Second Shot. So far so good

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2021, 08:18 AM

I also had my 2nd shot on Monday at noon. Was good for a couple of hours and then it hit. Felt like a truck ran over me. Temperature that night reached 101! (normal for me is 96.6 or so). Sweats over night. Next morning still felt achy and low grade temperature all day. Last night, chills. This morning feeling MUCH better. Still a slight temperature but coming down. Everyone is different but from what I am reading, it means the immune system is kicking in. A good thing !!! Just another perspective.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
After my second Moderna shot, it was 16 hours when I became feverish with nearly 103 accompanied by the usual body aches and malaise that I have any time I run a fever. By that night, my temp broke and by the next morning I was feeling perfectly fine and good to go.
An article for you rabid shot (not a vaccine) supporters ... and for those still on the fence that have been told that this is safe, effective and approved by the FDA. Let's understand "approved".

Employers can't require Covid-19 vaccination under an EUA - STAT

From the article:
Given the uncertainty about the two vaccines, their EUAs are explicit that each is “an investigational vaccine not licensed for any indication” and require that all “promotional material relating to the Covid-19 Vaccine clearly and conspicuously … state that this product has not been approved or licensed by the FDA, but has been authorized for emergency use by FDA” (emphasis added).
Old 02-24-2021, 08:43 AM

After the first Moderna vaccination shot, the shot injection area was swollen and there was some pain starting one day after the vaccination shot, and lasted for three days. This was much more swelling and pain compared to any shot I’ve had in my lifetime.

After the second vaccination shot, I massaged the same left arm where I had the vaccination, and I had much less swelling and pain starting one day after the second vaccination shot. The swelling and reduced pain lasted for only only day. There were. no other bad side effects for me. However, I heard a story about a doctor in the Miami area that was dead 16 days after the COVID-19 vaccination shot, from swelling in his brain. There’s risk of bad reactions, but the risk seems to be very low.

I’d like to hear some real life stories if the vaccinated people are still getting COVID-19, or if the vaccinations actually are effective.

At this point in time almost 50% of the seniors 65 and over have had at least one vaccination shot in Florida. About 12.5% of Florida’s population has had at least one vaccination shot. At the rate the vaccinations are going, it looks like all the seniors will be vaccinated in about 8 more weeks. It will take till 2022 to complete the vaccinations for everyone in Florida, unless the vaccination rate is significantly increased. The next group are teachers and law enforcement 50 and older. Hopefully, there will be another group of near seniors, just under age 65 soon, for the vaccinations.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:53 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I got my second Moderna Covid-19 vaccine shot yesterday at 3:45. I was wondering if I might wake up today not feeling so good or with a headache or fever. So far I feel fine. I don't know if some of these adverse reactions come later but so far nothing.

I've heard that the reaction is because the vaccine is actually working. Now I'm wondering that since I'm having any reaction, is the vaccine not working?

By the way, I found out yesterday that it takes two weeks for the vaccine to become effective. So once you get your second shot, it's two weeks before your safe.
Good for you! It’s really only a very small percentage that gets side effects beyond soreness at the injection site.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:57 AM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

Had a sore arm and itching at site of injection for about 5 days after second shot. Took benadryl and used calamine lotion for itch and all was fine.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
I got my second Moderna Covid-19 vaccine shot yesterday at 3:45. I was wondering if I might wake up today not feeling so good or with a headache or fever. So far I feel fine. I don't know if some of these adverse reactions come later but so far nothing.

I've heard that the reaction is because the vaccine is actually working. Now I'm wondering that since I'm having any reaction, is the vaccine not working?

By the way, I found out yesterday that it takes two weeks for the vaccine to become effective. So once you get your second shot, it's two weeks before your safe.
Seems like the reactions are all over the place for different people. Me:

First Moderna shot: Sore arm for two days, no other reaction.

Second Moderna shot: Sore arm for four days, second day very tired and slept 11 1/2 hours.

All-in-all, not a bad experience.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:21 AM
Veteran member

I had my 2nd shot and I got some headaches for 2 days after the shot. Wasn't bad tho.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

It's been 39 hours as my only reaction has been that I felt very tired yesterday. That could have been because I decided to take it easy and do nothing yesterday so I sat in front of the television and dozed off several times.

So far I feel fine.

I'm wondering if all of this concern about side effects is because we only hear from the people that have them.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:08 AM

If it helps I heard from a good source that if you do not have side effects, it is still working! Younger people are more apt to have the side effects because their immune system is more robust.
Old 02-24-2021, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
After my second Moderna shot, it was 16 hours when I became feverish with nearly 103 accompanied by the usual body aches and malaise that I have any time I run a fever. By that night, my temp broke and by the next morning I was feeling perfectly fine and good to go.
My daughter got Rona and that was the exact same thing that happened to her. One night, over and done with. My son had both shots because he had to for work (in the hospital all the time). First shot nothing, second shot sick for 2 days.

Last edited by laboutj; 02-24-2021 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Added content
Old 02-24-2021, 01:02 PM

It’s interesting to see the range of side effects that people report. I had no side effects that were troublesome in any way. 38 hours after the second shot I developed a red circle about 4” in diameter just below the injection point. I had mild soreness at the injection site, but nothing unusual. The redness persisted for 48 hours, and then completely faded away. At 40 hours post shot, I began to feel tired and lethargic. That lasted a day. None of the effects were troublesome, and faded after a day or so. I have no fever that I noticed.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpyo View Post
I read that they initially said that 2-3 weeks after you get your first shot you were approximately 65% protected. Now they’ve raised that to approximately 85%. 2-3 weeks after the second shot it goes up to 95%.
The day after my first shot I nodded off a few times while watching TV so I guess that fatigue thing hit me.
JT&J vaccine has a 66% efficacy after one shot. The mRNA vaccines are just as good as J&J, if not better, after their first shot. I wonder what the efficacy could be if J&J offered a booster shot.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesToneDan View Post
I also had my 2nd shot on Monday at noon. Was good for a couple of hours and then it hit. Felt like a truck ran over me. Temperature that night reached 101! (normal for me is 96.6 or so). Sweats over night. Next morning still felt achy and low grade temperature all day. Last night, chills. This morning feeling MUCH better. Still a slight temperature but coming down. Everyone is different but from what I am reading, it means the immune system is kicking in. A good thing !!! Just another perspective.
From what I'm hearing and reading about the side effects is that younger people have more side effects than the older folks. That is because younger people have stronger immune systems. If you are an older person and have a "kick ass" side effect from the vaccine, celebrate that you have the immune system of a younger person.
Old 02-24-2021, 03:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneclickplus View Post
An article for you rabid shot (not a vaccine) supporters ... and for those still on the fence that have been told that this is safe, effective and approved by the FDA. Let's understand "approved".

Employers can't require Covid-19 vaccination under an EUA - STAT

From the article:
Given the uncertainty about the two vaccines, their EUAs are explicit that each is “an investigational vaccine not licensed for any indication” and require that all “promotional material relating to the Covid-19 Vaccine clearly and conspicuously … state that this product has not been approved or licensed by the FDA, but has been authorized for emergency use by FDA” (emphasis added).
Very aware of that and I would imagine most everyone who has received these vaccines that they are approved for emergency use. FDA approval will come at a later date. We get that but thanks for the reminder.

BTW......is most certainly is a vaccine and every time you say it isn't, I chuckle.
Old 02-24-2021, 04:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:

Now they are saying that you are 75-80% safe after the first shot. New info keeps coming out all the time.

Tags
vaccine, shot, weeks, reaction, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.