Old 06-26-2013, 06:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfingnut View Post
OK. I will say it.

It's about time.

Honorable call.
I agree. I lived in the SF Bay area for about seven years and met many gay/lesbian people who seemed no different than anyone else. This is an important development in human rights in the U.S. Whom you fall in love with should have no bearing on how you are taxed, inherit property, get Social Securit benefits, death benefits, adoption rights, travel rights, employment opportunities, hospital visitation, etc.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:18 PM

There were two important things that happened to me personally today.....one of which was the Supreme Court ruling....and the second was the amazing phone calls from our kids and son-in-law congratulating their two "dads" on the ruling that happened today. What a wonderful memory for Ronnie and me......Jimmy!!!
Old 06-26-2013, 06:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mflasch View Post
Today was yet another example of the social and moral decay in this great country. It is not the first thing that indicates we are heading down the path to disaster and if won't be the last. Our kid's kids are being conditioned to accept what wrong in the past and the line between what is right and what is wrong continues to get blurry.
What next?
What next? This is next:

Leahy submits immigration amendment to allow gays to sponsor foreign-born partners – LGBTQ Nation

Are the foreign-born partners "married" to the gay sponsor, or are they "significant others"?

It's another quagmire in the immigration law "reform".....
Old 06-26-2013, 06:21 PM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

I love you Ronnie and Jimmy, congrats and we will celebrate at dinner on Monday!!!!
Old 06-26-2013, 06:32 PM

If you declare yourself as a Christian just something to ponder. If you do not believe in the bible skip this post.
The Bible doesn't speak of homosexuality very often, but when it does, it condemns it as sin. Let's take a look.

•Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1
•Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"
•1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
•Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

Homosexuality is clearly condemned in the Bible. It undermines the basis of God's created order where God made Adam, a man, and Eve, a woman -- not two men, not two women -- to carry out his command to fill and subdue the earth (Gen. 1:28). Homosexuality cannot carry out that command. It also undermines the basic family unit of husband and wife, the God-ordained means of procreation. It is also dangerous to society. (See, Is homosexuality danngerous?)

Unlike other sins, homosexuality has a heavy judgment administered by God Himself upon those who commit it - and support it. This judgment is simple in that those who practice it are given over to their passions - which means that their hearts are allowed to be hardened by their sins.

"For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error," (Rom. 1:26-27).

As a result, they can no longer see the error of what they are doing. They will not seek forgiveness. They will die in their sins and face God's holy condemnation. But, that isn't all. In addition to the judgment of being given over to their sin, those involved in it also promote it and condemn others who don't approve of their behavior.

"...and, although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them," (Rom. 1:32).

So, in their hearty approval of homosexuality they encourage others to be trapped in their sinfulness. This means they will reject Christ's redemptive work on the cross. Without Jesus, they will have no forgiveness. Without forgiveness, they will have no salvation. Without salvation, there is only damnation in eternal hell. We don't want this for anyone.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I agree. I lived in the SF Bay area for about seven years and met many gay/lesbian people who seemed no different than anyone else. This is an important development in human rights in the U.S. Whom you fall in love with should have no bearing on how you are taxed, inherit property, get Social Securit benefits, death benefits, adoption rights, travel rights, employment opportunities, hospital visitation, etc.
Regarding "Whom you fall in love with should have no bearing":

So does this mean a father should be able to marry his daughter to assure the above financial benefits of marriage to them as a couple, so that the daughter can, for example, draw spousal Social Security benefits from his (i.e. if the spouse has not earned her own benefit, she gets her own SS check amounting to half of the spouse's)?
Old 06-26-2013, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villageshooter View Post
god said adam & eve.. Not adam & steve
amen......................... Someone gets it, thank you..................
Old 06-26-2013, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpirate View Post
if you declare yourself as a christian just something to ponder. If you do not believe in the bible skip this post.
The bible doesn't speak of homosexuality very often, but when it does, it condemns it as sin. Let's take a look.

