Some Answers To Why Police Shootings Are The Way They Are

Closed Thread
Old 11-01-2020, 03:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amexsbow View Post
As far as the above suggestion let us be practical. A police officer carries, a gun&holster/ extra clips of ammo&holster, handcuffs&holster, radio&holster, and in addition you want him to carry a taser&holster and pepperspray&holster.

Do people really believe any person is capable of carrying all of this equipment on his person and being able to function? In addition at night he has to carry a flashlight.

In addition to being required to carry a specific amount of equipment the law enforcement agencies today have been inundated with lawsuits to be "inclusive" as a result physical standards have been reduced to a point of ridiculousness. You now have officers who are not physically able to restrain an average criminal. Add to this the lack of personnel and the rise of "one-person" cars responding to calls has shown an increase in officer injuries and officer shootings.

Speaking from experience as a retired L.E.O. commander I can attest to the fact that physically incapable officers who get into dangerous situations are more likely to use their weapon or have their weapon taken away from them and injured or killed with their own weapon.

Just as in sports, it is always easier to play the game from the sidelines and second guess the actions by others after the fact.
I agree with most of what you are saying. I would add that it all comes back to Police budgets, which have been lowered through the years because of Federal and state taxes that have become more flat tax. Which are voted on by the upper 10% for the improvement of the upper 10%, not to improve the Police or America in general.
Old 11-01-2020, 03:20 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
They were lucky that they were technologically superior. BUT, they did NOT have to take advantage of it. They could have been REAL Christians and NOT taken advantage of their fellow human beings. They could have co-existed and held out a hand to help them up. Survival of the fittest may work best for humans when they form co-operative groups. And to this very day, that can be seen.
America fought a civil war to end slavery. Had they remained in Africa they would have remained illiterate slaves. Then the welfare state came and encouraged the breakup of black families which kept them in another, worse, form of slavery to this very day.
Old 11-01-2020, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,421 Times in 2,268 Posts

Quote:
True, but where are your solutions?
Solutions to what? Why police shoot people that resist arrest and aim/brandish a weapon at them? Several solutions and in my opinion it's all on the people resisting and threatening law enforcement. Stop committing crimes. Quit resisting arrest. Stop posing a threat to officers. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Quit believing the media when they tell you it's all the problem of police policies. Raise kids to be good citizens instead of gang bangers. Actions have consequences.

Or the problem of keeping guns out of the hands of criminals? That lies in the lap of the criminal justice system. Impose meaningful punishments for offenders. Most of these criminals in possession of a firearm are repeat offenders..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 11-01-2020, 03:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRicaS View Post
But if there are 4+ officers and the one with the mental issues has only a knife? Come on, NO EXCUSE for a shooting death...shoot in knee, use a taser, swing a billy club...whatever...and for God’s sake, have social workers in police departments...
There are none so blind as those who will not see

Last edited by jimbomaybe; 11-01-2020 at 03:53 PM. Reason: oops
Old 11-01-2020, 04:16 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
True, but where are your solutions?
There is no solution. People become criminals through their own free will. Nobody forces them to commit criminal acts.
Old 11-01-2020, 04:41 PM

You may judge a LEO only AFTER you have done the job. Before that, you have absolutely no idea what you are babbling about. A crime is a crime when there are facts to support that. Your opinion is like you know what.
Old 11-01-2020, 05:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
America fought a civil war to end slavery. Had they remained in Africa they would have remained illiterate slaves. Then the welfare state came and encouraged the breakup of black families which kept them in another, worse, form of slavery to this very day.
I agree with the last sentence from the point of, "encouraged the breakup of Black families". Sometimes a well-intentioned program is beset with UNINTENDED consequences. Government and outside experts have tried to fine-tune those consequences away. I am not sure HOW successful they really were?
Old 11-01-2020, 05:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
Solutions to what? Why police shoot people that resist arrest and aim/brandish a weapon at them? Several solutions and in my opinion it's all on the people resisting and threatening law enforcement. Stop committing crimes. Quit resisting arrest. Stop posing a threat to officers. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Quit believing the media when they tell you it's all the problem of police policies. Raise kids to be good citizens instead of gang bangers. Actions have consequences.

Or the problem of keeping guns out of the hands of criminals? That lies in the lap of the criminal justice system. Impose meaningful punishments for offenders. Most of these criminals in possession of a firearm are repeat offenders..
What about increasing the Police budgets? - more training - more weeding out of bad apples - Europe can do it - In Europe, a Policeperson is mentored for 3 years with constant evaluations and remains in a team (never alone). Then, they decide whether to make them permanent or not. Constant psychological evaluations. Much more rigorous than in the US., especially small cities.
Old 11-01-2020, 05:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
There is no solution. People become criminals through their own free will. Nobody forces them to commit criminal acts.
There are ALWAYS solutions. read what I said about Europe, please.
Old 11-01-2020, 05:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get real View Post
You may judge a LEO only AFTER you have done the job. Before that, you have absolutely no idea what you are babbling about. A crime is a crime when there are facts to support that. Your opinion is like you know what.
I value my opinion!
Old 11-01-2020, 10:31 PM

Has it occurred to anyone but me that we have wasted 14 pages on an absolutely futile effort?

Tags
fbi, shoot, gun, agent, bad

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.