Relax and make yourself a Doob.

Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2018, 06:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts
Exclamation Relax and make yourself a Doob.

And no, I didn't leave off the 'ie.'

Although it has apparently been around for a few years now, I just saw a news story on making 3D models/figurines of yourself (or your children/family/friends/pets/etc.).

Take Your Selfie Game to the Next Level With a 3-D Printed Statue of Yourself | WIRED

Quote:
DOOB 3D can produce a detailed, four-inch figurine of your body—yes, a 3-D selfie. Making one of these figurines requires a massive pile of hardware and software: 54 DSLRs, 54 lenses, a complex 3-D modeling pipeline, and an $80,000 full-color 3-D printer, not to mention a room-size scanning booth.

Factor that all in and the $95 asking price for a replica of yourself that's roughly the size of most classic Star Wars action figures doesn't seem so bad. A Barbie-esque 10-inch model goes for $395, while a 14-inch figure that's more along the lines of an old-school G.I. Joe doll costs $695.
I have to admit to being intrigued by the idea of having one done...while swinging a golf club.

The Villages Florida
Old 06-23-2018, 09:24 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
And no, I didn't leave off the 'ie.'

Although it has apparently been around for a few years now, I just saw a news story on making 3D models/figurines of yourself (or your children/family/friends/pets/etc.).

Take Your Selfie Game to the Next Level With a 3-D Printed Statue of Yourself | WIRED

I have to admit to being intrigued by the idea of having one done...while swinging a golf club.

The Villages Florida
Oh. For a second you had my attention. Good one! I would like to have a double of myself maybe at times for a future alibi!
Closed Thread

Tags
3-d, making, doob, figures, action

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.