Putting the current Covid death rate in perspective

Closed Thread
Old 06-07-2021, 02:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Nice insult... I would never call someone who chooses not to take a vaccine "crazy".

One of my patients, a 90+ yo lady, in failing health, refused the vaccine. I asked her "Why?"

She responded that she'd been alive a very long time and when it was her time to go, it was her time to go... Hard to argue with that...
In statistics that would be an N of 1. Meaning it is COMPLETELY meaningless (and if you really are a Doctor or maybe your patients are dogs and cats) then you would KNOW statistics - and would NOT have wasted your time by typing and GLORIFYING one person that refused a vaccination. NOW........that is a REAL insult! And I have the imagination to come up with many more!
Old 06-07-2021, 03:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoop View Post
Where do you get your information?!? According to the CDC the long haulers have been primarily from the high risk group.
You, in good conscience, would inject a child, who is not in danger from Covid, with a vaccine that no one knows what the long term side effects will be?!? That’s sick!
Sorry sick is the UNPATRIOTIC selling of the idea of people avoiding their CV shot - that the world is begging for - and 99% of MEDICAL SCIENTISTS are in favor of. SICK is selling an idea that V. Putin loves as it will make America weak. SICK is twisting my post, which was about unvaccinated adults AND children - then pretending that it was ONLY about children because that suits your twisted sister slant on weakening America and linking up with a Dictatorship.

note..... there is a new virus variant called Delta that is STRONG in India and IS already in Britain. Britain is going to go back toward quarantines And SICK is going to be the US if Delta hits here and people like yourself RESIST pushing for MORE vaccinations, NOT less - and more MASKING, and social DISTANCE. I FEEL healthy unvaccinated people in the US are unpatriotic, unAmerican, and I DISLIKE them intensely.

Last edited by jimjamuser; 06-07-2021 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-07-2021, 03:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drducat View Post
Yes and Fauci funded the lab and then is lying about it to the public and congress..
Old 06-07-2021, 03:19 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Sorry sick is the UNPATRIOTIC selling of the idea of people avoiding their CV shot - that the world is begging for - and 99% of MEDICAL SCIENTISTS are in favor of. SICK is selling an idea that V. Putin loves as it will make America weak. SICK is twisting my post, which was about unvaccinated adults AND children - then pretending that it was ONLY about children because that suits your twisted sister slant on weakening America and linking up with a Dictatorship.

note..... there is a new virus variant called Delta that is STRONG in India and IS already in Britain. Britain is going to go back toward guarantees. And SICK is going to be the US if Delta hits here and people like yourself RESIST pushing for MORE vaccinations, NOT less - and more MASKING, and social DISTANCE. i FEEL healthy unvaccinated people in the US are unpartiotic, unAmerican, and I DISLIKE them intensely.
There are probably some people who rightly don't get get a vaccine, say for example cancer patients or people with lowered immune systems. But I do agree that people who are candidates for the vaccine and selfishly refuse to get vaccinated, are making our country less safe, and are endangering others who might happen to be high risk. And I am really angered by them. You have the right to do what you want to your own body, but you don't have the right to endanger others.
Old 06-07-2021, 03:21 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Dr. Fauci is a national treasure!
Do you not keep up with the latest news??. Are you not aware of the emails documenting his approving funds that ended up in Wuhan? Are you not aware that Fauci himself a YEAR ago, said to an international group that a lab leak was probable and then denied he ever said it but we have witnesses to it including the FDA Head under Obama? Are you not aware that the latest genetic sequencing of the virus has found a marker that could only have come from human manipulation as the odds of it occurring in nature are 1 in over a trillion?? And that Fauci publicly called any suggestion of this being not natural a conspiracy theory?? Wake up. Fauci is a liar and deceiver.
Old 06-07-2021, 03:26 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drducat View Post
Well.....turns out Fauci has lied to the public and Congress...looking like he is a huge goner....will be fired and most likely stand trial. So with all the out right lies I no longer can trust what is coming out of the NIH along with CDC and FDA.....look really hard at this...I hope and pray those that took the vaccine will Not see further harm in the future...really sad that Fauci turned out to be a criminal.
Despite his self promoting, Fauci had NOTHING to do with the vaccine development. That was PRIVATE industry one given a free hand by our President.
Old 06-07-2021, 03:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Covid viruses have historically mutated, it’s true, you can look it up. That’s why SARS & MERS are no longer headline worthy viruses...
All the more reason to protect America and GET vaccinated!
Old 06-07-2021, 04:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Except, we were initially told (by Fauci) that herd immunity sets in at a 70% vaccination of the population...

