robot vacuum cleaners

Closed Thread
Old 04-25-2018, 08:18 AM
Gold member

We had all of the carpet replaced with tile when we bought our house and have a Roomba and it does an excellent job. I would not recommend it for carpet though, not enough suction.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:43 AM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyf View Post
We had all of the carpet replaced with tile when we bought our house and have a Roomba and it does an excellent job. I would not recommend it for carpet though, not enough suction.
I don't care if it doesn't actually clean the rugs as I would still vac them weekly I just want it to be able to go over them. We have laminate floors but had to put down area rugs because they were too slippery for my dog. I just want something to pick up some of the fur on a daily basis since my dog seems to shed hourly.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:49 PM

We have two Roomba 650s and love them. They are not vacuums but sweepers and pick up tons of our golden retriever's hair. iRobot was great when we had problems with one after 11 months of use. I called them and went through a few steps with their phone tech and they sent a new (probably refurbished) one out in a box to return the failing one. They didn't ask for credit card or any deposit, just sent the new one. That is great customer support! We bought them at Bed Bath and Beyond and used the 20% discount coupon. We bought the first one just after we moved here in the Fall of 2013 and bought the second while waiting for the replacement to arrive after the first one failed. Haven't had a problem since then, just replace the parts that wear out.
Old 04-26-2018, 04:58 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaner View Post
We have two Roomba 650s and love them. They are not vacuums but sweepers and pick up tons of our golden retriever's hair. iRobot was great when we had problems with one after 11 months of use. I called them and went through a few steps with their phone tech and they sent a new (probably refurbished) one out in a box to return the failing one. They didn't ask for credit card or any deposit, just sent the new one. That is great customer support! We bought them at Bed Bath and Beyond and used the 20% discount coupon. We bought the first one just after we moved here in the Fall of 2013 and bought the second while waiting for the replacement to arrive after the first one failed. Haven't had a problem since then, just replace the parts that wear out.
But will it go over an area rug without getting stuck?
Old 04-26-2018, 05:22 PM

The only rugs we have are in the bathrooms and we pick those up before running the Roombas if we leave the doors open. When we had rugs they did OK with ones without frilly ends. When we had carpet in the bedrooms they did a good job of getting the surface hairs and sewing threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
But will it go over an area rug without getting stuck?
Old 04-26-2018, 05:48 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaner View Post
The only rugs we have are in the bathrooms and we pick those up before running the Roombas if we leave the doors open. When we had rugs they did OK with ones without frilly ends. When we had carpet in the bedrooms they did a good job of getting the surface hairs and sewing threads.
Great, thank you.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:51 AM
fw102807

So after reading all of this and watching the videos on Amazon I purchased a Neato D80. It is great, up over the rugs around the chairs all over the place with no problem. Now maybe I can keep up with the fur.
Closed Thread

Tags
experience, advise, clean, sheds, dog

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.