Question about Kennedy Rocket Launches

Old 02-04-2024, 01:15 PM
Location: Too many to mention, then Loveland, OH; Poinciana then Fernandina!
Question Question about Kennedy Rocket Launches

Looking for information about watching a rocket launch from Kennedy Space Center. We’ve watched many from our front yard but I d like to take my sister and her husband visiting from California to see one from the official viewing site. How do I go about this? I don’t see any tickets available at the Kennedy Space Center website. Has anyone done this? Thanks in advance!
"Dogs come into our lives to teach us about love, they depart to teach us about loss. A new dog never replaces an old dog; it merely expands the heart. If you have loved many dogs your heart is very big " Erica Jong
Old 02-04-2024, 01:53 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

I'd call them things have changed over the years also launches can be delayed or cancelled due to weather. It's worth the admission.
See a Rocket Launch at Kennedy Space Center
Old 02-04-2024, 02:28 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,550 Times in 418 Posts

I do it frequently, as I've recently become a space junkie. First, download space monkey launch schedule app. Then, keep an eye on the KSC website for ticket opportunities. If you are at the space center complex, you won't have a clear view of liftoff because of the trees. You can purchase a launch viewing ticket for $70. If the launch is scrubbed before the busses take you out to the viewing area, you keep your ticket for the attempt the following day. If the busses have already run, there are no refunds and you are out $70. For this reason, I quit buying tickets and watch from various places near KSC. If there is a booster landing on land at the cape, the best place to see it is Jetty Park. You must buy a ticket online to get into the park, they don't accept pmt at the gate. If it's after hours, you can park nearby and walk in for free. I take my camper to the campground there frequently and it's a very good view. There are also parks and restaurants along Titusville and along the causeway on A1A to have a good view.
Also, keep updated on the happenings tomorrow. The Axiom 3 crew will be splashing down and you should be able to see it go over from here. Exact time has not been set, but you'll be able to find out via google.
Edit: they've backed up the landing to Tuesday, now.

Last edited by shut the front door; 02-04-2024 at 04:04 PM.

Tags
kennedy, center, space, rocket, viewing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.