R. I. P. Matthew Perry

Closed Thread
Old 10-30-2023, 09:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,934 Times in 925 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterstang View Post
I can tell you for a fact that he stayed in that hot tub too long. I did the same thing when I was younger at a party. I had not even started drinking yet. They rented a hot tub and no one had even got in it yet so i saw my chance to get in it before anyone else. They were all in the house so I stripped down to my trunks and climbed in. Next thing I knew I was laying on the ground with screaming and someone pushing on my chest. They told me that a girl was on the deck and noticed that I was laying on the bottom of the tub! I ended up in the ER and never even found out her the girl was that saved my life. I limit myself to 15 minutes now in any hot tub.
The optimal temperature for a long hot tub experience is 98 degrees, body temperature. At that temperature, the water feels warm, but its not too hot to stay in for hours. . have done it myself. .

try it sometime, you might enjoy it better knowing that the risk is much reduced.
Old 10-31-2023, 04:44 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,289 Times in 453 Posts

How sad, he was my fav from the Friends
RIP
Old 10-31-2023, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdallas View Post
Having to be associated with such an awful & mindless TV show (yes, I mean Friends) for the rest of your life is enough to turn anyone into a drunken addict.
That opinion puts you in the vast minority of people who have seen the show.
Old 10-31-2023, 03:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,052 Times in 1,763 Posts

I wasn’t much of a TV watcher in my younger days, so I had to look at YouTube to see what this show was all about. It looks like it was oriented as an edgy Gen Z thing. To me the whole show comes across as a bit defensive. The acting is pretty darn good though.
Old 10-31-2023, 03:59 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,651 Times in 1,775 Posts

My daughter loves Friends! I prefer Seinfeld but enjoy watching some Friends reruns now and then. The entertaining frivolity, humorous situations and good feelings provide a nice break from RL.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
foul, sign, tub, hot, apparently

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.