Perfume and aftershave.

Closed Thread
Old 07-15-2015, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,513 Times in 1,912 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Perfume and aftershave.

Perfume

I don't wear it myself anymore, and although my other senses aren't up to par, my nose still knows what it is doin'.

OLD perfume smells old. It changes it's fragrance. Please sniff yours and if it is old, PLEASE throw it out.

Some fragrances are delightful.

I have heard others complain at gatherings about perfume. Some are allergic to the smell and it gives them a headache. Most of the comments aren't positive.

What do you folks think?

Do you wear it? Do you like it? Do you give it to your love as a gift? What is your favorite fragrance? I used to wear Ciara.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Perfume

I don't wear it myself anymore, and although my other senses aren't up to par, my nose still knows what it is doin'.

OLD perfume smells old. It changes it's fragrance. Please sniff yours and if it is old, PLEASE throw it out.

Some fragrances are delightful.

I have heard others complain at gatherings about perfume. Some are allergic to the smell and it gives them a headache. Most of the comments aren't positive.

What do you folks think?

Do you wear it? Do you like it? Do you give it to your love as a gift? What is your favorite fragrance? I used to wear Ciara.
I'm allergic to it so I don't wear it or be around those who do. If I am for very long it closes up my throat. Same goes for scented cleaners, scented candles, scented lotions and scented soaps. Sometimes people wear so much that it enters the room before they do.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,930 Times in 787 Posts

It depends on if you can smell it on someone in the next aisle of the grocery store (true story). I like to test it out in department stores by spraying a mist into the air and then walking into it. Very little actually remains on me.

If I can smell perfume on another person (unless I'm hugging them), my feeling is they are wearing too much of it.

I wouldn't wear it enough to keep a bottle on hand. It would get old.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:20 AM

You hit my hot button! Saturday we were enjoying breakfast out, when a man sat down at a nearby table. He reeked so strongly of aftershave or cologne that we had to get up and and eat outside. It was so nauseating, we couldn't finish our meal in the same room with him. Others were also affected by the stench. CFrance is right...if you can smell it and it's not your own you're smelling, it's too strong.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I am fortunate. Not bothered by scents. My husband wears obsession, which I love love love. I wear Laila, the essence of Norway, which we purchase at Epcot.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:02 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,808 Times in 3,664 Posts

I'm a wearer and a smeller.

I wear, not strong, but receive positive comments post-hug.

I do like SOME perfumes on ladies...........like everything, it's a personal preference. There are some that I don't like, no matter how strong or softly scented.

I have smelled perfume while golf cart driving......worse than gas fumes.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,579 Times in 1,323 Posts

It's banned at work
Old 07-15-2015, 08:31 AM
Sage

If worn sparingly, it's something that enhances one's being. By sparingly, I mean someone has to hug you, to even detect the fragrance.

Those who are affected by fragrances, any is too much!!! Some companies now have policies, against wearing perfume/colognes.

Those who dive into the bottle even annoy me, as their scent can be detected from across the room, and then some. Some people use too much of it and it makes me wonder, if they bothered to bath.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 07-15-2015, 08:36 AM
Platinum member
Default Worn lightly.

Worn lightly can be so sexy. I would not wear any if my friend or companion was allergic. Do some people overuse it rather than a shower if in a hurry?
Old 07-16-2015, 04:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,976 Times in 2,482 Posts

Lightly scented not bad, but when you leave vapor trail outside five minutes after you walked by IS A BIT MUCH. I am suffer from migraines due to brain tumor side effects. If I am closed in and someone over scented I immediately leave. I also can't take crowd noises, I've learned to live with my uniqueness
And don't expect others to alter there life style.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,976 Times in 2,482 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
I'm a wearer and a smeller.

I wear, not strong, but receive positive comments post-hug.

I do like SOME perfumes on ladies...........like everything, it's a personal preference. There are some that I don't like, no matter how strong or softly scented.

I have smelled perfume while golf cart driving......worse than gas fumes.

That's funny I worked with guy his perfume would drown out jp4 and mil-l-7808 turbine engine oil! After while the smell of gas and oil wasn't that bad when compared
Old 07-16-2015, 06:20 PM
Veteran member

Used to work with a lady that wore "Red".. anyone remember that stink? Anyway, the company had to rule no perfume due to this lady's scent entering the room before she did..
Old 07-17-2015, 05:06 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
It depends on if you can smell it on someone in the next aisle of the grocery store (true story). I like to test it out in department stores by spraying a mist into the air and then walking into it. Very little actually remains on me.

If I can smell perfume on another person (unless I'm hugging them), my feeling is they are wearing too much of it.

I wouldn't wear it enough to keep a bottle on hand. It would get old.
CFrance: You are right in my opinion spray and walk into it. Aroma became the subject of work place complaints. I was a Human Resource guy/also operations manager and so I had the task of confronting employees who offended other employees. I don't know what was more difficult working out issues were employees didn't bath or employees who apparently poured a bottle of perfume over their heads. What I did learn most of the time is that they were not aware which is a problem unto its self and sometimes difficult to correct and so I had to pay them more than one visit before the situation was corrected.

I don't know what nuns or priest do but as a kid recalled they had such a clean distinctive scent. Perhaps the solutions used to clean their garments.
Smells = memories and in my travels in upstate new york would step out of the car in September and smell the sweet aroma of grapes being harvested to make wine. Deep deep breathes I would take the aroma was intoxicating
Old 07-17-2015, 06:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,930 Times in 787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
CFrance: You are right in my opinion spray and walk into it. Aroma became the subject of work place complaints. I was a Human Resource guy/also operations manager and so I had the task of confronting employees who offended other employees. I don't know what was more difficult working out issues were employees didn't bath or employees who apparently poured a bottle of perfume over their heads. What I did learn most of the time is that they were not aware which is a problem unto its self and sometimes difficult to correct and so I had to pay them more than one visit before the situation was corrected.

I don't know what nuns or priest do but as a kid recalled they had such a clean distinctive scent. Perhaps the solutions used to clean their garments.
Smells = memories and in my travels in upstate new york would step out of the car in September and smell the sweet aroma of grapes being harvested to make wine. Deep deep breathes I would take the aroma was intoxicating
Rubicon, if I can follow you off topic a little bit... every once in a while I go out in the early morning or late evening with our dog, and the smell in the air brings me right back to Pittsburgh, our home town. It's a slightly acrid coal smell. The good memories and our love of the city override the long-gone steel mill reminder in the air. Yours is is a more pleasant recall!

OK, back to perfume.
Old 07-17-2015, 02:22 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Rubicon, if I can follow you off topic a little bit... every once in a while I go out in the early morning or late evening with our dog, and the smell in the air brings me right back to Pittsburgh, our home town. It's a slightly acrid coal smell. The good memories and our love of the city override the long-gone steel mill reminder in the air. Yours is is a more pleasant recall!

OK, back to perfume.
Yep from ancient times perfume played a major role in the lives of people well may be not cave people but the Egyptians Greeks Romans.

Of cours i had a friend that owned a huge hog farm and every morning he would go out take a breath and tell himself "I smell money"
Closed Thread

Tags
perfume, wear, fragrance, comments, positive, headache, smell, anymore, folks, gift, favorite, ciara, love, aftershave, allergic, give, gatherings, senses, sniff, smells, nose, par, doin, throw, complain

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.