Question : 50 Thanksgivings From Now.....

Closed Thread
Old 11-24-2013, 06:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I sincerely believe in democracy and our country's ability to constantly readjust itself to maintain that status. I believe our children 50 years from now will still live in that solid democracy, the greatest of countries despite its flaws and pimples.

When I think how all of our children AND grandchildren have turned out...and I mean everyone I know here...then I think that that group will do what they were taught to do and maybe keep things going well.
Old 11-24-2013, 06:37 AM
Sage

Gee.....our children might not be alive 50 years from now; if they were, then they would have reached the age of 96 and 93, counting from 2014 which is close at hand.

Our grandchildren probably will indeed be alive and will be the following ages:
Plus the upcoming babies still yet unborn, will be under 50 years of age.

If possible they will make it a better world as they are filled with love, hope and kindness, fostered in them by their parents........

NONE OF US will be here in 50 more years as we are now......
Unless , of course, we believe in reincarnation.....and then we might not remember our past life or lives......
Old 11-24-2013, 06:40 AM
Sage

I think society will have changed somewhat, but the basic core of decency will remain, to protect this great country of ours and our freedoms. I think most young people today, are instilled with pride in our country. May be not as much as before but ever present. That's why the baby boomers still mourn the passing of JFK.

In tough times, a great generation will be present.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 11-24-2013, 06:55 AM

If only we had a crystal ball....I am praying that we self-correct as a nation, and continue to hold hope that it can happen.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:14 AM

I had to laugh when I read the OP’s comments about the future of American society and how the past generations would be unhappy about how things are turning out. Today, I went to a birthday party for a friend of mine whose parents are from Mexico. His wife is from Puerto Rico. The chef was from Ecuador, the bartender was from Honduras. My wife is from Korea. My daughter-in law is from Venezuela and my parents are from the Netherlands and Germany. I don't think I talked to anyone tonight who wanted a hand-out or who was opposed to capitalism or democracy or any of those things that have made America great. On the contrary, they seem to be far more "All American" than I have ever been. Both of my sons have served their nation in the armed forces honorably as I have.

All of them have latched onto the American Dream and expressed a desire to have their children have a better life than they have. I can't wait to greet my German, Dutch, Korean, Venezuelan grand-children. They are going to be really good looking and really smart. And I'm sure they are going to promote the attitudes that have made America a great nation.

Don't worry folks, there are better days ahead and our children and grand-children are going to be just fine without us.
Old 11-24-2013, 07:20 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
In 50 years Thanksgiving will be politically incorrect and will be just a memory to the new "old" people. They will have rewritten the history books because we obviously wronged someone back in the 1600s.
Z
Sadly you are probably right.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgjim View Post
I had to laugh when I read the OP’s comments about the future of American society and how the past generations would be unhappy about how things are turning out. Today, I went to a birthday party for a friend of mine whose parents are from Mexico. His wife is from Puerto Rico. The chef was from Ecuador, the bartender was from Honduras. My wife is from Korea. My daughter-in law is from Venezuela and my parents are from the Netherlands and Germany. I don't think I talked to anyone tonight who wanted a hand-out or who was opposed to capitalism or democracy or any of those things that have made America great. On the contrary, they seem to be far more "All American" than I have ever been. Both of my sons have served their nation in the armed forces honorably as I have.

All of them have latched onto the American Dream and expressed a desire to have their children have a better life than they have. I can't wait to greet my German, Dutch, Korean, Venezuelan grand-children. They are going to be really good looking and really smart. And I'm sure they are going to promote the attitudes that have made America a great nation.

Don't worry folks, there are better days ahead and our children and grand-children are going to be just fine without us.
Like your optimism. I have been having my faith and trust restored quite a bit over the past few months. As long as the checks and balances in our greatest document The US Constitution survive in 50 years this will still be a great country. Maybe the values reflected then will not be so much obsessed with material goods but more on helping one other. Ironically, the very rich and powerful of the 2010s seem to be paving the road for this. http://www.philanthropyroundtable.org/ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Gates
Old 11-24-2013, 11:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgjim View Post

? ? ?

Last edited by Buffalo Jim; 11-24-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.