Report: World slightly happier than it used to be

Closed Thread
Old 09-13-2013, 06:56 AM
Sage

I've removed my post as well (since the post I quoted and was replying to as being honest, has been removed).

Last edited by senior citizen; 09-13-2013 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Quoted post has been removed
Old 09-13-2013, 07:16 AM
TOTV Moderator

Let's get back on Topic.... World Happiness Index and where various countries rate.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post

I have read ever post and did not find this line of reasoning offered.

Perhaps we should consider "time" There are times in out lives when we are happy and times when we are sad depending on what is affecting us.

for instance young married couples just starting out and looking forward to the prospects of a bright and profitable future. The thought of having children and building their careers. Move forward teen age kids are driving you nuts, the corporation isn't living up to its promises to reward you for hard work and loyal service. the neighborhood is going to the dogs.

Move forward your desire for your retirement years is plagued because you didn't save enough, not your fault the economy dropped. Health problems begin to wear on you.....................................

In summary asking the question are you happy depends on at what time of your life it is asked and what your life is at that moment. Further it can be of short duration or long duration. I am miserable when I have a cold and miserable if I am getting a divorce and miserable if my golf game does not meet my expectations I am miserable when my guaranteed health care plan tells me I have no choice but to wait six months for my elective surgery and that my taxes are going up to cover the plan. See nothing is free
Good post. I hope you didn't mean the part about getting a divorce. I know how sweetly you have always spoken about Mrs. Rubicon and I think of you both as a pair of Sand Hill Cranes.
Old 09-13-2013, 07:35 AM
Sage
Default People are happiest when they feel safe and secure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
Let's get back on Topic.... World Happiness Index and where various countries rate.
I understand. However, getting back to my original post, I still say homogenous societies who share the same basic backgrounds, ethics, morality, and so on........will be happier.

Our country was built by immigrants from all over the world.....
Doing genealogy for so long.......I totally embrace that fact....
We were the "melting pot" where all could seek freedom to live life as they chose.

However, in the past twenty years or so "diversity" has taken over to the point that we all have to be politically correct at all times. I happen to enjoy people from all cultures.........as do our adult children and their children..........I was referring to the "criminal element" infiltrating our state , selling drugs and hooking kids on drugs.......which becomes a vicious cycle and causes CRIME. A state that once was a utopia can easily be changed by newcomers bearing drugs. Thankfully, our police have good heads on their shoulders and are doing their job.....

People are happiest when they feel SAFE and SECURE....
When they do not feel a need to lock their doors........

Again, please refer to my other post re family members in Sweden and friends from Switzerland and The Netherlands, countries mentioned in the OP....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.