Super Bowl Commercials - IMO... boring

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2021, 08:22 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default Super Bowl Commercials - IMO... boring

I really enjoy watching commercials ONE time each year - SuperBowl. In past years there were some extremely enjoyable ones. This year - IMO - so very underwhelmed. Seems so many were targeting Millenials et al. The only one that stands out for me is the GM elec car/Norway commercial with Will Ferrell.. Almost ALL the others...thumbs down. However we did notice one thing. Let me phrase this politically-correct-like. The vast majority of commercials seemed to be over-covering the race-thing. Nothing wrong with that, but - are we the only ones that noticed that?
Old 02-08-2021, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I'm watching Fox 35 morning show right now, and they just discussed the SB commercials. The Will Ferrell was the only one that kind of stood out, it use to be every commercial during SB was something special. The Wayne's World was nice to see them again, but the commercial itself was lame. Bruce Springsteen was in one, I didn't know what he was selling and he looked sickly. I couldn't believe he's only a year older than me, he's really aged.

The Villages Florida
Old 02-08-2021, 08:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

I concur no super bowl ads worth talking about this year....years ago talking about the ad's was the game within the game

I too felt like the whole equality message was being overplayed ...in the pregame it felt like I was being reprogrammed to neutralize
the 'white male privilege' that I am suppose to have.

I have had the privilege of serving in the military, paying my own way through college, working since I was 12, paying taxes, willingly supporting Affirmative Action whenever I hired people, contributing significantly to charities, putting 5 kinds through college without any loans and volunteering in my community to help those in need

if that makes me a racist, then go ahead and call me a racist because 'frankly my dear, I don't give a damn'
Old 02-08-2021, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

Watch this SB commercial that didn't air! Brady and Gronk

https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheGOATi...=hashtag_click
Old 02-08-2021, 09:35 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Commercials were mediocre at best. The half time show was the worst in 50 years. The game outcome was great!
Old 02-08-2021, 09:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I'm watching Fox 35 morning show right now, and they just discussed the SB commercials. The Will Ferrell was the only one that kind of stood out, it use to be every commercial during SB was something special. The Wayne's World was nice to see them again, but the commercial itself was lame. Bruce Springsteen was in one, I didn't know what he was selling and he looked sickly. I couldn't believe he's only a year older than me, he's really aged.

The Villages Florida
Springsteen was selling jeeps.
Old 02-08-2021, 09:42 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Commercials were mediocre at best. The half time show was the worst in 50 years. The game outcome was great!
Oh Yeah the halftime show. That time was spent - potty - snacks - call relatives - check email - check facebook - check news - potty (again). Drats!!! I think we missed it. (as we fastforwarded thru our DVR - it looked terrible).
Old 02-08-2021, 10:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
I concur no super bowl ads worth talking about this year....years ago talking about the ad's was the game within the game

I too felt like the whole equality message was being overplayed ...in the pregame it felt like I was being reprogrammed to neutralize
the 'white male privilege' that I am suppose to have.

I have had the privilege of serving in the military, paying my own way through college, working since I was 12, paying taxes, willingly supporting Affirmative Action whenever I hired people, contributing significantly to charities, putting 5 kinds through college without any loans and volunteering in my community to help those in need

if that makes me a racist, then go ahead and call me a racist because 'frankly my dear, I don't give a damn'
Very well said
Old 02-08-2021, 10:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,078 Times in 2,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Spent halftime in the pool.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
I really enjoy watching commercials ONE time each year - SuperBowl. In past years there were some extremely enjoyable ones. This year - IMO - so very underwhelmed. Seems so many were targeting Millenials et al. The only one that stands out for me is the GM elec car/Norway commercial with Will Ferrell.. Almost ALL the others...thumbs down. However we did notice one thing. Let me phrase this politically-correct-like. The vast majority of commercials seemed to be over-covering the race-thing. Nothing wrong with that, but - are we the only ones that noticed that?
We thought the commercials themselves were racist.

I recognize that to many us old white guys do not count but since all of the commercials over represented blacks why is it not racist that there were no Asians or Hispanics?

The Norway commercial was the only one worth watching.

The halftime show had me quickly leave as it was not worth watching at all. Made me want to see the wardrobe malfunction again.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:40 AM

I agree, the race thing was way overplayed. If one came here from Mars and watched the SB commercials one would have thought our country was 75% black. Nothing wrong with that, but come on man.
Old 02-08-2021, 10:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

UK adds. are so PC now as well.
One person of each race, someone in a wheelchair, gays of both sexes, (Not seen a Tranny yet!) Most married couples are interacial.
Newsreaders with broad regional accents, preferably with severe speech impediments.
Just waiting for a bloke married to a sheep to round it all off!
Old 02-08-2021, 11:37 AM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Adds were terrible. The half time show was a joke.
Old 02-08-2021, 11:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
UK adds. are so PC now as well.
One person of each race, someone in a wheelchair, gays of both sexes, (Not seen a Tranny yet!) Most married couples are interacial.
Newsreaders with broad regional accents, preferably with severe speech impediments.
Just waiting for a bloke married to a sheep to round it all off!
I draw the line at blokes being married to sheep just not right.

Now marrying your horse now that is a different story.
Old 02-08-2021, 11:56 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Springsteen was selling jeeps.

Not to me I guess. Waste of time and money.
Closed Thread

Tags
commercials, year, imo, ferrell, thumbs

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.