Recreational marijuana

View Poll Results: Do you support the legalization of RECREATIONAL marijuana?
Yes 88 67.69%
No 42 32.31%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2014, 11:25 PM
Platinum member

I think this country if finding its way to "hell in a hand basket" without legalizing dope! It's difficult enough to maneuver a vehicle safely without having to deal with potheads running the roads (and roundabouts)!������������
Old 03-07-2014, 12:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I have never smoked a joint and never would, however I would support legalization. Instead of making smugglers, street hustlers, and Central and South American cartels rich, why not have it grown and controlled by Americans as it is in Colorado?
Instead of paying for the incarceration of tens of thousands of users and sellers, and spending millions on eradication and police work why not save that tax money and add the tax money on maijuana?
I think most people who want to smoke it already do, it seems to be easily accessable. Seems to me the quality would likely improve and the controls over it would insure better and safer product.
This is a rational post. Marijuana is easily accessible now and often sold to young kids. I'd rather see it legalized and restricted to adults.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
This is a rational post. Marijuana is easily accessible now and often sold to young kids. I'd rather see it legalized and restricted to adults.

Would it help if we spent this effort into making it NOT SO EASY to buy a DRUG that ALTERS THE MOOD ?

Of course that would mean listening to medical and psychiatric professionals and might not be as easy. We can just build more crisis and rehab centers and finance them somehow. Increase the local cmt's. It may create jobs for CRISIS COUNSELORS !

What would be the next crime that is being committed that we push to make legal because of the difficulty of enforcing ?

A MIND ALTERING DRUG made legal it seems because we just give up and hey....does not matter the ramifications...we sure will fee good.
Old 03-07-2014, 08:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Nobody on here anyway, is discussing the penalty. Everyone seems to want to go for making it legal....of course, it is easier.

It is against the law...why would I sympathize with someone who knowlingly broke the law and in addition to making himself or herself feel good, put other folks at risk. Why should you not go to jail if you break the law ?

I suppose a discussion on penalties might be line...for example...shorter jail term but lose a lot of other privileges....I do not know the answer, but I do know...IT IS A DRUG...not approved...opposed by the American Medical Association....and almost all medical groups, including one which supposedly has medical uses...Glaucoma...the American Glaucoma Society is opposed to its use.

BUT...like folks said...it is easier.....you hear that a lot now days...it is easier....tough job....just legalize it. Because we dont want all those petitions and such to affect elections.
No, no, no......... You are on the wrong thread. You are looking for the medical poll.

Over here... it would be classified as a food or supplement.

Old 03-07-2014, 09:13 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Not complicated to me at all....of course as everybody knows I have no clue.

HOWEVER, I sure am not fond of having folks get drugged...and they will be drugged if you read anything at all.....POSSIBLE paranoia...imagine them on the road or with a gun.....POSSIBLE gateway to heroin...nice thought as they turn 21, legally get on the fast track to more drugs.

If we are doing this as folks say to save money, and collect tax...legalize heroin and any druges...save a ton of money and as folks say it is better than them doing it in the playground.

Where are you going Beaver...oh just down to the playground to get stoned with the guys...oh, ok, bring me back some pot...been stressed...need to unwind and escape reality.

Lazy spoiled society......if it is difficult, legalize it and tax it.....then complain when all these folks cannot function or work....yes, allow the grandchildren to legally get stoned anytime they want. Light up with the family at night !

Sorry.....mabye I am the only stupid one who sees another move by a self absorped society...dont deal with it.....do not hurt feelings...let them have it.
... never mind.

Xavier
Old 03-07-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
I have never smoked a joint and never would, however I would support legalization.
Instead of making smugglers, street hustlers, and Central and South American cartels rich, why not have it grown and controlled by Americans as it is in Colorado?
Instead of paying for the incarceration of tens of thousands of users and sellers, and spending millions on eradication and police work why not save that tax money and add the tax money on maijuana?
I think most people who want to smoke it already do, it seems to be easily accessable.
Seems to me the quality would likely improve and the controls over it would insure better and safer product.
I agree with your comments 100%. I am currently living in The Netherlands where pot is legal. You don't see the populus running around high and the crime rate is lower than my hometown in MIchigan. As a retired lawyer and prosecutor we wasted tons of time and money on cases involving small amounts of grass. Just raised money for the courts and kept some police officers busy.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron122049 View Post
I agree with your comments 100%. I am currently living in The Netherlands where pot is legal. You don't see the populus running around high and the crime rate is lower than my hometown in MIchigan. As a retired lawyer and prosecutor we wasted tons of time and money on cases involving small amounts of grass. Just raised money for the courts and kept some police officers busy.
Thank you for being sensible.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:24 AM
Sage

