Solar tubes

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2008, 03:55 AM
Default Solar tubes

Hello,

Does anyone have a recommendation for me on solar tubes? We are looking for reliability and a good price.

Thanks in advance,
Jullie
Old 06-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Solar tubes

The Solar Guys on 441 are the best! We had them do three solar tubes for us as well as a solar attic fan; they show up when they say they will, they'll answer all questions patiently, and they do the installation so clean and neatly that you'd never know anyone had been there. And the end results are marvelous! I don't have their phone number in front of me, but they're in the local directory. Or if someone has the directory handy, could you please post the number for Jullie; we're not in TV at the moment.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Veteran member

I had them do my Solatube and just had the solar attic fan put in a few days ago. Their number is 1-866-767-6527 or (local) 352-307-7077

Old 06-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Sage

How is the attic fan working out? I guess it's way to early to know.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:32 PM

Thanks so much for your information
Jullie
Old 06-11-2008, 04:17 AM
Gold member

I've installed attic fans in just about every house I've owned over the years, because they do work so well. Granted we haven't lived with the one we had put in in TV for very long, but I did check on it a couple of times and you can feel the gentle draw of air through the attic space, which is the whole point of them. If we could feel that in the spring, I'm sure we'll feel it in the summer too.

Right now we're up north where the temps have been in the high 90s the past couple of days. Our whole-house attic fan is on right now, drawing the cooler evening air into our living space and forcing out the hot air that accumulated in the attic during the day, making a/c unnecessary in the house.

I think our attic fan is one of the best things we've done in our house in TV!
Old 06-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Sage

Another vote here for the whole house fan idea. I wouldn't go so far as SL and say that we don't need A/C here in eastern MA since the humidity is so high. But on any night where the humidity levels decrease we open the windows and turn that sucker (pun intended) on. It is so strong that all the curtains in the house are blowing straight in.

We also use a stand alone attic fan that we use in conjunction with the A/C unit. It keeps the attic temp down about 10 degrees (yes I've measured it) and therefore helps the inside temperature a little.

I can imagine that either (both) approaches might also work in TV?
Old 06-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I wonder why I've never seen a whole house fan in TV? I know that many nights it doesn't cool down enough to use it but you would think that there would be enough nights when it did to justify it.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:00 PM
Sage

The cost was minimal since I installed it myself. Less than $200 at Home Depot if i remember correctly.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.