Review of Super Bowl 58

Old 02-12-2024, 01:50 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Kansas City is not going to get a three peat if they play like they did yesterday. Not sure how they actually won that game.
They scored more points.
Old 02-12-2024, 01:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

I liked the game however the qualifier is I did not have a favorite. Liked the fact that the game did not come down to some controversial penalty call. I would like to have seen more coverage of Tay Tay though.
Old 02-12-2024, 02:04 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
Totally agree. KC would have easily lost without blocking that extra point and that stupid punt return muff by S.F. And also the tepid offensive calls by S.F. in the 3rd quarter.
KC actually did not play worthy of winning that game outright.
I feel badly for the 49rs fans. They got robbed by a few dumb plays on their team’s part. KC lucked into a win.
So the Chiefs would have lost if they didn't play the game.

Got it.
Old 02-12-2024, 02:09 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by phylt View Post
We have DirecTV and record. Fast forwarded thru the shots of Swift in her lux box
Your thumb must have been busy.

Swift was shown on camera for 55 total seconds during CBS's Super Bowl 58 broadcast, according to Admeter. The pop star graced the screen a total of 11 times, meaning that the appearances lasted an average of five seconds each.
Old 02-12-2024, 02:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Kansas City is not going to get a three peat if they play like they did yesterday. Not sure how they actually won that game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
They scored more points.
Quote:
So the Chiefs would have lost if they didn't play the game.

Got it.
Rather impossible to score more points if they did not play.
Old 02-12-2024, 02:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Rather impossible to score more points if they did not play.
Rather impossible to read those posts and not understand, but you were able to pull it off.

Old 02-12-2024, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phylt View Post
In my opinion...

1. Game was good, but prefer higher-scoring football.

2. S.F. should have won - the muffed punt return by SF resulted in an easy touchdown for KC. And the blocked SF extra point in Q4 allowed KC into OT. Could have easily been a SF SB win.

3. Vegas seemed to be a great location for a SB.

4. Completely tired of the shots of Swift - I heard, just during the game itself, CBS took a total of 58 seconds of her in the lux box. I counted 10 times. Enough already.

5. Commercials, NONE stood out to be worthy of mention.

6. Commercials again - How many multi-millionaire 'stars' were in these commercials? Some for a second or so, but no doubt took in huge $$$$.

7. Halftime show. I'm getting old, Usher & Co was the usual glitz and glamor. We actually fast-forwarded thru most of it.

I'm done, till next year...
1. Agree, higher scoring games are usually better, but this was a nail-biter, so no complaints there.

2. The missed extra point was key. It would have left them ahead by 4, requiring a KC touchdown instead of a tying field goal to force OT.

3. Vegas is always great, albeit ridiculously overpriced.

4. Not sure why they need to show any celebrities. But especially her, repeatedly.

5. Most of them were unmemorable, but I did like the State Farm commercial with Schwartzenegger.

6. Good gig if you can get it.

7. Halftime show never lives up to the hype. I'd be fine with something half as time consuming, like a marching band. Then I wouldn't feel obligated to watch.
Old 02-12-2024, 03:17 PM
Sage

Quote:
Rather impossible to read those posts and not understand, but you were able to pull it off.

There lies the problem. Many posters don't read but are anxious to show off what they know. Reading is an acquired skill - requires practicing and participation. A lot like coloring.
Old 02-12-2024, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
They scored more points.
I've found that typically results in a win...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-12-2024, 04:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Your thumb must have been busy.

Swift was shown on camera for 55 total seconds during CBS's Super Bowl 58 broadcast, according to Admeter. The pop star graced the screen a total of 11 times, meaning that the appearances lasted an average of five seconds each.
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 02-12-2024, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,674 Times in 1,508 Posts

[QUOTE=Pugchief;2300404]

4. Not sure why they need to show any celebrities. But especially her, repeatedly.

News worthy. Not bad to look at.
55 seconds out of how many hours of non play time and commercials.
Old 02-12-2024, 09:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
Totally agree. KC would have easily lost without blocking that extra point and that stupid punt return muff by S.F. And also the tepid offensive calls by S.F. in the 3rd quarter.
KC actually did not play worthy of winning that game outright.
I feel badly for the 49rs fans. They got robbed by a few dumb plays on their team’s part. KC lucked into a win.
I don’t feel sorry for them. KC didn’t luck into a win; do you think they lucked through those playoff wins? Don’t think so. It was a great Midwest team beating a left coast team. Boom 💥
Old 02-12-2024, 09:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
I don’t feel sorry for them. KC didn’t luck into a win; do you think they lucked through those playoff wins? Don’t think so. It was a great Midwest team beating a left coast team. Boom ������
They did not seem like the team in those playoff wins. Maybe, it was the surroundings and expectations. Vegas can be a bit much. Have not been there though in forty years.

Maybe they will do better in New Orleans. If they get there for Super Bowl LIX https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/oth...ix/ar-BB1ibdt5.
Old 02-13-2024, 12:41 AM

[QUOTE=fdpaq0580;2300448]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugchief View Post

News worthy. Not bad to look at.
55 seconds out of how many hours of non play time and commercials.
Agree completely re Taylor Swift. Clearly her relationship with the on-field player contributed to the interest. I know a lot of people were curious as to how she would react.

Overall an enjoyable game even though low scoring. It was not memorable for the quality of play though - a disappointment in that respect.
Old 02-13-2024, 04:39 AM
Veteran member

I grew up in a state subsidized apartment complex with 30 kids my own age. A lot of signed up with Pop Warner football league. I think our parents were happy because it was a place to release our aggression.
I still love to watch football even when I have no interest in either team or the outcome. What I love to watch is when a team executes a plan that throws the other team off balance and catches them by surprise. To me that is what distinguishes football from many other sports. Besides brawn there has to be brains. The half time show is just a bathroom break.

Tags
commercials, game, glitz, worthy, multi-millionaire

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.