Rate Increase for Amazon Prime

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2018, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
Could you spend some of those millions on a paragraph structure lesson? My eyes hurt, but I totally agree with you, as usual. USPS does NOTHING but lose money. They are not above cooking the books.

They are civil service... = complete incompetence and zero accountability.
Thank you! I didn't know I was incompetent. I'm sure 100's of other Villagers (that you're proud of being a part of) that are retired civil servants didn't know either.

Last edited by CWGUY; 05-02-2018 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:40 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I would think that someone could conclude if they read everything about a particular subject that their reality can be chosen from one of the points of view that have been written and posted and colored and be put in bold type and the first is the typical attack mode and then circle the wagons with like-minded people to promote your reality to bury one person at any cost. Not me, a bigger fish in a bigger pond. Is it possible that the perceived shortage of shipment funds from Amazon could be in FACT real? Is it possible? Just admit it is possible that the U.S.P.S. could possibly be losing money on the deal they cut with Amazon? Has the Government ever made bad financial decisions before? We know Nothing for sure. Facts when it comes to the government and financial dealing are on a swivel. Adjust the facts to suit your outlook. I'm out on Amazon. I'm going to spread my millions amongst local businesses and keep local people working. For those of you who are staying I don't blame you one bit. It is a great deal and very good service. No hard feelings. Good Luck.
They are getting less money but substantially more volume so I don't think they are losing money. They are also keeping a lot of people employed. There is no way to actually know for sure. I do love the local shops but I also love the convenience that Amazon offers so I will still give them some of my millions.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:43 AM
Sage

"However, the notion that this state of affairs stems [loosing money] from losses attributable to a sweetheart deal with Amazon.com strays far from the defensible fact. By law, the USPS is required, at minimum, to break even on the deal. "
copy and paste in google to read more---and draw your own conclusion

Walmart could buy products cheaper then the local stores. The local stores brought people into town who also supported the restaurants, movies and bars. So many downtowns were hurt. Amazon is making it more difficult for the little guy unless he get's creative.
A long time ago ebay was cutting into the sales of my local my local proshop. The owner started selling on ebay to recover his looses.
When I drive by a strip mall I count the businesses that can be replaced by Amazon and Walmart.

Last edited by tomwed; 05-02-2018 at 10:09 AM.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
I would think that someone could conclude if they read everything about a particular subject that their reality can be chosen from one of the points of view that have been written and posted and colored and be put in bold type and the first is the typical attack mode and then circle the wagons with like-minded people to promote your reality to bury one person at any cost. Not me, a bigger fish in a bigger pond. Is it possible that the perceived shortage of shipment funds from Amazon could be in FACT real? Is it possible? Just admit it is possible that the U.S.P.S. could possibly be losing money on the deal they cut with Amazon? Has the Government ever made bad financial decisions before? We know Nothing for sure. Facts when it comes to the government and financial dealing are on a swivel. Adjust the facts to suit your outlook. I'm out on Amazon. I'm going to spread my millions amongst local businesses and keep local people working. For those of you who are staying I don't blame you one bit. It is a great deal and very good service. No hard feelings. Good Luck.
A bunch of "is it possibles" led you to drop doing business with an American company who is actually quite a story of old fashioned American ingenuity ?
Old 05-02-2018, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
A bunch of "is it possibles" led you to drop doing business with an American company who is actually quite a story of old fashioned American ingenuity?
Yep, that's the way it sounded (in between some incomprehensible ranting)...to me.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Here’s a short paragraph for you. Six weeks of vacation for a worker bee is pretty good. I’m sure the total package equaled the effort put in on the job. Somethings rotten in Denmark. No rants. Facts. My typeing sucks, your correct.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:58 PM
fw102807

OK people we are generalizing again about people we don't know. Let us give everyone the benefit of the doubt and make a personal decision about whether or not Amazon is worth it to ourselves.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
OK people we are generalizing again about people we don't know. Let us give everyone the benefit of the doubt and make a personal decision about whether or not Amazon is worth it to ourselves.
Your correct. Thanks.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Your correct. Thanks.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
I have drastically cut back on order's from Amazon in the last six months. After years of flawless service, we have been shipped two different items in a row that were undoubtedly used, scratched and dented with no manual included and a pair of scuffed up, badly, Zumba shoes. This is the second year in succession that our yearly Prime fee was $$ Zero $$. I would rather pay and not wonder if my next order will be here on time and new.

I've also read that every shipment I get from Amazon hurt the U.S. Postal Service financially. I don't know if this is true or false but I don't want to be a participant if this turns out to be a FACT.

Another $20 a year is the Icing on the Cake. Adios Prime!
To your concern "I've also read that every shipment I get from Amazon hurt the U.S. Postal Service financially".....

Not to worry.

Today the official quarterly numbers came out...

"The United States Post Service says that its large financial losses are caused by market forces and governmental constraints but not Amazon, in a release of its quarterly statistics that stood in contrast to ......."

Trump said Amazon cost the USPS ‘billions.’ But the Post Office has a different explanation. - The Washington Post

Post office blames U.S. government — not Amazon — for billion-dollar loss - MarketWatch

Just thought you would want the FACTS
Closed Thread

Tags
rate, increase, prime, videos, watch

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.