Someone is using my name Gracie Girl on another forum.

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2014, 07:51 PM
Send a message via ICQ to SoccerCoach

Gracie, not only do you have to be yourself, but You too, are who you are for a reason!
Old 02-07-2014, 07:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

I'm writing this because I'm sure some of you saw my name on Topix. FYI...I only used brightspot01 and never posted under a different alias. I am still a member of Topix, to this day, but only because I forgot about it and never cancelled. I joined in November, 2008 and my last post was on April 6, 2009...a total of 18 posts...an average of 2.5 a month...and almost 5 years ago.

I joined Topix because I was banned from TOTV and a new forum had been established, mainly for those of us who Talk Host had banned from TOTV. Our purpose was to promote the new site but that got detoured on Topix.

Once on Topix, another TOTV poster immediately got on and posted some negative posts. The alias used was changed often (even impersonating TOTV Talk Host) and I was certain I knew the poster. The poster called me a bully. I probably was because the poster was very negative, aggressive, and mean (mainly on TOTV). Sadly, I lowered to the level of the poster and became very defensive. I look back and know I could and should have handled the situation better but that is now water under the bridge and I regret it.

I'd like to explain why Talk Host banned me. JohnnyM was banned and he had been a very popular poster. In fact, he made many of us over into movie stars using a special program. Everyone seemed to love JohnnyM. However, Johnny could be a little outspoken so Talk Host banned him (I never knew the specifics). Once other posters noticed Johnny was no longer posting they asked where he was. I posted that he had been banned. That was my doom and Talk Host banned me. Talk Host sent me a PM and said it was no one else's business what happened to Johnny and was between him and Johnny only. Johnny had given me permission to post that he was banned but that made no difference to Talk Host. I was gone and HE NEVER WOULD REINSTATE ME NO MATTER HOW OFTEN I PLEADED.

As for other banned members...JustSusan was a relatively new member. She is a Village Artist and her work is now displayed at King's Gallery in Spanish Springs. She has been featured in The Daily Sun often. She is a nice, low-key, honest lady. Unfortunately, she decided to tell a story about a dream she had (I think it might have been in "Girl Talk" but I could be wrong.). Unfortunately it was about trains. At the time, Talk Host was trying to sell his home in Chatham and had a problem with the noisy trains that passed close to his home. Once she posted her dream train story, Talk Host banned her, even though she honestly did it without malice (not knowing about Talk Host's train problem because she wasn't on that often.)

I could tell you other "banned" stories but I won't because this could turn into a novel. However, I want to thank the new administrators for reinstating me under my original name. I rejoined TOTV under a new alias but it never felt right. I wrote the new administrator, explained my situation, and asked for a 2nd chance to reinstate myself under my original name. He granted me my request and I'm so grateful.

ABOUT GRACIE: If I feel this horrible about the posts on TOPIX then I can only imagine how horrible she feels. I am a sensitive lady and these posts on TOPIX would have devastated me. I can't blame her for her reaction. I want Gracie to know I wrote the Administrators of Topix regarding this degrading and bullying thread. If she would like to see what I said, I will be glad to copy and PM my statement (and request) to her.

Last edited by renielarson; 02-07-2014 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhrc4 View Post
Enough is enough. This thread can go on and on. Gracie has a ton of support to stay, so really it is up to her to respond to this . I really think that it is time for Gracie to come forward or not with a decision to re-consider...agreed ?
What's the rush?
Old 02-07-2014, 09:48 PM

Gracie I just PM'd you. Regards Mainlander
Old 02-07-2014, 11:45 PM

OMG, I am absolutely stunned by this terrible turn of events! Gracie: my heart is breaking for you right now. There is NO ONE who deserves to be hurt as you have, and YOU, of all people, should NEVER have to be subjected to hate and bullying. You are kind, loving, thoughtful, generous, genuine, and I'm betting 99.9 percent of TOTVers absolutely LOVE you!! I've been a "lurker" on this forum for a long time and have even been the very lucky recipient of a couple of PMs from you. I am so honored by that, and I am honored to read your wonderful posts here on TOTV. However, you are devastated and hurt right now, and I'm sure it will take some time to get over it. I know nothing about this Topix forum that has been referenced, but obviously, good people need to stay away from it. Apparently, no good can come from it. If something like that can cause such hurt, why would anyone want to be involved with it? Please, just forget that nasty forum, and take time to heal, but please know that there are many, many friends of yours who are praying that you will once again see the good there is here at TOTV, and come back and join us again. We love you Gracie, and I will be keeping you in my prayers. You are truly a treasure, and you do not deserve this awful hurt. Love to you, Helene and Sweetie! And God bless you all.
Old 02-08-2014, 04:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightspot01 View Post
I'm writing this because I'm sure some of you saw my name on Topix. FYI...I only used brightspot01 and never posted under a different alias. I am still a member of Topix, to this day, but only because I forgot about it and never cancelled. I joined in November, 2008 and my last post was on April 6, 2009...a total of 18 posts...an average of 2.5 a month...and almost 5 years ago.

I joined Topix because I was banned from TOTV and a new forum had been established, mainly for those of us who Talk Host had banned from TOTV. Our purpose was to promote the new site but that got detoured on Topix.

