Scam of the week

Closed Thread
Old 06-13-2021, 08:52 AM

Thomas English Muffins - Walmart $2.48. Publix Where Shopping is a Pleasure - $4.97. Hey you have to pay for pleasure.
Per a previous poster math is essential. I also have a home in GA. I got a quote from Leafguard. After the senior discount, the veterans discount and the good looking discount (IMO) it only came to $5,800. Such a bargain. I have someone to clean the gutters annually for $100. I guess I should get Leafguard as it would only take me 58 years to break even. I would only be 131. Their marketing is abhorrent to those in the know but effective to others.
Old 06-13-2021, 09:00 AM
Default Old, old ploy

It’s called “merchandising”! Lol
It goes waaaaay back. A common end cap display used to be “3 for $1.00 ketchup bottles” on an end cap and people would be grabbing for them. Meanwhile, the exact same bottle was $.29 each down on the isle. Pay attention and use your phone calculator and you’ll be fine!
Old 06-13-2021, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy! View Post
Prefer Publix, like where and how their food is handled. One problem is associates chatting through ear buds in their foreign language while supposedly attending customers. You want to live here, learn the language, spout your former country at home. When in Rome do as the Romans do, my parents taught and enforced that rule🇺🇸💕

Press '1' to continue in English...
Old 06-13-2021, 09:11 AM

If you like pinnacle vodka ( all flavors ) winn dixie has a sale twice a year. The net cost , including the add'l 10% on a purchase of 4 , of about $ 10 for a 1.75 liter bottle.
Old 06-13-2021, 09:18 AM
Soaring Eagle member

LOL, I buy only if I need it weather it’s on sale not or I’m going to drink or eat it soon. This booze sounds cheap & I don’t mean cheap as in price , I mean cheap in as in as manufacturer made it for $1. a bottle. I’ll pay a little more for the good stuff not to get ripped off, but then again maybe it was a great deal.
Old 06-13-2021, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
So if I understand this you were paying an on sale price of $14/bottle. Then the buy two, third one free sale was priced at $16/bottle. So you pay $32 for three bottles which works out to less than $11/bottle.
It's only math
Old 06-13-2021, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Prefer Publix, like where and how their food is handled. One problem is associates chatting through ear buds in their foreign language while supposedly attending customers. You want to live here, learn the language, spout your former country at home. When in Rome do as the Romans do, my parents taught and enforced that rule🇺🇸💕
Maybe goose step over to Winn-Dixie then
Old 06-13-2021, 09:47 AM

Quote:
When I was in Rome they spoke to me in English. They spoke to each other in Italian.
Old 06-13-2021, 09:55 AM

I was a scan price coordinator at Publix for several years. Price changes are not done at individual stores, not even the clearance prices, they come from corporate offices and are by region. Same price at Lakeland, Orlando, Ocala, etc Publix, so no "senior town pricing". Yes, they do up the price of everything on sale the week prior to the sale, then the ad reads "save X amount". Read their ads carefully, most items in their ads are not actually on sale, just featured items. By the way, Winn Dixie does the same thing. I do not shop either store, both have high prices, as does Walmart. You should make a list of your regular purchases, then take that list around to all the local grocery stores and you'll be surprised at the difference in pricing. We saved over $20.00 a week. I now shop only 1 store regularly and occasionally buy a sale item at another. It will take about 2 or 3 hours of your time initially to price compare, then you save money every week, well worth your time. I also compare the stores weekly ads, that takes about 15 minutes, time well spent to save over $1,000 a year.
Old 06-13-2021, 10:28 AM

Hard to calculate with that much booze hahahaha
Old 06-13-2021, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
So if I understand this you were paying an on sale price of $14/bottle. Then the buy two, third one free sale was priced at $16/bottle. So you pay $32 for three bottles which works out to less than $11/bottle.
Poster said price was raised to 24.00 per bottle 2@24=48.00, 3rd free so divided by 3 still cost him 16.00 per bottle, not 11.00
Old 06-13-2021, 11:08 AM

It is all marketing and marketing is not some evil ploy to bait you into a bad decision, it is a system or ideal meant to make the buying decision easier for you.

This has been going on since Biblical times.

In school 40+ years ago, I remember them taking a survey of a few thousand people.
There is a product that you want and it is offered three ways to buy it, which would you prefer?
A- The cost is two for $1.00
B- The cost is $0.50 each
C- Buy one for $1.00 and get one FREE.

The response was overwhelmingly C. Now if that is entrapment or a scheme then so be it.

Conversely, if you don’t do the math when you buy something then that fault is on you not the seller. If you miss the sale, that is your fault not theirs.

Now for the biggest secret that those evil marketing people don’t want you to know. ARE YOU READY?

“The buyer will buy when THEIR perceived VALUE meets or exceeds the price!”

The definition of a good deal? When both parties agree on the sale and purchase! Period!
Old 06-13-2021, 01:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,933 Times in 2,456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by richs631 View Post
If anyone actually compared prices at Publix with any competitors they would never shop at Publix again. They are so overpriced. And not a little overpriced. They are a lot overpriced. I only go there for the bakery but that’s it.

We only go there cause it’s real close. Sometimes convenient’ s has price $ high price $$$.
Old 06-13-2021, 01:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Like everyone else I like a good deal
This week went into the Publics liquor store
My neighbor told me Pinnacle Vodka was on sale Wild Cherry $14 and some change Been paying $16 and some change
Hey save $4 on two bottles. Not Bad
I entered the store and immediately
Saw a display that Pinnacle Vodka was on sale buy 2 get 3rd free
$16 and some change the $14 was last weeks sale
I asked the attendant If flavored was part of the the buy 2 get 3rd free ..Replied yes their around the corner Boy was I surprised good old Publics was up to there old tricks
raise the price and scam you into thinking your getting a bargain
Price for flavored went from $16 to $24 when you look at many of the weekly sales your getting scammed. Same with Winn Dixie boneless skinless chicken breasted by one get one free save $7 a pound any where else $2 a lb
Bargain aren't bargains in senior Town
Where do you get boneless skinless chicken breast for $2/lb?
Old 06-13-2021, 01:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,933 Times in 2,456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
It is all marketing and marketing is not some evil ploy to bait you into a bad decision, it is a system or ideal meant to make the buying decision easier for you.

This has been going on since Biblical times.

In school 40+ years ago, I remember them taking a survey of a few thousand people.
There is a product that you want and it is offered three ways to buy it, which would you prefer?
A- The cost is two for $1.00
B- The cost is $0.50 each
C- Buy one for $1.00 and get one FREE.

The response was overwhelmingly C. Now if that is entrapment or a scheme then so be it.

Conversely, if you don’t do the math when you buy something then that fault is on you not the seller. If you miss the sale, that is your fault not theirs.

Now for the biggest secret that those evil marketing people don’t want you to know. ARE YOU READY?

“The buyer will buy when THEIR perceived VALUE meets or exceeds the price!”

The definition of a good deal? When both parties agree on the sale and purchase! Period!
But, when the narrow window sale over they are still twice as much. And when sale on usually very short supply or it’s about to be outdated. So, bottom line most get snooker in.
Closed Thread

Tags
$16, change, free, sale, flavored

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.