Retired Postal Workers -- Package from unknown sender sent by US mail

Closed Thread
Old 11-12-2009, 10:22 PM
Question Retired Postal Workers -- Package from unknown sender sent by US mail

Has anyone else received a small package from an unknown sender recently? I ask as on Saturday I received a package containing a several containers of foundation makeup. I did not purchase this and know no one in New Jersey, which is the return address. There was no receipt or note in the package and I don't know the sender.

Does anyone know how to decompose the numbers on the package? The package appears to have been sent via a Pitney Bowes prepaid mailing device and has a barcode on it with a 30 digit number underneath it. Of the 30 digits, the second five are my zip code here in The Villages. Also, below the long 30 digit string there is another 10 digit number below it. It was delivered by US mail to my Villages mail box but I'd prefer to ask here before I take it to Postmaster.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:01 PM

Sounds to me as if an ebay seller sent the package to the wrong address - often, the seller prints their labels at home on their printer, and the long line of numbers plus the barcode sounds like a delivery confirmation number.

Have you purchased anything on ebay, and perhaps they sent you the wrong item?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.