Good ole boys drink bourbon, then as long as the .08 blood level is not met or exceeded, they can drive 6000 lb. trucks down the the road at 70 MPH with a loaded 44 MAG pistol concealed under their coat and it's legal. A young man smokes a joint in the parking lot of the local movie theater prior to going in is breaking the law. What is wrong with this countries thinking?

Wake up America and help change the self serving laws that are ludicrous. You can put a spin on any situation to make it match you personal interests, but be sensible.

Walking around with a loaded gun hidden on your person in public = good guy
Sitting in your living room smoking a joint = criminal
Old 03-07-2014, 10:32 AM
Sage

I see a common connection between no votes for legalized marijuana, no vote for gun control, no vote for immigration reform and a no vote for minimum wage increase. Having issue with one or two, no big deal, but when someone is against all, I see a problem.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
Good ole boys drink bourbon, then as long as the .08 blood level is not met or exceeded, they can drive 6000 lb. trucks down the the road at 70 MPH with a loaded 44 MAG pistol concealed under their coat and it's legal. A young man smokes a joint in the parking lot of the local movie theater prior to going in is breaking the law. What is wrong with this countries thinking?

Wake up America and help change the self serving laws that are ludicrous. You can put a spin on any situation to make it match you personal interests, but be sensible.

Walking around with a loaded gun hidden on your person in public = good guy
Sitting in your living room smoking a joint = criminal
I did not realize that the movement to legalize had such restrictions....can only smoke a joint in the parking lot of movies or at home. GREAT...they cannot drive under the influence, right ? They cannot have a gun with them under the influence, right ?

Oh, and the crisis's that follow......and they will according to experts....perhaps not on TOTV.....they pay for all that, right ?

And we are not speaking of CHANGING LAWS, but ABOLISHING LAWS !
Old 03-07-2014, 11:12 AM
Sage

Quote:
I see a common connection between no votes for legalized marijuana, no vote for gun control, no vote for immigration reform and a no vote for minimum wage increase. Having issue with one or two, no big deal, but when someone is against all, I see a problem.
I, for one, have never ever voted on minimum wage increases, or immigration reform.....fact is...never heard of a real plan or bill about any kind of immigration reform at all.

Wondering why I didn't get a vote ????

And the problem, as you say, to me anyway, is that you see a PROBLEM with everybody not jumping on board and agreeing with you on things never discussed....THAT is a problem.

Once there is legitimate immigration reform to discuss, or a real minimum wage package to discuss....but until then I am not sure how you arrived at your conclusions or actually where you voted !
Old 03-07-2014, 11:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
You can put a spin on any situation to make it match you personal interests,
pretty accurate, normal position of all participants in one form or another on any subject in any audience of any particular flavor!
Old 03-07-2014, 11:39 AM
Sage

And the spin continues. I do sincerely ask all to get your information from people that know. How many people with a criminal record is enough. Legalize marijuana and you put the dealers out of business and I can only imagine the savings from the judicial system.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:41 AM
Sage

Quote:
I, for one, have never ever voted on minimum wage increases, or immigration reform.....fact is...never heard of a real plan or bill about any kind of immigration reform at all.

Wondering why I didn't get a vote ????

And the problem, as you say, to me anyway, is that you see a PROBLEM with everybody not jumping on board and agreeing with you on things never discussed....THAT is a problem.

Once there is legitimate immigration reform to discuss, or a real minimum wage package to discuss....but until then I am not sure how you arrived at your conclusions or actually where you voted !
:shr
Old 03-07-2014, 11:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
I did not realize that the movement to legalize had such restrictions....can only smoke a joint in the parking lot of movies or at home. GREAT...they cannot drive under the influence, right ? They cannot have a gun with them under the influence, right ?

Oh, and the crisis's that follow......and they will according to experts....perhaps not on TOTV.....they pay for all that, right ?

And we are not speaking of CHANGING LAWS, but ABOLISHING LAWS !
Have a joint then answer
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.