Spelling errors on posts

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2013, 06:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts
Default What you might call a female dog and the GPS.

Maybe we need a little like the one on our GPS where a voice comes in and starts saying "recalculating, recalculating, recalculating". As to my own grammar, etc., I have good days and bad days. It is quite easy to good back and edit your previous messages.

Australian Karen-- 'Recalculating route': Meet the voice behind your GPS - Video on TODAY.com

Karen Jacobsen Showreel - YouTube
Old 11-02-2013, 06:30 AM
Sage

You probably know that I won the Red Pen of America Contest for many years. But then...when Peter Jennings said "snuck" after we stayed up all night together watching shock and awe, I began to fundamentally question the plausibility of my quest to rid the world of error.
The very word reminds me of what was once an ironical, common mistake....of course you know that the word "err" was once only correctly pronounced "ur" and never "air"?
And remember that horrible year when "collectables" with an "a" was added to the dictionary? It's pathetic; it's an outrage; to what is the world coming? What to do?
Trust me, friends of the Red Pen, when you cannot rely on the Oxford English Dictionary to hold a line, you are alone in the world.

Last edited by kittygilchrist; 11-02-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:46 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Ain't nobody perfect. Ain't no reason to try. We are seniors and no one is grading our papers. Don't make no difference no how.

You are a good person Borjo. But there are some with dyslexia and some that are good spellers. Some are athletes and some are not. Some are smarter than others and some are kinder than others and some people have everybody fooled and some people have nobody fooled.

We is what we is.
Yea GG I ain't got no problems, but then I suffer with anosognosia
Old 11-02-2013, 06:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Yea GG I ain't got no problems, but then I suffer with anosognosia
I have hemorrhoids.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:59 AM
Sage
Default Now that ain't no love letter.

I remember I had a friend Tom in the Philosophy Department at the University of Nevada, Reno who always seemed to have many girls interested in him. He would take love letters from them, correct their spelling and grammar, and give them back to them. This trick often resulted in his having one less woman interested in him.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:06 AM
Red face

There is only one who is perfect and he is way superior to us. So......lighten up and enjoy life. It's our time to do what we want to do and what we enjoy!
Old 11-02-2013, 07:08 AM

A fewwwww Slugs of Good Ole " JD " or " Johnny Walker " will sort you out Real Quick, set um up bartender Drinks Are On The House. Hic Up. Yes Sir Reeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 11-02-2013, 07:19 AM
Sage
Smile

I do know that as you are typing along sometimes you don't realize that you are using the incorrect version of the words their, there, too or to. I happens to me. I think my brain is functioning to fast to realize the difference. Once it is posted and I read it again it sinks in and I think now why did I do that when I know perfectly well how to use the word? and I edit the post and fix it. One thing I had to mention is on the show Judge Judy this week a litigant came up with a new word "tooken". She kept saying it over and over and Judge Judy stopped her and said there is no such word as tooken. It was a funny moment.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
I do know that as you are typing along sometimes you don't realize that you are using the incorrect version of the words their, there, too or to. I happens to me. I think my brain is functioning to fast to realize the difference. Once it is posted and I read it again it sinks in and I think now why did I do that when I know perfectly well how to use the word? and I edit the post and fix it. One thing I had to mention is on the show Judge Judy this week a litigant came up with a new word "tooken". She kept saying it over and over and Judge Judy stopped her and said there is no such word as tooken. It was a funny moment.
Is babymama a word? Sweetie referred to me that way last week.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:27 AM
Sage
Wink

Quote:
That's funny. They sure use it all the time on Judge Judy's show and Maury Povich not that I watch those shows.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Actually, it is two. Urban Dictionary: baby mama
Old 11-02-2013, 07:49 AM
Gold member

“It’s a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word.” — Andrew Jackson
I really feel bad for people who do not understand basic calculus --- it makes me depressed
Old 11-02-2013, 07:51 AM
Veteran member

In light of all the spelling ignorance displayed here, and emotional trauma the misspelling issue is causing, I think this website should be permanently closed. Then all those with twisted knickers could breathe again and there will be peace in the world.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by borjo View Post
Oh, folks, it's so depressing to see how many of you are spelling the simplest of words wrong. I know your, (oops, you're) smarter than these errors show. They're, their, there....you're, your.... etc. It's just one of my pet peeves and I had to address it. i feel better now!
Thes is a sirius issue and me happi you done wrote about it
Old 11-02-2013, 08:01 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
In light of all the spelling ignorance displayed here, and emotional trauma the misspelling issue is causing, I think this website should be permanently closed. Then all those with twisted knickers could breathe again and there will be peace in the world.
Is this your opinion -WOW - is that all it take to have peace in the world
There may be a job for you in the govt- or maybe you had one
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.