Some Answers To Why Police Shootings Are The Way They Are

Closed Thread
Old 10-30-2020, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
Good question. Police departments don't set policy, the mayor and city council are supposed to control and work with the PD instead of against it.
Look at the 3 who run Philly and you will know why the police are not supported!!!!! The police chief said she did not have a budget for tasers!!!!!! The poor Philly cops are always put down by the Mayor!!!!
Old 10-30-2020, 06:01 AM

If we continue to play "Monday morning quarterback" by second guessing what a LEO does in that split second, thin k about who we are going to get as LEOs in the future. I tip my hat to those who have spent their lives in law enforcement. And please don't ask me about the few bad cops you may have seen on videos. There are bad clergy, teachers, doctors, lawyers, cooks, etc. I am attaching a video named "THAT IS HOW FAST IT CAN HAPPEN". It is 6 seconds long. That cop could have died in those6 seconds. Those of you who were not in LE, think about how much time he had to react. It is scary, and God bless whoever trained him.
If we don't support our police, the ONLY people who will become police are trigger happy people who look forward to shooting someone. The adage "Be careful what you ask for" certainly applies here, and defunding police is one very stupid idea.
Watch the video.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:14 AM
Location: Newburgh NY, Berwick PA, Grand Forks ND, Tampa Fl, Wenatchee Wash, TN, OK, TX, NC, OH, FL

When I got training in the military, silhouettes did not have arms or legs. The crazy folks haven’t woke up yet, but they will chime in. It’s been a great thread! Thanks to all of you with common sense!
Old 10-30-2020, 06:14 AM

From the data I was easily able to gather it is not an increasing trend. Since 2013 it has been pretty much the same number every year. Press would have you believe otherwise.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:25 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notes View Post
Why don't police carry tasers? They are a weapon, can be used at a distance, like pepper spray, and are less lethal than guns. Through the end of September 2020, over 700 people have been shot and killed by police, an increasing trend.
Because you dont bring a knife to a gun fight as the saying goes. The taser has to hit the person just right from a distance. If they havve heavy clothes on, the prongs wont go through. If they are drugged up, the taser wont affect them. Would you shoot someone who points a gun at you with just a taser? If you say yes, then I hope you have made things right with God because youre heading his way.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Did you miss the mental illness part?
True this guy had mental illness and the police knew it as they had been to his house several times. But does that mean that they should allow him to kill or injure one of them?

When faced with a death threat it's either him or me. What would you have done?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-30-2020, 06:34 AM

they are shooting to kill. period.
Old 10-30-2020, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art cov View Post
When I got training in the military, silhouettes did not have arms or legs. The crazy folks haven’t woke up yet, but they will chime in. It’s been a great thread! Thanks to all of you with common sense!
Always aim for center mass.
Old 10-30-2020, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notes View Post
I agree. The most recent shooting comes to mind, when the person with mental illness was wielding a kitchen knife. Wouldn't it be nice if that person had been able to come home to his family.
And if he killed an officer with that knife how nice would that feel.
Should the officer have asked him first if he was mentally ill and then let him stab him with the knife.
Old 10-30-2020, 07:17 AM

EVERY shooting that started “peaceful demonstrations”, riots, looting and murders have two things in common....1) the person shot by LEO was on drugs, and 2) the person shot by LEO did not obey the commands of the LEO. Even if there was a disputed issue with the LEO, if they followed the LEO commands the would be alive and would have a opportunity to resolve the dispute. Follow the commands of the LEO!!!!!! You will have time to talk it out, get legal representation, and live!!!!!
Old 10-30-2020, 07:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
I was in two shootings as a State Trooper, the first as a sniper on a hijacking/hostage situation, the second on a stolen vehicle with an escapee whose car I did the pit maneuver on and he got out firing; this was immediately after he riddled the front of my cruiser with automatic weapon fire.

My point is, everyday I was going to do whatever it took to come home to my family every night. No LEO ever goes to work looking for a fire fight but it sometimes happens and they have to make the decision to end the threat that will keep them from going home.
with your vast experience, i'd like to ask you what you think of the policies the authorities are using? do we need more or less?
Old 10-30-2020, 07:20 AM

And law enforcement training will also show that a knife wielding man can charge and kill someone within 50ft, EVEN while being shot himself, as adrenaline could keep him alive for that amount of time.

Secondly, the man in Philly was walking around with the knife, so not only were the officers a threat, so was the general public, as he was walking all around, and completely ignoring their commands. If they had not acted, and he harmed or killed someone else.....well, you know the rest of the story.
Old 10-30-2020, 07:21 AM
Default Police Shootings

In most cases LEO took the proper course of action. If you don't want to be shot, obey the officers commands. Repeat them back to them to make sure you understand what they are requesting you to do. Stay calm and comply. Not all of the recent events were justified. LEO are just like any occupation, some are good at what they do, some are not, and some do not have the proper mental aptitude for the job. Regardless of LEO's response to an event, if you comply you will come out ok. When they roll up they do not know you or your intentions. Especially with the attitude and environment today, they must be ever vigilant. Cities discussing defunding law enforcement are asking for mayhem and increased crime. LEO are always welcome in our home.
Old 10-30-2020, 07:26 AM

Thank you for sharing your experience .
Old 10-30-2020, 07:27 AM

Tasers do not always eliminate the threat or the danger.
Closed Thread

Tags
fbi, shoot, gun, agent, bad

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.