•lev. 18:22, "you shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1
•lev. 20:13, "if there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"
•1 cor. 6:9-10, "or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of god? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of god."
•rom. 1:26-28, "for this reason god gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 and just as they did not see fit to acknowledge god any longer, god gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

homosexuality is clearly condemned in the bible. It undermines the basis of god's created order where god made adam, a man, and eve, a woman -- not two men, not two women -- to carry out his command to fill and subdue the earth (gen. 1:28). Homosexuality cannot carry out that command. It also undermines the basic family unit of husband and wife, the god-ordained means of procreation. It is also dangerous to society. (see, is homosexuality danngerous?)

unlike other sins, homosexuality has a heavy judgment administered by god himself upon those who commit it - and support it. This judgment is simple in that those who practice it are given over to their passions - which means that their hearts are allowed to be hardened by their sins.

"for this reason god gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error," (rom. 1:26-27).

As a result, they can no longer see the error of what they are doing. They will not seek forgiveness. They will die in their sins and face god's holy condemnation. But, that isn't all. In addition to the judgment of being given over to their sin, those involved in it also promote it and condemn others who don't approve of their behavior.

"...and, although they know the ordinance of god, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them," (rom. 1:32).

So, in their hearty approval of homosexuality they encourage others to be trapped in their sinfulness. This means they will reject christ's redemptive work on the cross. Without jesus, they will have no forgiveness. Without forgiveness, they will have no salvation. Without salvation, there is only damnation in eternal hell. We don't want this for anyone.
thank you for taking the time to post this......................
Old 06-26-2013, 07:07 PM

ilovetv

Soaring Eagle member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac725

Regarding "Whom you fall in love with should have no bearing":

So does this mean a father should be able to marry his daughter to assure the above financial benefits of marriage to them as a couple, so that the daughter can, for example, draw spousal Social Security benefits from his (i.e. if the spouse has not earned her own benefit, she gets her own SS check amounting to half of the spouse's)?

1And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,

2Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, I am the Lord your God.

3After the doings of the land of Egypt, wherein ye dwelt, shall ye not do: and after the doings of the land of Canaan, whither I bring you, shall ye not do: neither shall ye walk in their ordinances.

4Ye shall do my judgments, and keep mine ordinances, to walk therein: I am the Lord your God.

5Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the Lord.

6None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the Lord.

7The nakedness of thy father, or the nakedness of thy mother, shalt thou not uncover: she is thy mother; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.

8The nakedness of thy father's wife shalt thou not uncover: it is thy father's nakedness.

9The nakedness of thy sister, the daughter of thy father, or daughter of thy mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover.

10The nakedness of thy son's daughter, or of thy daughter's daughter, even their nakedness thou shalt not uncover: for theirs is thine own nakedness.

11The nakedness of thy father's wife's daughter, begotten of thy father, she is thy sister, thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.

12Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's sister: she is thy father's near kinswoman.

13Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy mother's sister: for she is thy mother's near kinswoman.

14Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy father's brother, thou shalt not approach to his wife: she is thine aunt.

15Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy daughter in law: she is thy son's wife; thou shalt not uncover her nakedness.

16Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of thy brother's wife: it is thy brother's nakedness.

17Thou shalt not uncover the nakedness of a woman and her daughter, neither shalt thou take her son's daughter, or her daughter's daughter, to uncover her nakedness; for they are her near kinswomen: it is wickedness.

18Neither shalt thou take a wife to her sister, to vex her, to uncover her nakedness, beside the other in her life time.

19Also thou shalt not approach unto a woman to uncover her nakedness, as long as she is put apart for her uncleanness.

20Moreover thou shalt not lie carnally with thy neighbour's wife, to defile thyself with her.

21And thou shalt not let any of thy seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shalt thou profane the name of thy God: I am the Lord
Old 06-26-2013, 07:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Sorry, in my opinion, a marriage is between a man and a woman. Those who want to be together of the same sex should be able to but not under the Unity of marriage. Maybe a civil union? Btw, my nephew just got married in VT this past weekend to his boyfriend. So I live close in my mind to this issue.
I can assure you, Happinow, that no one will challenge or even question your opinion, to which you are entitled (as is everyone else); no one will be arrogant enough to tell you or even imply that your opinion is WRONG; no one will force you or anyone else into a marriage with a partner of the same gender as you. Among the principles my parents raised me with is "live and let live"....

