R/O Water filter - help needed

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2018, 09:57 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default R/O Water filter - help needed

Good morning,

I have an under-the-sink reverse osmosis drinking water system - Whirlpool WHER25 - which recently started providing just one glassful before slowing to a trickle.

I have replaced all three filters (pre, R/O and post) and flushed the system for 24 hours, but no change.

Manual says try repressurising the tank, but gives no clues as to how this can be done (and Whirlpool helpline only covers major appliances!)

Any thoughts?

Thank you
Old 02-16-2018, 10:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,171 Times in 2,260 Posts

You are correct, I looked up the manual, and it provides no help. When I added a pressure tank to our water system (back up North), it had what looked like a tire valve stem on the tank which was used to set the initial pressure. I am GUESSING there is a similar valve on the storage tank, it may be hidden. If you can find this valve, a small compressor should be able to provide the 6 PSI, I have one of these if you do not have access.
Look around the storage tank, see figure 13, page 12, I think the valve you are looking for is near the bottom of the tank.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-16-2018, 11:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
You are correct, I looked up the manual, and it provides no help. When I added a pressure tank to our water system (back up North), it had what looked like a tire valve stem on the tank which was used to set the initial pressure. I am GUESSING there is a similar valve on the storage tank, it may be hidden. If you can find this valve, a small compressor should be able to provide the 6 PSI, I have one of these if you do not have access.
Look around the storage tank, see figure 13, page 12, I think the valve you are looking for is near the bottom of the tank.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks, VT

The valve was hidden behind a cover, so will attach my bicycle pump and see what happens :-)
Old 02-16-2018, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,171 Times in 2,260 Posts

Great, glad I could help.
Old 02-16-2018, 09:09 PM

I had a similar problem with the same system years ago, the bladder in the storage tank is blown. I replaced the tank and problem solved
Old 02-17-2018, 07:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad-tv View Post
I had a similar problem with the same system years ago, the bladder in the storage tank is blown. I replaced the tank and problem solved
Thanks, Brad

I think I may be in luck. I connected my bike pump to the valve and put in a lot of air. However, there was no sound of air bubbling through water, so I think it was just deflating the bladder. Either way, the system is working again so I'll see what happens over time.
Closed Thread

Tags
system, whirlpool, water, r/o, repressurising

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.