Question

Closed Thread
Old 09-13-2015, 10:19 AM
Sage
Default Question

We are enclosing our lanai and will be picking out windows soon. We are also adding a bird cage. We have chosen dark brown window frames and the darker screens on the bird cage. I'm undecided as to whether to get tinted glass in the windows and slider that goes to the bird cage. At first I thought yes, but I don't want the entire house to be dark but I just don't know. How about a lighter tint or no tint?
Old 09-13-2015, 10:56 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
We are enclosing our lanai and will be picking out windows soon. We are also adding a bird cage. We have chosen dark brown window frames and the darker screens on the bird cage. I'm undecided as to whether to get tinted glass in the windows and slider that goes to the bird cage. At first I thought yes, but I don't want the entire house to be dark but I just don't know. How about a lighter tint or no tint?
Might one or two solar tube lights be an acceptable solution to your tinted windows concern?
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 09-13-2015, 11:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,336 Times in 874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
Which direction does your Lanai face" If east or west you might want to consider tinted to help with the sun and heat. It also depends on how much you want to share with your neighbors unless you have a view lot.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-13-2015, 01:56 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

When we changed our lanai windows to acrylic sliders we had ordered the smoked tint...lucky for us that when they were delivered some were smoke and some were blue...we had the installer go back to the warehouse and get us all blue! The tint does not darken the lanai and looking out from the lanai is like looking thru those blu-blocker sunglasses that were one advertised on television! They are framed in bronze and look great.

Closed Thread

Tags
cage, bird, dark, tint, windows, thought, slider, lighter, house, entire, glass, adding, picking, enclosing, lanai, chosen, brown, undecided, question, window, frames, darker, screens, tinted

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.