Pride at the Talk Host house

Closed Thread
Old 04-30-2011, 02:13 PM
Founder
Default Pride at the Talk Host house

We are leaving in a couple of days for Syracuse, NY to attending the "hooding" of our daughter as she officially receives her Doctor of Education Degree. She is currently Vice President of Onondaga Community Collage.

In the United States, the Ed.D. and the Ph.D. in education are both recognized for appointment as a lecturer or professor in a university. Majors within the Ed.D. may include: counseling, curriculum and instruction/curriculum and teaching, educational administration, educational leadership, education policy, educational psychology, educational technology, higher education, or language/linguistics.

I wanted her to be a talk show host, but she declined. She insists now that we address her as Dr. Duffy.

JLK
Old 04-30-2011, 02:37 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
We are leaving in a couple of days for Syracuse, NY to attending the "hooding" of our daughter as she officially receives her Doctor of Education Degree. She is currently Vice President of Onondaga Community Collage.

In the United States, the Ed.D. and the Ph.D. in education are both recognized for appointment as a lecturer or professor in a university. Majors within the Ed.D. may include: counseling, curriculum and instruction/curriculum and teaching, educational administration, educational leadership, education policy, educational psychology, educational technology, higher education, or language/linguistics.

I wanted her to be a talk show host, but she declined. She insists now that we address her as Dr. Duffy.

JLK
Congratulations! You have every right to be proud. Please pass on our best wishes and of course a hardy congratulations. A very big accomplishement in deed.

Xavier
Old 04-30-2011, 02:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Atta girl for Dr. daughter

Atta Dad.....I know you are soooo proud, and you should be!
Old 04-30-2011, 02:44 PM
Veteran member

How exciting ... for you and for her! Welcome back to Syracuse.

Also: Wheeling, WV * Youngstown, OH* Niles, OH * Oshkosh, WI * Ft. Worth, TX * Da Bronx * Marathon, NY * Bricktown, NJ * Newark, DE * San Antonio, TX * Washington, DC * Tacoma, WA
Old 04-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Sage

Very nice indeed. Have a safe trip. It is always heartwarming to see pride in parents when their children pass a milestone. It is a wonderful reflection on you and the Mrs. This is a big deal and calls for celebration!
Who will join me in celebrating with Talk Host? Yippee! Way to go!
Old 04-30-2011, 03:29 PM
Platinum member

And, be sure you address her as Doctor as soon as she's been hooded, and forever after!

Neither of my daughters have gone beyond a Bachelor's. That's okay, but it would be wonderful to have a fud (that's how I say PhD) in the family!

SWR
Old 04-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

How very wonderful! Getting a PhD is not easy, especially doing it while working. So a very sincere and hearty ATTA GIRL!!!

Thank you for sharing your great news with us. (And congrats on raising such a wonderful daughter.)

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 04-30-2011, 09:10 PM
Location: Originally from PA, lived in South Jersey & presently in VA
Default What a wonderful Accomplishment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post

JLK
Tony Congratulations to you, your wife and your daughter. I applaud each one of you. :

Have a safe trip, and God Bless you. I can tell that you are very proud parents indeed, and so should you be!
Betty
Old 04-30-2011, 09:34 PM
Sage

Congratulations, Jan!

Your pride beams right through the page into all of our homes. I'm excited for your daughter, you and Mrs. TH and the whole family.

I wish her every success and hope through her work in education, she is able to contribute to the success of many more bright young minds behind her.

Old 05-01-2011, 12:29 AM

Congratulations on your daughter's accomplishment.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:11 AM

Carpe Diem!!!
Old 05-01-2011, 07:19 AM
Founder

Thanks for all the nice replies. I don't know how she managed to accomplish it. Working full time, raising two boys and a husband, working out at the gym, going to most of the boys ball games, getting down here to visit us a couple times a year and driving 70 miles from Syracuse to Rochester to attend classes on weekends. whew.

Here's a picture of her and her family taken this past Christmas in Syracuse. She doesn't even look tired. Her husband John was a real trooper the entire time. Handled everything so she could get the job done.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Old 05-01-2011, 08:09 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default What an Accomplishment

You will be sooo Proud at the Hooding. I know we were at Med school gradution. What an accomplished daughter you have.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 05-01-2011, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

There is nothing as beautiful as a parents love and pride. Good for her and good for you.
Old 05-01-2011, 04:36 PM
Gold member

You sure do have a lot to be proud of. That's wonderful that she has accomplished so much raising a family and all. Congratulations to you for raising such a wonderful daughter. And Congratulations to her for all her hard work.

Beautiful family...thank your for sharing your good new with us.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.