So what do you think - Is the spread of Ebola a form of terrorist attacks?

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2014, 06:27 PM
Veteran member
Default So what do you think - Is the spread of Ebola a form of terrorist attacks?

Is the spread of Ebola a form of terrorist attacks, a new twist on fighting America. Wouldnt surprise me any thing is possible today. Crazy? maybe
Old 10-13-2014, 06:58 PM
Veteran member

We were just talking about that tonight. It can't be ruled out.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:19 PM

I think it's spreading due to globalization. In the future it could well be spread intentionally as a tool of terrorism. It might be more difficult to recruit biological bombers than to recruit suicide bombers usng explosives. Much less painful to die instantaneously than to die slowly from Ebola.
Old 10-13-2014, 07:25 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

The horror of a deadly virus being brought to America from overseas reminded me to wish you a happy Columbus Day!
Old 10-13-2014, 07:26 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Think we'd be hit a lot harder and faster than we are if a terrorist plot. Sometimes things really are just horses, not zebras.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-13-2014, 07:33 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Think we'd be hit a lot harder and faster than we are if a terrorist plot. Sometimes things really are just horses, not zebras.
You are refreshingly sensible Dee.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:13 AM
Sage

Big difference in being concerned about an Ebola outbreak here or in Central or South America and thinking it is a terrorist plot. Denying one does not preclude the other. We do have the means to prevent Ebola from reaching epidemic proportions in the US. Africa does not. Nor do many regions south of us. So, yes, there is a risk. But I'll stand by my opinion that the cases we've had are not part of any terrorist plot.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 10-14-2014, 06:14 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDoug View Post
Is the spread of Ebola a form of terrorist attacks, a new twist on fighting America. Wouldnt surprise me any thing is possible today. Crazy? maybe
Yes to the crazy...no to the terrorist attack.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Big difference in being concerned about an Ebola outbreak here or in Central or South America and thinking it is a terrorist plot. Denying one does not preclude the other. We do have the means to prevent Ebola from reaching epidemic proportions in the US. Africa does not. Nor do many regions south of us. So, yes, there is a risk. But I'll stand by my opinion that the cases we've had are not part of any terrorist plot.
As I said in my post...I do NOT think a "plot" exists, however I note a very very flippant attitude about this horrible disease and hearing that you think we have the means to control it is great, but based on what ?

I pray you are right in your confidence.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
I can't think how, Red.

I don't think it is a terrorist attack, but it is causing much justified fear and no matter what heat I took, If I were king, I would be putting barriers up RIGHT NOW.
Old 10-14-2014, 06:46 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eweissenbach View Post
The horror of a deadly virus being brought to America from overseas reminded me to wish you a happy Columbus Day!

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Old 10-14-2014, 07:20 AM
Sage

Ebola is transmitted via body fluids. It is not an airborne disease. Yes, there will be cases of Ebola here but not the outbreaks Africa has seen. There will be isolated instances. Yes, we should be careful but I refuse to be paranoid about this disease.

How many people do you think Mr. Duncan was in contact with before dying of Ebola in Texas? People on the plane, in the airport, in stores, the people he stayed with, the people in the ER on his first visit and then again on his second visit, the hospital workers who cared for him. So far, one person contracted Ebola from him -- a nurse who probably didn't follow all safety procedures when removing her Hazmet suit.

I delivered food to AIDS patients for many years. I even took my daughter with me. I made sure we used proper hygiene but I did not fret that we would get it. Ebola has a higher risk since it does not have to enter the bloodstream to be transmitted but I, personally, refuse to fret about it.

Now, talk to me about a possible terrorist attack on our water supplies and I'll agree that the risks are high. Talk to me about ISIL Americans returning to our shores with the intent to harm us and I'll totally agree that that scares. Talk to me about all the rights we've willingly given away for safety and you may need duct tape to shut me up. But I truly cannot imagine an Ebola epidemic in the United States (unless Rags is right that people will come here in droves if there is an outbreak south of us, which I do agree is a possibility).

Old 10-14-2014, 07:24 AM
Default Yes let us blame the nurse

that will probably die! She is getting a bad rap! The hospital was not equipped to handle this!
Old 10-14-2014, 07:34 AM

Droplets from sneezing,and coughing do fly through the air at tremendous velocity ( data states 3,000 microns at 39 miles per hour to 100 mph landing up to 30 feet ) on surfaces nearby . How long these droplets stay active depends on what they are composed of. Hepetitis last 16 hours on a solid surface sometimes up to 4 days! All the above data can be researched on Google or CDC site.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:43 AM
Platinum member

Terrorism? No, I think if it was we would already be seeing more cases. I think we give terrorists way too much credit with questioning if everything is an attack.

Y'know that part of your brain that tells you "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!" I think I'm missing it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.