Retired Feds

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2008, 06:16 PM
Eternal Member
Default Retired Feds

I know there is a local chapter of NARFE (National Association of Retired Federal Employees) in the area. Is anyone aware of any other groups of retired federal employees? As a recovering bureaucrat, I'm not real big on national groups but I think a Villages-centric organization might be fun and a good place to share common experiences and issues. I know there's a plethora of retired feds and likely many of those are, like me, former DoD types. Such a group might be a great place to discuss the ins and outs of (sorry about the acronyms) FEHB, TSP, SPQRLS :yikesok, I made that one up, I think), FEGLI and other similar stuff.

So, is there anything out there now? If not, does this seem like something that would evoke a lot of interest, i.e., enough for a real live club?
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 02-07-2008, 11:03 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Re: Retired Feds

Muncle,

I am not a retired fed so this is way off topic.

I am consumed with curiosity.

Who is that in your picture?

At first I thought it was Geoffrey Chaucer, but I don't think the beard is right. But that beard looks so familiar.

-or maybe you were a spy and that is your disguise.

Please tell me who that is?

Thanks.

BB
Old 02-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer BeBack
Muncle,

I am not a retired fed so this is way off topic.

I am consumed with curiosity.

Who is that in your picture?

At first I thought it was Geoffrey Chaucer, but I don't think the beard is right. But that beard looks so familiar.

-or maybe you were a spy and that is your disguise.

Please tell me who that is?

Thanks.

BB
We were discussing books at the time, so I thought this one appropriate: Johannes Gutenberg.

To English: No, I was not a policy wonk. No body ever really gave a damn about my positions on policies. I was an info mgt mid-level flunky. Programmer, then analyst, then DOIM for military community in Europe, then HQ type who worked on multiple projects.
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 02-10-2008, 12:20 AM
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS G Send a message via MSN to DENNIS G

I am retired military (USAF) and also retired DOD (US army). It might be very interesting, at least keep abreast of changes, etc..
Old 01-11-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muncle View Post
We were discussing books at the time, so I thought this one appropriate: Johannes Gutenberg.

To English: No, I was not a policy wonk. No body ever really gave a damn about my positions on policies. I was an info mgt mid-level flunky. Programmer, then analyst, then DOIM for military community in Europe, then HQ type who worked on multiple projects.
I am moving to the villages next week. I am also a retired fed. I was the deputy G6 for IMCOM. ( how is that for acronyms). Translated it means I was the deputy IT director for the Installation Management Comand for the Army. I would be interested in a retired fed group. We could discuss TSP, and unique Financial and tax issues for FEDS

Mark
Old 01-11-2013, 09:32 AM

I am soon to be retired Fed and would also be interested in this group.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:51 AM
Sage

I think that is a great idea to have a "club" for retired Federal employees. Non-political and informative on current Federal happenings. I would not want to see it turned into a political gathering but some political discussion might be okay.

Basically, I think someone just has to show interest and that is done with the Daily Sun in their Thursday club insert.

Who want to take some "leadership" and "own the project"?
Old 01-11-2013, 10:26 AM
Eternal Member

Pls include me in the loop

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
Hunter S. Thompson
Old 01-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Veteran member

Monica and I are both retired Federal workers and darn proud of it too we might add. We spend a lot of time informing some of our LIV neighbors back in the hills of Tennessee that YES, we pay into Social Security, yes we pay federal income taxes and no our health care is not and was not FREE!

Monica had 31 years, I had 37 years for the Department of Veterans Affairs which included 15 years in the U.S. Coast Guard.

We would love to hear more about a club or group.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:46 PM
Eternal Member

I think there are a couple retired CIA agents / employees here in TV but they are still undercover.

VG
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.