Shops at Wiregrass vs Tampa Premium Outlets

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2018, 01:48 PM
Platinum member
Default Shops at Wiregrass vs Tampa Premium Outlets

Does anyone know if the Shops at Wiregrass and Tampa Premium Outlets are one and the same? They have different addresses but they’re both listed in Wesley Chapel off of 275. I would think two mega shopping centers in a small town a bit unusual. If not the same, is one a better shopping experience? Costco is also in that area.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:56 PM
Sage

Definitely different, but really not so "small town" They're on the northern edge of Greater Tampa Bay. Plenty of development to keep both in business.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The Shops at Wiregrass ::: Wesley Chapel ::: FL

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/outlet/tampa

The two locations are 3.3 miles apart. Wiregrass is like a mall but it's outdoors, it's anchored by a Macys and Dillards.

Google Maps
Old 03-24-2018, 02:40 PM
Platinum member

Visited Tampa Premium Outlets and Costco on a warm and pleasant Saturday morning. It was exactly an hour and fifteen minute trip from TV. Moderate traffic in both directions. The complex is only 3 years old and is nicely landscaped. Everyone was very friendly.

The Costco store is quite large and well laid out. Had a nice pub lunch at BJ’s Brewpub. After lunch we decided to call it a day. We’ll have to make another trip next year to see the Shops at Wiregrass.
Old 03-24-2018, 10:20 PM
Veteran member

We were down by Tampa the other day and stopped in to check out the Premium Outlets. My wife seemed to enjoy the place while I stayed in the car and listened to an audio book. We noticed there was a Costco near there and went and got gas and ended up spending the obligatory hundred bucks in the store (can you even get out of a Costco without dropping a hundred bucks?). We didn't even notice the Shops at Wiregrass but will probably check it out next time.

Maybe it was the time of day but getting out of Costco and onto I-75 was pretty nasty with MUCH backed-up traffic. Once on I-75, it was smooth sailing back to The Villages. We've been going to the Costco over in Altamonte Springs but this felt like a much faster trip back and will probably start going to this Costco in the future. At least, until Costco builds one in The Villages (which I know they may never do)!
Old 03-25-2018, 04:42 AM
Platinum member

I lived in New Tampa (just down the road) from this area.

The Shops at Wiregrass was built a few years ago and is
an outdoor mall. The main anchors are Dillards, Macys,
and J. C. Penneys. They have Barnes & Noble, Williams Sonoma,
Etc. Also have a few restaurants one of which is Red Robin.

There is a large Publix shopping center just across the street
which has a Bonefish.

The Outlets just opened in 2015 and they keep adding stores.
All the usual ones plus Costco.
They have also opened quite a few restaurants such as Longhorn,
Cheddars, etc.

This area is Wesley Chapel.
It is only an hour from here straight down I-75.
Get off at the S.R. 56 exit, make a right off the exit for the outlets, and a left for Wiregrass.
The traffic is very heavy on State Rd. 56 but it is a nice shopping trip.

The build up and traffic was the main reason we now live here.

Last edited by patfla06; 03-25-2018 at 04:56 AM.
Old 03-25-2018, 06:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
We were down by Tampa the other day and stopped in to check out the Premium Outlets. My wife seemed to enjoy the place while I stayed in the car and listened to an audio book. We noticed there was a Costco near there and went and got gas and ended up spending the obligatory hundred bucks in the store (can you even get out of a Costco without dropping a hundred bucks?). We didn't even notice the Shops at Wiregrass but will probably check it out next time.

Maybe it was the time of day but getting out of Costco and onto I-75 was pretty nasty with MUCH backed-up traffic. Once on I-75, it was smooth sailing back to The Villages. We've been going to the Costco over in Altamonte Springs but this felt like a much faster trip back and will probably start going to this Costco in the future. At least, until Costco builds one in The Villages (which I know they may never do)!
My sentiments...exactly!

Ironically enough, even when I go into a Costco to look ONLY for any new audio books (great prices on new releases), it seems I can't get out of one...without spending about $100.

I swear they have perfected...some kind of store-wide mind control.
Closed Thread

Tags
shopping, shops, wiregrass, tampa, outlets

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.