Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2022, 07:46 PM

Don’t understand southern either.
Old 04-02-2022, 08:01 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
I won't tell on you if you don't tell on me. I often do the same thing.
Still, every now and then a commercial comes along that is really funny.
I’m going to start a new thread about which commercial(s) you like/think are funny. I don’t want to hijack this thread. In general, I, too, think most commercials are inane.
Old 04-02-2022, 10:19 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I have a TV transmitter connected to my computer since I'm at the computer more often than I'm at the TV. Hubby watches the TV all the time, but mostly golf, which I have zero interest in.

It's great being able to watch movies, TV reruns, music videos and podcasts, with the sound going directly into my ears! I haven't had speakers for my computers in around 20 years because I had to turn the sound up to hear anything, and that usually annoyed hubby in the next room. Used headsets mostly.

Hearing aids bluetoothed directly to streaming video is awesome.
Thanks that is encouraging.

Currently I use my AirPod Pros for my computer when I need to listen, since my wife and I share an office and it would get confusing if we both had the speakers on - LOL.

But, I don't find the AirPods comfortable in my ears, (I have tiny ear canals). And since my hearing aides come from the VA and I got my current set about 4 years ago, I have another year before I can get another pair. They, the VA, now have a pair that will connect to Apple stuff, and we have Apple TVs, Phones, iPads, and TV. So those, hopefully will be great!
Old 04-02-2022, 10:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,078 Times in 2,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Am I the only one starting to use Sub-Titles during certain TV shows & movies.

Foreign Accents are killing me.

Good idea, hadn’t thought of it. I had to keep rewinding to listen again quite often when Chibs spoke on Sons of Anarchy so I could figure out what he was saying. Also had the same problem several times watching Mr. In Between.
Old 04-03-2022, 12:52 AM

Yes I agree - after a while you will get used to the accents, the sound varies and talk seems muffled at times - and that's why I've been using subtitles for years because of the shows I watch - love the Irish accents and Scottish accents from the Shetland Isles and British accents. I also use an Australian man's voice on my iPhone ... so now I say, turn into this "car park"

Last edited by Bryson; 04-03-2022 at 12:56 AM. Reason: typed were instead of will... you will
Old 04-03-2022, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

I’ve read many of the posts on here complaining about the different accents and why they can’t hear ,how about being honest about it , that our own ears are in most cases the problem .I’ve been using the CC for quite a few years (20) I even would have land lords check wherever I rented in winters to make sure it worked.When I fist started I tried some of those ear phones , didn’t like them to confining, I don’t even notice that I’m using cc it’s become that normal for me and for those who are reading these posts and saying I can’t or won’t use CC I’m just going to blast the TV , I say your being very selfish to other people in your house or to neighbors
Old 04-08-2022, 03:36 PM

Your TV may have Bluetooth. Try using Bluetooth head phones or ear buds. Works for us.
Old 04-09-2022, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Thanks for advice but I’m very comfortable with the CC
Closed Thread

Tags
sub-titles, killing, accents, foreign, movies

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.