Sigh, highest in the nation

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2023, 07:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
Hyundai, Kia Provide Anti-Theft Software Update | NHTSA. Everyone took a hit on car insurance your agent is just using talking points not everyone owns a Hyundia.
Ya think?
Old 12-02-2023, 08:32 AM

I’ll pay more in insurance the next 4 years then what I paid for the car a few years go.
Old 12-02-2023, 08:33 AM
Veteran member

Sadly it is almost impossible to address the OP post without going into the world of politics....because thats where it lies. Texas and Louisiana both have hurricanes, ambulance chasing lawyers, and bad drivers yet their insurance is somehow managable. Thankfully Dear Leader has protected us from the dreaded drag show...so all is good right???
Old 12-02-2023, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
Change in average automotive insurance rates Nationwide by state.
If the state would mandate a driving test for those over 80 every year and would repossess cars if you did not have a license we could get these rates down very quickly. But the elderly vote still so politicians won't touch this and how would are Developer and others get these houses built so quickly without the illegals. Follow the money it is not going to go down anytime soon. On the good side we do not pay state income taxes so it's a wash the way I look at it.
Old 12-02-2023, 08:46 AM

Sounds like you have two choices
Old 12-02-2023, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
Sadly it is almost impossible to address the OP post without going into the world of politics....because thats where it lies. Texas and Louisiana both have hurricanes, ambulance chasing lawyers, and bad drivers yet their insurance is somehow managable. Thankfully Dear Leader has protected us from the dreaded drag show...so all is good right???
Apparently some of us are not complaining
There are 49 other states approximately half of them may be more suited to some
Old 12-02-2023, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Nope. Don't have to go anywhere the dreaded "P" word is brought into play.

Simple answer:

Florida is CROWDED. Texas and Louisiana aren't. Texas has 29,527,941 people living there. Florida has 21,781,128, and Louisiana 4,624,047.

Florida is SMALL
Old 12-02-2023, 10:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,940 Times in 2,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
There is that, and much more. How about the likes of Dan Newlin and Morgan & Morgan, the large number of both very old drivers and tourists in rentals with screaming kids, dangerous cars on the road (no annual safety inspections), and partying vacationers such as spring breakers. It’s the perfect storm for insurers. We pay significantly less to insure 2 newer vehicles up north than our one late model Village’s garaged car, which we drive less miles per year than our golf carts.
Not the rust belt down here where 5 year old vehicles are rusty PO* due to owners lack of maintenance. More fraud in state inspections than Medicare care supplements. I was in state that required NEW vehicle state inspection, what waste of time and money for someone to slap sticker on. Now I could see 5 year old or more safety inspection cause most people don’t know what or where dipstick is Let along how to check air in tire.
Old 12-02-2023, 10:20 AM
Sage

Quote:

Well I think I’ll move to Texas just for auto insurance.
Old 12-02-2023, 10:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryCamlin View Post
If the state would mandate a driving test for those over 80 every year and would repossess cars if you did not have a license we could get these rates down very quickly. But the elderly vote still so politicians won't touch this and how would are Developer and others get these houses built so quickly without the illegals. Follow the money it is not going to go down anytime soon. On the good side we do not pay state income taxes so it's a wash the way I look at it.
Funny how everybody in their 60s or younger want mandatory drivers test for anybody older than them. Until they reach that age
Old 12-02-2023, 10:24 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapbas View Post
I’ll pay more in insurance the next 4 years then what I paid for the car a few years go.

Didn’t the stop selling Yugo’s?
Old 12-02-2023, 10:34 AM

Florida a long time ago decided to do away with inexpensive required annual auto safety inspections. Drivers who are too cheap to buy insurance are also too cheap to get their brakes fixed or bald tires replaced. I have been rear ended by these drivers on occasion.
Old 12-03-2023, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Another political post that’s been permitted to stay up, not removed, comments still open. Is there a pattern here? 🤔
Old 12-03-2023, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Funny how everybody in their 60s or younger want mandatory drivers test for anybody older than them. Until they reach that age
I’m 66 and I volunteer. We NEED to get bad drivers off the roads…regardless of age! I’ve driven well over 4,000,000 miles through all lower 48 in the course of my life and have seen the results of poor drivers. It doesn’t end well.
Old 12-03-2023, 08:59 AM
Default Electric Golf Car = Energy Tax Deduction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
There is that, and much more. How about the likes of Dan Newlin and Morgan & Morgan, the large number of both very old drivers and tourists in rentals with screaming kids, dangerous cars on the road (no annual safety inspections), and partying vacationers such as spring breakers. It’s the perfect storm for insurers. We pay significantly less to insure 2 newer vehicles up north than our one late model Village’s garaged car, which we drive less miles per year than our golf carts.
Not to change the subject, but I wonder if an electric golf car, when it is one’s primary means of transportation, can qualify for an energy tax deduction? If my new solar tubes do, why not my electric golf car?
Closed Thread

Tags
sigh, highest, nation, change, average

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.