The perfect storm brewing in The Middle East???

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2015, 10:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud. And if President Obama did not go this thread would rip him for that. "Oh, Obama snubbed an ally in the war on terror". Or "All the other heads of state were there, where was he"? Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
I started this thread and it certainly was not meant to "rip" the President It was about the middle east and recent developments, but so many want to come to this thread and defend all that the President does and will do and has ever done that so many are here replying to that, which was not the intent of it.

YES.....if he did not overtly send signals as he has in the past.....the problems that CHITOWN listed with Israel, once one of our strongest alles, his disdain for using the term Islam terrorists when every other country uses that term, his praising of Yemen for being such a success story of HIS, and he said it was HIS success, then not so much.

Lets be clear...everyone on here wants to complain when you discuss current events...saying how you are going after the President. Understand, that goes with the job...HE IS THE PRESIDENT...HE IS MAKING THE DECISIONS, and in this particular case, more than most if not all Presidents (Also now holds the record and it has been studied, for threatening vetos in his SOTU address, and of course, unbelievably trumpeting his wins). When you are the President, you will get the heat. I do not understand how we are to post how wonderful everything is when the ME has never been worse.....our relations with Israel and other allies are at a low point in history and NOT mention the President.

PS.....PLEASE be aware that he DID NOT INTEND TO GO TO THE FUNERAL.....Joe Biden was selected.....this is a change as many in the media questioned it.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:16 AM
Sage

I would like to encourage you, Rags. You know what you are talking about, have resources of truth most people ignore, speak articulately and carefully, and get spit on for trying...

I recall the first time I read your posts, I had started a thread on the world mess, and you showed up, the only person who saw the shift of world spirit, power, and felt the rumbling...that was nine months ago.

What is encouraging and also sad, is that now there are many who get it that SOMETHING is haywire on the planet, But few with any clue where it is coming from or where it is going. It is not what we say here but the cascade of events that proves the truth of your view.
I am unconvinced that anything is accomplished by putting the pearls out here.
Old 01-24-2015, 01:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud. And if President Obama did not go this thread would rip him for that. "Oh, Obama snubbed an ally in the war on terror". Or "All the other heads of state were there, where was he"? Damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.
No he isn't damned if he does. He IS damned if he doesn't. Actually, it wasn't really a damning, it was an observation on choices.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.