Student, 11, Hit By Car And Killed In School Walkou

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2018, 11:49 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

The KGB and other subversive organizations well appreciate the value of protests. They were behind the so called "peace movement" during the Viet Nam war era and had their agents on college campuses. How the Soviet Union helped shape the modern peace Movement

Of course just as the US had almost won the war the peace movement won popular opinion by duping the average citizen which caused us to withdraw, thereby giving up literally at the point of victory!

So marches work well for subversive interests.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 04-23-2018, 12:02 PM
Platinum member

Since this thread is obviously no longer about the death of a child, and therefore has lost any semblance of solemness, I suppose I will join the debate regarding the effectiveness of marches and protests by giving one example of a complete and utter failure. Do y'all remember the million-man march? Well, after the success of that one and of several other imitators, infant activists called for a million-baby march. The protest was a resounding failure due largely to its 1-p.m. start time, which was right in the middle of nap time. Babies also experienced difficulties with travel and the actual “marching” part of the march due to most participants being unable to walk.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:03 PM
Platinum member

I wrote a reply but then went back and cut it all out. I swore I wouldn't get involved in these discussions anymore and I "fell off the wagon". I'll go back to just ignoring everything but the classifieds.

Last edited by Bonnevie; 04-23-2018 at 12:06 PM. Reason: delete
Old 04-23-2018, 12:12 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
I wrote a reply but then went back and cut it all out. I swore I wouldn't get involved in these discussions anymore and I "fell off the wagon". I'll go back to just ignoring everything but the classifieds.
True. I am kind of sorry I started it since it does just go round and round in an endless loop where no one can agree on anything and nothing is really accomplished by it.

Think I'll check the classifieds
Old 04-23-2018, 12:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Since this thread is obviously no longer about the death of a child, and therefore has lost any semblance of solemness, I suppose I will join the debate regarding the effectiveness of marches and protests by giving one example of a complete and utter failure. Do y'all remember the million-man march? Well, after the success of that one and of several other imitators, infant activists called for a million-baby march. The protest was a resounding failure due largely to its 1-p.m. start time, which was right in the middle of nap time. Babies also experienced difficulties with travel and the actual “marching” part of the march due to most participants being unable to walk.

A bit of levity, with subjects that can bring out emotional responses...is often useful.

Good one.
Closed Thread

Tags
afraid, happen, walkou, hit, car

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.