"Stimulus Check" for my deceased father.

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2020, 06:27 AM

He died in 2018. He wasn’t alive when it was approved.
Old 05-02-2020, 07:04 AM

I personally think the post is BULL, It would have been more believable if the poster had included a snap shot of this infamous CHECK! I also believe that CHECKS are NOT going out till ALL direct deposits are complete.
This post was a try at Political Trolling and it evidently wasn’t a try it worked!

I could however believe that people that are dying currently from anything would get a deposit because undertakers supply the government that social security #s are no longer valid. I believe undertakers are overwhelmed in quite a few areas!
Look what happened in NY with 60 bodies found in U Hauls, ya think that undertaker reported SS #s? They didn’t report they were overwhelmed.
Old 05-02-2020, 07:15 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,128 Times in 1,351 Posts

Now some members of...want to send 5 billion to Iran. So easy to throw Taxpayer to whoever they owe.

You think this bad wait until election time.
Old 05-02-2020, 08:02 AM

This is all true. I know of people getting overpaid and underpaid. When the govt tried to implement this huge massive undertaking, and tried to put stipulations on it, like tax filing, etc. Many protests erupted over some of the less well off(who don't pay taxes), not receiving anything. Needless to say, with the hysteria and urgency, the eligibility resorted to you pretty much only needed to be a name on a list somewhere?! And voila! I asked(US Sen's office) to keep the money, but merely allow me to withdraw from my retirement without the 10% penalty. So, the withdrawal made it into the law, but my retirement board has yet to allow it, and I just received DOUBLE of what I was supposed to. And the IRS has no means/methods in place, to collect it back. Good times.
Old 05-02-2020, 08:30 AM

I got one also yesterday for my.mom who passed away in May 2018. I put hers in a drawer waiting for them to tell me where to send it back, if that ever happens. Her name also noted deceased after it.
Old 05-02-2020, 08:32 AM
Veteran member

OMG, if you tore it up, the Government checkbook won’t balance.
Old 05-02-2020, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie1950 View Post
I personally think the post is BULL, It would have been more believable if the poster had included a snap shot of this infamous CHECK! I also believe that CHECKS are NOT going out till ALL direct deposits are complete.
This post was a try at Political Trolling and it evidently wasn’t a try it worked!

I could however believe that people that are dying currently from anything would get a deposit because undertakers supply the government that social security #s are no longer valid. I believe undertakers are overwhelmed in quite a few areas!
Look what happened in NY with 60 bodies found in U Hauls, ya think that undertaker reported SS #s? They didn’t report they were overwhelmed.
This is not bull. I received a check for my mother, also deceased. On the outside of the envelope there a box to check if deceased and then drop in the mailbox.
Old 05-02-2020, 08:39 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

READ The man died in 2018
Old 05-02-2020, 09:26 AM

Nothing, his signature is in the printer's software as others, just a click of a mouse all automatic.
Old 05-02-2020, 09:46 AM

Quote:
You are wrong. We haven't gotten ours, both on SS, and the "Get Your Payment" site says that we qualify and will get it direct deposited to our checking account, but there is NO date stated for that to happen. And yet on another site where this topic has been very active on several threads there are many people stating that they have gotten their paper checks. As well as dead people getting checks as well. So there are people out there who are supposedly still getting DDs and haven't gotten them yet. This morning our checking account has our tax refund deposit and I only did that a week ago. So they can't say they don't have our info.
Old 05-02-2020, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:

Here ya go my sweet Rosie ........ hope this satisfies you. I scanned it before shredding just as a souvenir. In case you think I faked it note the "c/o" name vs. my username here. I should have cashed it and "deposited" the cash under my dad's headstone as I'm sure he'd have appreciated it. Would you also like a copy of his death certificate showing March 15, 2018 ? Yes, his SS was stopped immediately in March of 2018 so they obviously knew he was deceased 2+ YEARS ago.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.

Last edited by EdFNJ; 05-29-2020 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-02-2020, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,779 Times in 5,277 Posts

All of the stimulus money has not been paid yet. But, some of the money was sent to deceased people. That was an error. However, the Treasury Secretary told people to return the money sent to the deceased people. That was also wrong. The Government will be issuing specific guidance on what to do with the money sent to the deceased. But, the current advice is to keep the money until the guidance is issued. Technically, the stimulus money was supposed to be a tax credit for the 2020 tax year, so people who died in 2018 and 2019 should not have received the money.
Old 05-02-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:

This is not bull. We received a stimulus check via mail for my mother who passed in July 2018. We checked the "deceased" box on the envelope and dropped it in the mailbox.
Old 05-02-2020, 10:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
However, the Treasury Secretary told people to return the money sent to the deceased people. That was also wrong. The Government will be issuing specific guidance on what to do with the money sent to the deceased.
There seems to be some legal question about them clawing it back after the fact. Do some Googling of "my deceased <fill-in-the-blank> received a stimulus check."

If your dead relative received a stimulus check, you should return it to the feds, Mnuchin says - MarketWatch

Partial clip from the article:

On Wednesday, Kaeding told MarketWatch that Mnuchin’s comments {regarding return of the checks} “surprised me a bit, given that the CARES Act included language that covers clerical mistakes by the IRS.”

Kaeding previously told MarketWatch, “An important provision of the [Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security] act, as it relates to these checks, is that if the IRS sends you too much money, you do not need to pay it back. It is considered a clerical or math error on behalf of the IRS. And that’s important because they were trying to issue these checks quickly.”
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 05-02-2020, 12:26 PM

Your the second person I know of that this has happened. Multiply this across the country and now we understand the Government waste and inadequacy. Thanks for shredding.
Just imagine how many deceased people are still voting too.
Closed Thread

Tags
check, deceased, understand, stimulus, father

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.