Squatter Solution

Old 03-19-2024, 09:29 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default Squatters

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I don't understand your post. No one would allow a squatter to move into their house. Most people want to get rid of squatters.
They come in all shapes and sizes. A squatter can be a “temporary” live-in partner, a homeless worker in the new builds, a drug abuser living on land the Developer bought, someone who moved into a new build that hasn’t sold yet. The squatter is around.

Anecdotal evidence abounds. It can be the squatters that were found in the Leesburg restaurant last month, or the simple shoves of homeless moving out as development moves in. We had a homeless encampment that was near the corner of 44 and Morse a few months back discussed on another thread.

I feel sorry for most in the situation, not everyone got a break in life.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 03-19-2024, 09:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyb View Post
I’ll just use Smith and Wesson.
The attorneys?.
Old 03-19-2024, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
The attorneys?.
"Attorneys?" I use the partners of Ruger and Glock. When they talk some don't walk....
Old 03-19-2024, 10:44 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
"Attorneys?" I use the partners of Ruger and Glock. When they talk some don't walk....
Both S&W 500 in one night stand and Glock 40 in the other. If anyone makes trouble, then it’s trouble they will get.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 03-19-2024, 12:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GizmoWhiskers View Post
Sounds like a major liability calamity waiting to happen.

Many people in TV own homes elsewhere. In FL one can not take someone's homestead in a civil law suit but hey... second homes and toys now that's another story.

Bringing in a third party to make life miserable for someone needing to be evicted using the courts... yeah have fun with that lol.
Soooo…….what’s your alternative??? A “pretty please move out”?? Or maybe just sign over the house or share it with them?? Of course this is could just be part of the redistribution of the wealth of those entitled dual home owners who worked their a55es off to afford the home.
Old 03-19-2024, 01:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
I don't need no steenkin' squatter hunter.... I can make someone's life so miserable to want to move out. Just ask my ex husband.
That's too funny!!
Old 03-19-2024, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
They come in all shapes and sizes. A squatter can be a “temporary” live-in partner, a homeless worker in the new builds, a drug abuser living on land the Developer bought, someone who moved into a new build that hasn’t sold yet. The squatter is around.

Anecdotal evidence abounds. It can be the squatters that were found in the Leesburg restaurant last month, or the simple shoves of homeless moving out as development moves in. We had a homeless encampment that was near the corner of 44 and Morse a few months back discussed on another thread.

I feel sorry for most in the situation, not everyone got a break in life.
Most references to squatters mean people who illegally move into and take possession of your home while you are out of town. This should not be tolerated in any way by government/police whose responsibility it is to enforce property rights. It should not need to involve drawn out legal fights.

You can feel sorry for those who did not get a break in life, but they still don't have the right to steal anyone's house.
Old 03-19-2024, 01:22 PM

Where were Smith, Wesson, Ruger, Glock and associates the other night when the lady was being abducted? Talk is cheap.
Old 03-19-2024, 02:42 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesimonsaid View Post
Where were Smith, Wesson, Ruger, Glock and associates the other night when the lady was being abducted? Talk is cheap.
Was the lady a client of their's? I personally go with Sig and Sauer over S&W. More reliable but that's just an opinion.
Old 03-19-2024, 02:46 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,778 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesimonsaid View Post
Agree.

It's Big Hat, no cattle.

Guns are not going to help with squatters.
Old 03-19-2024, 02:57 PM
Gold member
Default Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by frayedends View Post
Was the lady a client of their's? I personally go with Sig and Sauer over S&W. More reliable but that's just an opinion.
Nah, a ladies gun is a Kimber 9mm pink. Of course if the Villager who was kidnapped and abducted had carried one, the whole thing may of played out differently.

Old 03-19-2024, 04:21 PM

Speaking of which:
NYC homeowner is arrested for changing the locks of her home to kick out squatters who broke in.

In New York, people illegally living in your property automatically become the legal
tenants after 30 days.

SOURCE LINK
Old 03-19-2024, 04:30 PM
Default Term defining

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
You’re talking apple and oranges. Squatters vs home invasion. Read the posts closer
How well defined (legally) is the term "squatter"?
Old 03-19-2024, 04:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,021 Times in 1,747 Posts

I can’t quite see the difference between a squatter and a burglar, so the burglar decided to stay… how can that be defined as a tenant? Illegal entry is burglary or home invasion. You come home from the store, or a vacation and as you enter there is a stranger in your house. Who you shoot. How is that not self defense?
Old 03-19-2024, 05:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,277 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugchief View Post
Speaking of which:
NYC homeowner is arrested for changing the locks of her home to kick out squatters who broke in.

In New York, people illegally living in your property automatically become the legal
tenants after 30 days.

SOURCE LINK
Reason #243 why not to live in NYC...

-Tom Petty

Tags
squatter, house, move, hunter, idea

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.