Once on Topix, another TOTV poster immediately got on and posted some negative posts. The alias used was changed often (even impersonating TOTV Talk Host) and I was certain I knew the poster. The poster called me a bully. I probably was because the poster was very negative, aggressive, and mean (mainly on TOTV). Sadly, I lowered to the level of the poster and became very defensive. I look back and know I could and should have handled the situation better but that is now water under the bridge and I regret it.

I'd like to explain why Talk Host banned me. JohnnyM was banned and he had been a very popular poster. In fact, he made many of us over into movie stars using a special program. Everyone seemed to love JohnnyM. However, Johnny could be a little outspoken so Talk Host banned him (I never knew the specifics). Once other posters noticed Johnny was no longer posting they asked where he was. I posted that he had been banned. That was my doom and Talk Host banned me. Talk Host sent me a PM and said it was no one else's business what happened to Johnny and was between him and Johnny only. Johnny had given me permission to post that he was banned but that made no difference to Talk Host. I was gone and HE NEVER WOULD REINSTATE ME NO MATTER HOW OFTEN I PLEADED.

As for other banned members...JustSusan was a relatively new member. She is a Village Artist and her work is now displayed at King's Gallery in Spanish Springs. She has been featured in The Daily Sun often. She is a nice, low-key, honest lady. Unfortunately, she decided to tell a story about a dream she had (I think it might have been in "Girl Talk" but I could be wrong.). Unfortunately it was about trains. At the time, Talk Host was trying to sell his home in Chatham and had a problem with the noisy trains that passed close to his home. Once she posted her dream train story, Talk Host banned her, even though she honestly did it without malice (not knowing about Talk Host's train problem because she wasn't on that often.)

I could tell you other "banned" stories but I won't because this could turn into a novel. However, I want to thank the new administrators for reinstating me under my original name. I rejoined TOTV under a new alias but it never felt right. I wrote the new administrator, explained my situation, and asked for a 2nd chance to reinstate myself under my original name. He granted me my request and I'm so grateful.

ABOUT GRACIE: If I feel this horrible about the posts on TOPIX then I can only imagine how horrible she feels. I am a sensitive lady and these posts on TOPIX would have devastated me. I can't blame her for her reaction. I want Gracie to know I wrote the Administrators of Topix regarding this degrading and bullying thread. If she would like to see what I said, I will be glad to copy and PM my statement (and request) to her.
Thank you for sharing this. I also went thru the process you did. Banning in those days had no fair or consistent method to it. It does now, so like you I regret some of what I posted in those days. Due to the way TOTV is monitored today, I have sent apologies out, forgave those that harassed me, built my bridge and have moved on.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Dear ones.

I have only read a few of your kind and caring and concerned posts and I want you to know that I am fine. The wonderful thing about being older is that we have had experience with being badly hurt and know that in a few days we feel better. The feeling better has been greatly aided by some wonderful visits from wonderful people and by some wonderful emails by wonderful people and living with two wonderful people.

I feel responsible for this somehow. On forums where unknown people type to other unknown people without the facial contact and personal knowledge of each other enormous pain can be caused without intent. We all have disagreed at times with others and at our age we all have very clear ideas about what we believe. I must have somehow really said something unknowingly or knowingly that I believed or I pushed back against someone's ideas that caused this.

I have only read a few of the comments above because my heart is just overwhelmed with gratitude for your kindness. I have learned something very important. This medium is both dangerous and wonderful and I am glad for my 74 years. I can see why the young can be broken to the point of taking their own lives.

I certainly do not deserve the love you have shown me but I am so grateful for it.

I just love you. Thank you so much. I want to hug each of you.

Thank you so very much.

I have learned a great lesson.

There is even MORE good in the world than I thought.
Old 02-08-2014, 07:17 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Dear ones.

I have only read a few of your kind and caring and concerned posts and I want you to know that I am fine. The wonderful thing about being older is that we have had experience with being badly hurt and know that in a few days we feel better. The feeling better has been greatly aided by some wonderful visits from wonderful people and by some wonderful emails by wonderful people and living with two wonderful people.

I feel responsible for this somehow. On forums where unknown people type to other unknown people without the facial contact and personal knowledge of each other enormous pain can be caused without intent. We all have disagreed at times with others and at our age we all have very clear ideas about what we believe. I must have somehow really said something unknowingly or knowingly that I believed or I pushed back against someone's ideas that caused this.

I have only read a few of the comments above because my heart is just overwhelmed with gratitude for your kindness. I have learned something very important. This medium is both dangerous and wonderful and I am glad for my 74 years. I can see why the young can be broken to the point of taking their own lives.

I certainly do not deserve the love you have shown me but I am so grateful for it.

I just love you. Thank you so much. I want to hug each of you.

Thank you so very much.

I have learned a great lesson.

There is even MORE good in the world than I thought.

Good morning Gracie

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 02-08-2014, 07:19 AM
Sage

Gracie, what has happened too you has had an incredible effect on so many of us. I for one will never hesitate to apologize when I do wrong and will always forgive anyone doing harm to me if they ask for it. So very sorry what you have experienced, but I truly believe you have been the inspiration to improve the attitude of us all.
Old 02-08-2014, 08:13 AM
TOTV Moderator

Gracie, welcome back.

This has no doubt been a difficult couple of days. We can't do anything about what is posted on other sites, but will continue to work hard to keep TOTV a model of web forum civility and respect, while still having fun. The outpouring of support here is much more indicative of the real world than a few isolated mean-spirited people.

You get the final say.... This thread is now closed.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.