualifies as my Dad was in the service during WWII. She could get $1,030/month as a surviving spouse to help with assisted living expenses. YOU have to fill out the paperwork; they just help you as it is a NIGHTMARE!!!! Mom & I moved to a Brookdale Independent & Assisted Living facility near Orlando last September. They gave me information about a different group to help with the paperwork; that group charged $400 and I later found out that it was against the law for them to charge so I contacted Patriot Angels again--they didn't mention a fee. I emailed the attorney some questions and she answered everything EXCEPT the questions I had. I did not find them to be helpful at all. We didn't like it there so moved back after a month. I don't know why these facilities don't have someone on staff to guide people through this. I cried many days trying to figure it all out. It must be a nightmare for the doctors as their info has to have specific wording or it will be rejected. Once you send it to the Patriot Angels attorney, it usually takes around 6 months for an answer. If approved, the amount of money will be retroactive to the date of file. Send me a pm if you want to discuss this. Good luck!
Old 06-03-2016, 06:52 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
Yes, I looked into them for my Mom starting a couple of years ago. There was no fee at that time. The paperwork is an application for Aid and Attendance. Mom qualifies as my Dad was in the service during WWII. She could get $1,030/month as a surviving spouse to help with assisted living expenses. YOU have to fill out the paperwork; they just help you as it is a NIGHTMARE!!!! Mom & I moved to a Brookdale Independent & Assisted Living facility near Orlando last September. They gave me information about a different group to help with the paperwork; that group charged $400 and I later found out that it was against the law for them to charge so I contacted Patriot Angels again--they didn't mention a fee. I emailed the attorney some questions and she answered everything EXCEPT the questions I had. I did not find them to be helpful at all. We didn't like it there so moved back after a month. I don't know why these facilities don't have someone on staff to guide people through this. I cried many days trying to figure it all out. It must be a nightmare for the doctors as their info has to have specific wording or it will be rejected. Once you send it to the Patriot Angels attorney, it usually takes around 6 months for an answer. If approved, the amount of money will be retroactive to the date of file. Send me a pm if you want to discuss this. Good luck!
The representative said that he had seen fees from $2,000 – $6,000. He did say that the $6,000 fee was for an individual who had assets in 80 different institutions. He thought Paul's fee would be around $3,000. I have a busy day planned but will try to PM you later today. We are looking at a Brookdale facility in Michigan. Thank you.

Oops, I forgot to mention that Patriot Angels has an "A" rating with the Better Business Bureau.

Last edited by Sable99; 06-03-2016 at 06:55 AM. Reason: Added, rating info.
Old 06-04-2016, 12:45 AM
KittyKat

Again, please note: they do not do ANYTHING for you except check over your paperwork & send it in! This isn't an organization that gives veterans the monetary assistance; the money comes from the VA. You don't need these people at all, you can do it yourself. That is why it is illegal for them to charge you! I don't see how you are going to help Paul if he is in Michigan. It is too complicated. Do you have the application? Have you read the instructions? Also, go online to the VA website & read up on this before you even think of paying Patriot Angels.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,345 Times in 2,067 Posts

Patriot Angels Veterans Benefits - Angels Consulting Group

Is this them??? Looks like a family company.
Old 06-04-2016, 10:07 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKat View Post
Again, please note: they do not do ANYTHING for you except check over your paperwork & send it in! This isn't an organization that gives veterans the monetary assistance; the money comes from the VA. You don't need these people at all, you can do it yourself. That is why it is illegal for them to charge you! I don't see how you are going to help Paul if he is in Michigan. It is too complicated. Do you have the application? Have you read the instructions? Also, go online to the VA website & read up on this before you even think of paying Patriot Angels.
I live in Michigan.
Closed Thread

Tags
patriot, angels, living, good, heard

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.