I am not familiar with the expression "the Unity of marriage." Is this phrase simply words of your choosing, or is it a formalized phrase, perhaps based in a religious orientation? I just never heard it before, and if I were to guess at the meaning, I would surmise that it doesn't relate to the focus of this thread. That is, I would just presume that ANY couple who marry do so with a sense of unity (no capital letter on "unity"); the gender(s) of the individuals in ANY couple wouldn't have any bearing on the unity they experience in joyfully entering a marriage. But this is MY opinion!

Congratulations to your nephew and his partner! May they have a long, healthy, peaceful, and joyous life together!!!
Old 06-26-2013, 07:35 PM
Veteran member

My GAY son and his fiancé will marry next spring. They are wonderfully happy and in love and have been together for years. If anyone has a problem with it, they can deal with it in their own heads in their own way. I will never be ashamed to say my son is gay. I am as proud of my gay son as my hetero son and none of that ever mattered to me. I want both of my sons in fulfilling marriages and I am thrilled that they both CAN do that now.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:00 PM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

How wonderful he has found a life partner and spouse. It is so filling to celebrate the joys in our children's lives. Bless them in their marriage and their forever after.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:11 PM
Veteran member
Location: Wilmington Ohio, bought in Hadley Village January 2009, move when we can retire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageshooter View Post
God said Adam & Eve.. not adam & steve
And from Adam and Eve....came Steve,

and Steve was gay.....
Old 06-26-2013, 08:14 PM
Sage

Who's Steve?
Old 06-26-2013, 08:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIPAS K-9 View Post
thank you for taking the time to post this......................
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpirate View Post
If you declare yourself as a Christian just something to ponder. If you do not believe in the bible skip this post.
The Bible doesn't speak of homosexuality very often, but when it does, it condemns it as sin. Let's take a look.

•Lev. 18:22, "You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination."1
•Lev. 20:13, "If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death. Their bloodguiltness is upon them"
•1 Cor. 6:9-10, "Or do you not know that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, 10nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, shall inherit the kingdom of God."
•Rom. 1:26-28, "For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. 28 And just as they did not see fit to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper."

Homosexuality is clearly condemned in the Bible. It undermines the basis of God's created order where God made Adam, a man, and Eve, a woman -- not two men, not two women -- to carry out his command to fill and subdue the earth (Gen. 1:28). Homosexuality cannot carry out that command. It also undermines the basic family unit of husband and wife, the God-ordained means of procreation. It is also dangerous to society. (See, Is homosexuality danngerous?)

Unlike other sins, homosexuality has a heavy judgment administered by God Himself upon those who commit it - and support it. This judgment is simple in that those who practice it are given over to their passions - which means that their hearts are allowed to be hardened by their sins.

"For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, 27 and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error," (Rom. 1:26-27).

As a result, they can no longer see the error of what they are doing. They will not seek forgiveness. They will die in their sins and face God's holy condemnation. But, that isn't all. In addition to the judgment of being given over to their sin, those involved in it also promote it and condemn others who don't approve of their behavior.

"...and, although they know the ordinance of God, that those who practice such things are worthy of death, they not only do the same, but also give hearty approval to those who practice them," (Rom. 1:32).

So, in their hearty approval of homosexuality they encourage others to be trapped in their sinfulness. This means they will reject Christ's redemptive work on the cross. Without Jesus, they will have no forgiveness. Without forgiveness, they will have no salvation. Without salvation, there is only damnation in eternal hell. We don't want this for anyone.

Thanks for your post with which I agree totally since I believe the Holy Bible (KING JAMES VERSION) to be true but we already know many will never listen even though the words are from God and not any man. There has already been a great falling away and more will come before Christ says it is enough and returns to rapture his church.

We're just getting used to the dark, little by little.

Last edited by KeepingItReal; 06-30-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.