Second coronavirus wave unlikely in Denmark: top expert

Closed Thread
Old 05-16-2020, 12:28 PM
Default Speaking of Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
Coronavirus 1: Hey look! Denmark opened their schools and restaurants, lets go!

Cornavirus 2: Nah, waste of time, these people have different mindsets. Lets hop a plane to Florida and infect them when they open.
I thought this article:

Coronavirus: Inside a reopened primary school in the time of Covid-19 - BBC News

gives a lot of insight into how Denmark is accomplishing reopening schools. I tried to imagine the behavior of these children compared to a classroom in a 'typical' public-school classroom in the US. I obviously don't have enough background or experience to have an informed opinion of how different it would be - maybe there is someone here who does and will share their opinion on how well the Danish approach would translate if we tried to use it.
Old 05-16-2020, 12:33 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Actually it must be correct because it is what the poster wants to believe....always find an "expert" that suits your agenda right?
That works for both sided, so what is your point? Using your logic we can't trust anything on the internet.
Old 05-16-2020, 12:54 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

I've been married to a German for 52 years, spent 9 1/2 years in Germany. I did 2 years in South Korea where I interacted with Koreans on almost a daily basis. There are some differences in social customs but as far as what the average German or Korean want and desire is the same as an American. A good job, nice home, good health and the desire to live out their lives in peace. There are conservatives and liberals, criminals and upstanding citizens. There isn't enough difference to matter except to the hate America first types who will always find ways to demonize the US.
Old 05-16-2020, 12:55 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fromct View Post
I thought this article:

Coronavirus: Inside a reopened primary school in the time of Covid-19 - BBC News

gives a lot of insight into how Denmark is accomplishing reopening schools. I tried to imagine the behavior of these children compared to a classroom in a 'typical' public-school classroom in the US. I obviously don't have enough background or experience to have an informed opinion of how different it would be - maybe there is someone here who does and will share their opinion on how well the Danish approach would translate if we tried to use it.
Very good! Some actual information in the article.

he says that the idea of perfect social distancing with small children is not realistic.

Yep, Danish children are just like kids everywhere.

"There is pretty much hourly washing going on,"

American kids can wash their hands with the best of them.

These micro-groups of pupils arrive at a separate time, eat their lunch separately, stay in their own zones in the playground and are taught by one teacher.

Pretty sure we can do this too.

There are about a dozen pupils in these groups. Social distancing means that's about the maximum number who can go into one room, which requires dividing classes and teaching staff

We might need to bring in more substitute teachers, draft some administration people who usually sit on their butts all day.

"We've had enough classrooms to do that - if school opening went ahead where all students were back, it would be a real struggle," says the head.

We can use other rooms in the schools, or maybe have morning and afternoon shifts

I don't see anything impossible here, just some adaptations.
Closed Thread

Tags
rate, denmark, reproduction, spread, wave

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.