A Radio Station has stopped playing "Baby It's Cold Outside" because of "Me too" .

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2018, 06:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

While watching football, I decided to investigate this situation.

The OP said in her title "because of metoo movement"

Yes, the gentleman who made the decision, Glenn Anderson Mentioned a movement but not to indicate pressure at all, seems more like cover. Never under pressure, it was one man's decision.

Subsequently a poll was conducted of the listeners in Cleveland, and they overwhelmingly objected.

This is a great example of innuendo, insinuation and not allowing facts to matter if you can twist facts to fit whatever the newest fear might be.

Me too cannot be blamed for everything regarding men/women relationship......Black Panthers cannot be blamed for every racial unrest....these are examples, understand, but we label and fear so easy now days.

People....be cautious everyone is labeling, fearing and creating havoc. It might serve certain political movements but it is serving only to have American citizens to distrust anyone who is not like them.

We have so much in the USA to be happy with....truthful good things, factual good things. Why not dwell on them instead of being so much in fear.

Embrace people of different color skin....embrace those of different religions, no matter how exotic they seem....embrace those of different heritage than you....life is short.....being afraid and hating sure does waste a lot of it.

Last edited by Bucco; 12-01-2018 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:43 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Compare:

"Baby, It's Cold Outside"

I really can't stay - Baby it's cold outside
I've got to go away - Baby it's cold outside
This evening has been - Been hoping that you'd drop in
So very nice - I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice

My mother will start to worry - Beautiful, what's your hurry?
Father will be pacing the floor - Listen to the fireplace roar
So really I'd better scurry - Beautiful, please don't hurry
Maybe just a half a drink more - Put some records on while I pour

The neighbors might think - Baby, it's bad out there
Say, what's in this drink? - No cabs to be had out there
I wish I knew how - Your eyes are like starlight now
To break this spell - I'll take your hat, your hair looks swell

I ought to say no, no, no - Mind if I move in closer?
At least I'm gonna say that I tried - What's the sense in hurting my pride?
I really can't stay - Baby don't hold out
Ah, but it's cold outside

I've got to get home - Oh, baby, you'll freeze out there
Say, lend me your coat - It's up to your knees out there
You've really been grand - Thrill when you touch my hand
Why don't you see - How can you do this thing to me?

There's bound to be talk tomorrow - Think of my life long sorrow
At least there will be plenty implied - If you caught pneumonia and died
I really can't stay - Get over that hold out
Ah, but it's cold outside
Oh, baby, it's cold outside
Oh, baby, it's cold outside

to what foul, vile and vulgar trash passes (with some) for music today and is played over the air without contention: The 50 worst rap lyrics: The complete list | Westword

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 12-01-2018, 07:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post

Yes, the gentleman who made the decision, Glenn Anderson Mentioned a movement but not to indicate pressure at all, seems more like cover. Never under pressure, it was one man's decision.

Subsequently a poll was conducted of the listeners in Cleveland, and they overwhelmingly objected.

This is a great example of innuendo, insinuation and not allowing facts to matter if you can twist facts to fit whatever the newest fear might be.

Me too cannot be blamed for everything regarding men/women relationship......Black Panthers cannot be blamed for every racial unrest....these are examples, understand, but we label and fear so easy now days.

People....be cautious everyone is labeling, fearing and creating havoc. It might serve certain political movements but it is serving only to have American citizens to distrust anyone who is not like them.

We have so much in the USA to be happy with....truthful good things, factual good things. Why not dwell on them instead of being so much in fear.

Embrace people of different color skin....embrace those of different religions, no matter how exotic they seem....embrace those of different heritage than you....life is short.....being afraid and hating sure does waste a lot of it.
Huh? I am the OP and I just brought up an article I read in U.S.A. Today. Their article, their title...and as for your summary of it all, in my opinion, That isn't a leap, it is a catapult.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
My father said he chased my mother until she caught him. That was 1940.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Eddie Fisher sang about that very thing in the fifties. Listen here;
you tube. a man chases a girl until she catches him. - Bing video

It does date back to Irving Berlin in the forties.

Last edited by graciegirl; 12-01-2018 at 07:57 PM.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post

Uh. No. The station manager said he did a poll, but did not release the results. An online poll showed that 80 percent wanted to keep the song.

I don't who is more sad; the person who complained or the station manager
Old 12-01-2018, 08:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
Uh. No. The station manager said he did a poll, but did not release the results. An online poll showed that 80 percent wanted to keep the song.

I don't who is more sad; the person who complained or the station manager
Or a discussion on here, which sadly I engaged in. Still do not understand the thread, it's meaning or anything at all. The thread is complete with "they" etc.

Sorry....I did, however mention the poll.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:35 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

The complainer is clearly some off the wall wackjob. Why is such an idiot paid any heed?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 12-01-2018, 10:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
PC run wild, again!

They are after Rudolph and Santa as well
I thought that song was disgusting before the Me Too movement ever came along. There are so many things wrong with the lyrics. Just listen to them. And her brother's standing in the wings ready to "punish" her for his holding her back from leaving. Don't get me started. Sounds like possible date rape.

And Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer--geeze. Bullying and hypocrisy all rolled up into one.

Tags
cold, station, radio, stopped, baby

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.