What "long-haul" problems are children "likely" to get?
There is now MEDICAL EVIDENCE that asymptomatic CV-infected children have holes in their lungs and enlarged heart. And if you REALLY were a medical professional, then you would KNOW this! Those could stay with the children for the rest of their lives. And the people that preach the anti-vaxx nonsense have ALREADY infected and possibly killed adults and children by convincing other people to NOT get their CV shots. Infection and death are irreversible. So think about what side you (everyone) are on. There are 2 sides - 1) for humans and society or 2) for propaganda and conspiracy theories. You decide!
Old 06-07-2021, 04:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
Do you not keep up with the latest news??. Are you not aware of the emails documenting his approving funds that ended up in Wuhan? Are you not aware that Fauci himself a YEAR ago, said to an international group that a lab leak was probable and then denied he ever said it but we have witnesses to it including the FDA Head under Obama? Are you not aware that the latest genetic sequencing of the virus has found a marker that could only have come from human manipulation as the odds of it occurring in nature are 1 in over a trillion?? And that Fauci publicly called any suggestion of this being not natural a conspiracy theory?? Wake up. Fauci is a liar and deceiver.
Dr. Fauci ACTUALLY said that there are 2 theories as to the origins of the CV. One is natural - jumping from animals to humans and the other is that it was a lab leak. Right now he is leaning towards the former, but more evidence may come out. The NIH DID send funds to China as part of WHO funds. At the time it was for LEGITIMATE research! The idea was to "soup up" the virus in order to make a better vaccine. Today about 50% of Scientists think that it WAS a BAD idea. But, that is hindsight. DR. Fauci did NOT control the WHO. he is merely ONE very respected Scientist that has been moved to the wrong side of recent History by propaganda theorists. Because Dr. Fauci would NOT kiss the ring!
Old 06-07-2021, 05:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
With the current seven day average of Covid coded deaths in the US, and based on the CDC numbers, the chances of dying with Covid are about equal to your chances of dying from a stroke. You have a greater chance of dying in an accident than dying with Covid. And you are 4X more likely to die from cancer and 4.5X more likely to die from heart disease.
Isn’t it wonderful that the precautions that were taken truly worked to keep the numbers down. With the way things started with people stacked in the streets to the lower numbers today everything is working that was put in place for us. Also as another benefit is the flu numbers were extremely low this year.
Old 06-07-2021, 05:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

As a cancer patient and stem cell transplant patient I had the vaccine in February. Because of my weakened immune system he wanted all his patients to get it as if we got Covid we could be in real trouble. Did not really matter what I thought about it, doctor said go and I went, no questions asked.
Old 06-07-2021, 06:14 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
The CDC website has the number of excess deaths. This is the number of deaths above what would normally be expected. Since COVID-19 was the extraordinary event of 2020, a high percentage of the excess deaths can be attributed either directly or indirectly to COVID-19. Some estimates have 80% of the excess deaths due to COVID-19. The reason to look at excess deaths is because the cause of each death, as reported on a death certificate, doesn't matter to the number.

Bingo! This is the scientific approach to evaluating the data. Notice how subsequent posts ignore this logic.
Old 06-07-2021, 06:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
And a great part of why would be Fauci's waffling response to it after the President appointed him to lead the charge. Small wonder why he got back staged as the months rolled by.

But the ultimate perpetrator is certainly the CCP which the current President seems to have a reluctance to criticize. Ever wonder why?
No, I don't, but I'm sure you'll give me some opinion, and present it as fact.

I find it funny that people have an aversion to this vaccine, when they take FDA approved drugs, that kill thousands every year. Vioxx, alone, killed over 60,000 people. Over 8,000 approved drugs have been taken off the market. 328,000 patients in the U.S. and Europe die from prescription drugs each year. And let's not forget Opioids.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:02 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,295 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
No, I don't, but I'm sure you'll give me some opinion, and present it as fact.

I find it funny that people have an aversion to this vaccine, when they take FDA approved drugs, that kill thousands every year. Vioxx, alone, killed over 60,000 people. Over 8,000 approved drugs have been taken off the market. 328,000 patients in the U.S. and Europe die from prescription drugs each year. And let's not forget Opioids.
In my case, it’s because nobody - nobody - nobody, knows what the long term effects of mRNA vaccines are. There have been NO trials where the long term effects have been studied.
Old 06-07-2021, 07:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
I JUST don't believe that!
There is factual proof to everything I've said in this post...

But sure, YOU just don't believe it...

The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
covid, dying, chances, die, current

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.