Review of Super Bowl 58

Old 02-13-2024, 04:50 AM

I found the whole racial divisiveness a real issue starting with the “black national anthem” followed by the “black only half time show” by an aging dancer.

There is only ONE national anthem.

As there is only ONE United States of America.

And it’s for EVERYONE - white, black, yellow, and even maroon.

The agenda of division isn’t just needless; it’s exhausting.
Old 02-13-2024, 06:54 AM

Hmmm, interesting! 😯
Old 02-13-2024, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robnlaura View Post
I found the whole racial divisiveness a real issue starting with the “black national anthem” followed by the “black only half time show” by an aging dancer.

Think about how exhausting it must be for black people - they’ve been enduring it for hundreds of years.

At least African Americans get paid a decent income when it comes to football.
Old 02-13-2024, 07:18 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,076 Times in 432 Posts

Super Bowl LVIII was probably one of the best, along with last year's Eagles/Chiefs matchup. Real fans get it. Last year's game was an offensive shootout, while this year's was a defensive dogfight. Both teams had top rated defensive units (KC #2, SF #8), and it showed. Steve Spagnuolo proved once again why he is one of the best defensive minds in football, as SF was effectively shut down in the 2nd half (when it counts).

Also, the Chiefs didn't "luck" into anything, and the officiating was mostly fair. During the postseason this year, KC beat both #1 seeded teams, and beat 4 of the 6 top rated offenses in football...holding them all to a total of 63 points. And, while Kyle Shanahan is a really good coach, he was quite simply outmatched during this game, on both sides of the ball.

The winning formula was actually pretty simple this year: Keep the game close going into the 2nd half; then lean on your defense to clamp down the opponent, and let Mahomes do what he does best...win football games.
Old 02-13-2024, 07:29 AM
Default Commercials

In the 1st 45 minutes there was 15 minutes of football and 30 minutes of commercials many of which were repeated.
It was a great defensive game and both teams were great. I am an avid chiefs fan since mid 60’s. Both teams were great
Old 02-13-2024, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phylt View Post
In my opinion...

1. Game was good, but prefer higher-scoring football.

2. S.F. should have won - the muffed punt return by SF resulted in an easy touchdown for KC. And the blocked SF extra point in Q4 allowed KC into OT. Could have easily been a SF SB win.

3. Vegas seemed to be a great location for a SB.

4. Completely tired of the shots of Swift - I heard, just during the game itself, CBS took a total of 58 seconds of her in the lux box. I counted 10 times. Enough already.

5. Commercials, NONE stood out to be worthy of mention.

6. Commercials again - How many multi-millionaire 'stars' were in these commercials? Some for a second or so, but no doubt took in huge $$$$.

7. Halftime show. I'm getting old, Usher & Co was the usual glitz and glamor. We actually fast-forwarded thru most of it.

I'm done, till next year...
If SF should have one...they would have.
Old 02-13-2024, 09:17 AM

Worse than muffed punt was winning the overtime coin toss and choosing to receive. Nobody does that. Had KC gone first and scored, SF would not have been kicking a field goal on 3rd down. You think?
Old 02-13-2024, 09:24 AM
Default Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by phylt View Post
In my opinion...

1. Game was good, but prefer higher-scoring football.

2. S.F. should have won - the muffed punt return by SF resulted in an easy touchdown for KC. And the blocked SF extra point in Q4 allowed KC into OT. Could have easily been a SF SB win.

3. Vegas seemed to be a great location for a SB.

4. Completely tired of the shots of Swift - I heard, just during the game itself, CBS took a total of 58 seconds of her in the lux box. I counted 10 times. Enough already.

5. Commercials, NONE stood out to be worthy of mention.

6. Commercials again - How many multi-millionaire 'stars' were in these commercials? Some for a second or so, but no doubt took in huge $$$$.

7. Halftime show. I'm getting old, Usher & Co was the usual glitz and glamor. We actually fast-forwarded thru most of it.

I'm done, till next year...
I don''t mind the Swift Kielce stuff, but can't understand anything Usher said/sang. Poor halftime
Old 02-13-2024, 09:28 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,066 Times in 534 Posts

I thought it was a great game, loved when it went into overtime. My team won. I loved the halftime show. I loved when they showed Taylor Swift. The commercials were a bit disappointing, compared to past years. I saw the Clydesdales, did you know the yellow Lab belongs to Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell? I had friends visiting, during Usher's performance I said, "Old white guys in the Villages hating this right now. Laughing because all the Taylor Swift conspiracies never happened.
Old 02-13-2024, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgy View Post
I don''t mind the Swift Kielce stuff, but can't understand anything Usher said/sang. Poor halftime
I was with someone who was thrilled with the halftime show. It could be we are no longer the market the NFL is trying to reach.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 02-13-2024, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
Totally agree. KC would have easily lost without blocking that extra point and that stupid punt return muff by S.F. And also the tepid offensive calls by S.F. in the 3rd quarter.
KC actually did not play worthy of winning that game outright.
I feel badly for the 49rs fans. They got robbed by a few dumb plays on their team’s part. KC lucked into a win.
Let me get this straight you feel badly for 49ers fans. Perhaps you weren't watching how they got into the Super Bowl when a pass overthrown by their QB bounced off the face mask of a Lions defender into the hands of a SF wide receiver setting up a crucial TD. They were lucky enough to get into the Super Bowl, just not talented enough to win it.
Old 02-13-2024, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Kansas City is not going to get a three peat if they play like they did yesterday. Not sure how they actually won that game.
That’s what makes a team great! Don’t play your best but still find a way to win the biggest game of the year.
Old 02-13-2024, 01:26 PM

Not big on statistics, but Chiefs 5-1 in playoff games when down by ten. Rest of the NFL is 6-48 when down by ten in the playoffs. Probably will not 3peat, but they simply out played the 49ers. Mcaferty fumbled, bad special tea ms, failed to score touchdown in overtime, failed to stop Chiefs twice when it counted. Chiefs beat very good team. Taylor Swift simply shows up, watches the game and keeps her mouth shut.
Old 02-13-2024, 05:46 PM
Platinum member

We didn’t bother watching it due to many reasons.
Old 02-13-2024, 08:38 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,200 Times in 327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robnlaura View Post

+++++++++ !!!!

Tags
commercials, game, glitz, worthy, multi-millionaire

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.