Sigh, highest in the nation

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2023, 11:12 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,324 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
I am sure the next special session of our legislature will take care of this problem
If you controlled the legislature for one day and could make any changes that you wanted, what would you do to take care of the problem? Maybe we can get some ideas that would help.
Old 12-03-2023, 11:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,942 Times in 2,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by defrey12 View Post
I’m 66 and I volunteer. We NEED to get bad drivers off the roads…regardless of age! I’ve driven well over 4,000,000 miles through all lower 48 in the course of my life and have seen the results of poor drivers. It doesn’t end well.
So you’re saying all those poor drivers was old people. I did that outrageous.
Old 12-03-2023, 11:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
If you controlled the legislature for one day and could make any changes that you wanted, what would you do to take care of the problem? Maybe we can get some ideas that would help.
Term limits.
Old 12-03-2023, 11:19 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyLee View Post
Apparently some of us are not complaining
There are 49 other states approximately half of them may be more suited to some

When I lived in New Mexico over half population didn’t have vehicle insurance. And that was in 90s.
Old 12-03-2023, 12:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitnhead View Post
Another political post that’s been permitted to stay up, not removed, comments still open. Is there a pattern here? 🤔
Did you report the post? If not, your complaint is baseless. If you did, and they did nothing, I agree with you...

-Tom Petty
Old 12-03-2023, 12:18 PM
Default Something is not right here

Yes Fl drivers seem to drive fast. However California has many uninsured motorists, high speed drivers, damage to cars from fires and mudslides. I would also guess CA drivers drive many more miles.
Old 12-03-2023, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitnhead View Post
Another political post that’s been permitted to stay up, not removed, comments still open. Is there a pattern here? 🤔
It's only political because some choose to make it that way. It is true, states have insurance commissions that manage insurance companies that do business in their state, but other than push back when a company wants to up rates, not sure what they can do.

It does appear that Florida is quite litigious. There have been attempts to curb that, but there is only so much that can be done.

Hurricanes/floods cause cars to be damaged/totaled. I would be in favor of a surcharge on those that live within XX miles of the shore areas, so they share more of that burden vs those of us to chose to live inland.

Uninsured motorist is a problem. The ability to avoid being insured and still drive is something that could be addressed better. Seems every time someone goes through a toll booth/scanner one of the things that could be checked at that point is if their insurance is current, car is registered, etc. Such devices could be set up randomly at other than tollway locations to catch those that don't use tollways.

I would be in favor of inspections for safety issues - brakes and tires being the primary items.

All non-political things.
Old 12-03-2023, 06:31 PM
Platinum member
Default A condo in Daytona Beach Shores hit with a 563% rate increase on property insurance!

'We do not have insurance. We have an insurance bill': Condos hit with 563% rate increase
Old 12-03-2023, 07:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
Change in average automotive insurance rates Nationwide by state.
If I were the Governor of the state with the highest increase in auto insurance, I would be spending a large part of my time in my state working on that problem versus traveling around to other states like some modern Don Quixote tilting at the windmills of national polls.........and losing big time.
Old 12-03-2023, 09:10 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I would be spending a large part of my time in my state working on that problem
“Working on that problem” is vague. What would you have him or the legislature do?

I used to have a boss who would always send me a memo to “take appropriate action.”
Closed Thread

Tags
sigh, highest, nation, change, average

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.