Old 03-31-2024, 11:31 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,060 Times in 540 Posts
Default No, will check it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
By any chance have you seen 'Old People' (2022) Netflix
Will give it a chance on our next rain day

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 04-01-2024, 12:15 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugchief View Post
Most references to squatters mean people who illegally move into and take possession of your home while you are out of town. This should not be tolerated in any way by government/police whose responsibility it is to enforce property rights. It should not need to involve drawn out legal fights.

You can feel sorry for those who did not get a break in life, but they still don't have the right to steal anyone's house.
Thank you for a common sense answer. We seem to have lost all common sense in our country.
Old 04-01-2024, 09:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,958 Times in 2,466 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
I just don’t want to miss, I wear reading glasses and it might have to be used in low light situations.

It also weighs a little bit more than most things in the house so if I fire all my rounds it serves well as a club.

With kick from 500 most likely you will miss
Old 04-02-2024, 03:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,411 Times in 2,531 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Florida House Bill 621 was signed into law yesterday (March 27, 2024) by the Florida governor.

Under HB 621, a property owner can request law enforcement to immediately remove a squatter from their property if the following conditions are met:

- The individual has unlawfully entered and remains on the property;
- The individual has been directed to leave the property by the owner but has not done so; and
- The individual is not a current or former tenant in a legal dispute.

Simple, straight and to-the-point.
Wish we had such a simple law like that in UK.
Here, the property owner would probably be arrested for a 'Hate Crime' if they had the temerity to even ask the squatters to leave!
Old 04-02-2024, 05:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Wish we had such a simple law like that in UK.
Here, the property owner would probably be arrested for a 'Hate Crime' if they had the temerity to even ask the squatters to leave!
Good to see the dumbing down of laws and ordinances isn’t solely confined to US soil!
Old 04-02-2024, 01:00 PM
Veteran member

America’s Sheriff....Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd making the rounds on cable news re: new squatter law. The man is no nonsense. Refreshing
Old 04-02-2024, 04:09 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,101 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
America’s Sheriff....Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd making the rounds on cable news re: new squatter law. The man is no nonsense. Refreshing
Love it! Hope Sumter County gets the message. Because it doesn't do us any good for the Legislature to give us a law if the cops won't enforce it.

For instance --

The day I bought my fully furnished rental property, I drove straight from the closing to my new property and discovered the previous owner in my living room stealing my TV. The TV from the master bedroom was already in the back of their Mercedes SUV in my driveway. Both TV's were listed on the inventory for the sale.

We had words, of course, and then I called 911. I told the dispatcher at the Sumter County Sheriff's department that I was experiencing a home invasion and burglary and the thief was standing right in front of me. I asked if I should I hold them at gun point until they arrived. You'd think that would be enough to roll a patrol car, but instead, the dispatcher wanted to know the circumstances. The moment I mentioned "closing" she told me to take it up with my closing agent and warned me against holding them.

So if our sheriff doesn't enforce the existing laws against home invasion and burglary, why would they treat a new law against squatting any differently?

I see the day when my alarm alerts me by phone that someone has broken into the house during the summer when it's un-occupied. A few minutes later, the Sheriff calls and tells me the guy who kicked in my door has a signed lease in his hand, notarized by someone named "Guzman" from "Sinaloa Cartel Migrant Services Company", so would I mind turning off the alarm so my new "tenants" can get some sleep?
Old 04-02-2024, 04:31 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueblaze View Post
Love it! Hope Sumter County gets the message. Because it doesn't do us any good for the Legislature to give us a law if the cops won't enforce it.

For instance --

The day I bought my fully furnished rental property, I drove straight from the closing to my new property and discovered the previous owner in my living room stealing my TV. The TV from the master bedroom was already in the back of their Mercedes SUV in my driveway. Both TV's were listed on the inventory for the sale.

We had words, of course, and then I called 911. I told the dispatcher at the Sumter County Sheriff's department that I was experiencing a home invasion and burglary and the thief was standing right in front of me. I asked if I should I hold them at gun point until they arrived. You'd think that would be enough to roll a patrol car, but instead, the dispatcher wanted to know the circumstances. The moment I mentioned "closing" she told me to take it up with my closing agent and warned me against holding them.

So if our sheriff doesn't enforce the existing laws against home invasion and burglary, why would they treat a new law against squatting any differently?

I see the day when my alarm alerts me by phone that someone has broken into the house during the summer when it's un-occupied. A few minutes later, the Sheriff calls and tells me the guy who kicked in my door has a signed lease in his hand, notarized by someone named "Guzman" from "Sinaloa Cartel Migrant Services Company", so would I mind turning off the alarm so my new "tenants" can get some sleep?
Cant speak to your situation specifically but be assured Grady will be the standard all other sheriff's will have to follow. No excuses now
Old 04-03-2024, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
With kick from 500 most likely you will miss
The first shot wouldn't be too bad, subsistent shots especially if made quickly are much more difficult. Center mass for the first shot, aim at their belt buckle for follow up shots and maybe it won't go over their head.

Tags
squatter, house, move, hunter, idea

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.