Recreational marijuana

View Poll Results: Do you support the legalization of RECREATIONAL marijuana?
Yes 88 67.69%
No 42 32.31%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2014, 05:02 PM
Platinum member
Default Recreational marijuana

Do you support the legalization of RECREATIONAL marijuana?

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 03-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

I have never smoked a joint and never would, however I would support legalization.
Instead of making smugglers, street hustlers, and Central and South American cartels rich, why not have it grown and controlled by Americans as it is in Colorado?
Instead of paying for the incarceration of tens of thousands of users and sellers, and spending millions on eradication and police work why not save that tax money and add the tax money on maijuana?
I think most people who want to smoke it already do, it seems to be easily accessable.
Seems to me the quality would likely improve and the controls over it would insure better and safer product.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

yup
Old 03-06-2014, 05:24 PM
Sage

I would never use it, but would vote yes to medical use.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:27 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
I would never use it, but would vote yes to medical use.
This is a different survey....on recreational use.

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 03-06-2014, 07:13 PM
Sage
Question Think about unintended consequences:

Has anyone thought about the possibility of unintended consequences? Do you want to live in a "Dumb And Dumber" dumbed down society? Don't we have enough of that already?

If marijuana becomes legal for recreational use, there will be many more young people using it than otherwise would have. Once it is officially sanctioned and approved, it will seem totally harmless to new generations of young people.

Has anyone figured out what the costs of that might be?
Old 03-06-2014, 07:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by quirky3 View Post
This is a different survey....on recreational use.
Oops. I'm outa here.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
Has anyone thought about the possibility of unintended consequences? Do you want to live in a "Dumb And Dumber" dumbed down society? Don't we have enough of that already?

If marijuana becomes legal for recreational use, there will be many more young people using it than otherwise would have. Once it is officially sanctioned and approved, it will seem totally harmless to new generations of young people.

Bump!
Old 03-06-2014, 08:00 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post

Like the 3rd graders in California that were smoking in the school bathroom with their own pipe??? I don't think most people have a clue what doors would be open with this legalization. Don't know what the answer is - don't think jail is appropriate, but don't think legalizing is either. It's a very complicated issue that is above my pay grade.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Like the 3rd graders in California that were smoking in the school bathroom with their own pipe??? I don't think most people have a clue what doors would be open with this legalization. Don't know what the answer is - don't think jail is appropriate, but don't think legalizing is either. It's a very complicated issue that is above my pay grade.
Not complicated to me at all....of course as everybody knows I have no clue.

HOWEVER, I sure am not fond of having folks get drugged...and they will be drugged if you read anything at all.....POSSIBLE paranoia...imagine them on the road or with a gun.....POSSIBLE gateway to heroin...nice thought as they turn 21, legally get on the fast track to more drugs.

If we are doing this as folks say to save money, and collect tax...legalize heroin and any druges...save a ton of money and as folks say it is better than them doing it in the playground.

Where are you going Beaver...oh just down to the playground to get stoned with the guys...oh, ok, bring me back some pot...been stressed...need to unwind and escape reality.

Lazy spoiled society......if it is difficult, legalize it and tax it.....then complain when all these folks cannot function or work....yes, allow the grandchildren to legally get stoned anytime they want. Light up with the family at night !

Sorry.....mabye I am the only stupid one who sees another move by a self absorped society...dont deal with it.....do not hurt feelings...let them have it.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:42 PM
Sage

But Bucco - should some dumb young 20 something spend time in prison cause he just bought some weed to smoke and got caught with a gram over the legal limit? What does that accomplish? That is where my confusion comes in. I have personally seen the ravages of marijuana and am not happy about it being legalized, but I also don't want to see people spending a good part of the lives in jail over it either. That is my confusion. And it is not simply a matter of "just say no". Easier said then done in todays world. Just don't know what the answer is - it's not black and white in my mind.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
But Bucco - should some dumb young 20 something spend time in prison cause he just bought some weed to smoke and got caught with a gram over the legal limit? What does that accomplish? That is where my confusion comes in. I have personally seen the ravages of marijuana and am not happy about it being legalized, but I also don't want to see people spending a good part of the lives in jail over it either. That is my confusion. And it is not simply a matter of "just say no". Easier said then done in todays world. Just don't know what the answer is - it's not black and white in my mind.
Nobody on here anyway, is discussing the penalty. Everyone seems to want to go for making it legal....of course, it is easier.

It is against the law...why would I sympathize with someone who knowlingly broke the law and in addition to making himself or herself feel good, put other folks at risk. Why should you not go to jail if you break the law ?

I suppose a discussion on penalties might be line...for example...shorter jail term but lose a lot of other privileges....I do not know the answer, but I do know...IT IS A DRUG...not approved...opposed by the American Medical Association....and almost all medical groups, including one which supposedly has medical uses...Glaucoma...the American Glaucoma Society is opposed to its use.

BUT...like folks said...it is easier.....you hear that a lot now days...it is easier....tough job....just legalize it. Because we dont want all those petitions and such to affect elections.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,950 Times in 2,463 Posts

Not that I would Know. IMO no worse than Alcohol, especially whiskey, rum, ect... Nothing like wineo's begging for 2 bucks for something to eat in liquid form.

I would at least restrict the age limit to 21. Surely by 21 years old now days you would have control over you life and habits. NOT! 35 is the new 21
Old 03-06-2014, 10:10 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

I certainly would think if recreational use was legalized it would be within a given set of conditions. I certainly don't recommend lighting up a fat boy and then realize the fact you need those white castle burgers in the frozen foods at Publix you wished you picked up earlier.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs down Sad

It is sad so many have not done any research on the subject of marjuana and the impact it has on society. How many have visited a "sober house", "crisis center", Rehab and talked to the Professional regarding the impact of this gateway drug on society and the body? Some just look at it as "fun' and ignore the terrible effect it has on society (e.g. 20% of Users end up on the hard drug, that it has devestating impact on youth of 18 and under..too much impact to even start to describe. it impacts the stem of the brain, and many many so ons" The good news is that it give employment opportunity to the Psychologists, medical personnel, et al.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.