AT&T Retirees

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2014, 12:42 PM
Veteran member
Default AT&T Retirees

Just wondering if there are any AT&T Retirees that frequent this site? Interested in talking about the new "Aon Retiree health Exchange" and the fact that effective 2015 we will no longer be covered through AT & T Group for our secondary or Medigap coverage, prescription plan or dental plan. I have read our "Transition Guide" that was received in the mail and the description of HRA (Health Reimbursement account). My husband (the retiree) and I would like to meet and discuss these. You can Private message me. Thanks.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:48 AM
Smile

I retired about a year ago and have not really looked into my 2015 coverage as of yet
but I'm interested about we are moving into the Villages in the coming months. We will contact you when we move in. Are there many AT&T Retirees living
in the Villages I would like know. This is all new to me,You can Private message me. Thanks.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:51 AM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

I retired early from ATT in 1997 after almost 32 years with them. (Took a buyout) I have not read the package yet either as I will be on Medicare starting July and my secondary will be Tricare whichI switched to years ago when my ATT coverage got more expensive and demanded a huge deductible. I do however use the Dental so I guess I better read and see what I need to do about that!
Old 04-29-2014, 09:15 AM
Veteran member
Default AT&T Retirees

I retired from AT&T Corporate in 1997; one of the last wave of people to leave with a pension instead of a cash balance. (I took a buy-out, plus pension, retired young and went to work elsewhere.)

I hear from other retirees periodically, including some retired officers, although none live in The Villages as far as I know. Everybody I hear from knew this benefit change was coming. But none of them knows the details yet, beyond what was mailed to us. Until AON tells us how much money will be placed in our Health Management Account, we can only guess how big the bullet is we will have to bite. We can hope the amount will be equal to what AT&T contributes now, but I suspect it won't. I intend to participate in the upcoming "webinar" to learn more but expect some of my questions won't be answered until I have a one-on-one with an AON benefits advisor. All of us will have an opportunity to speak with an advisor before signing a commitment. If you live near one of the meeting sites, attending a discussion may be a good idea. The meeting closest to The Villages is in Ft. Lauderdale. Why they couldn't schedule a meeting for Florida retirees at a central location, like Orlando, is beyond me.

Also, in case you are unaware, the independent AT&T/Bell retirees website is tracking this subject. See TelCo Retirees Association Inc – United for a Secure Future | TelCo Retirees Association Inc – United for a Secure Future. At this point, I'm not sure getting together with other local AT&T retirees will produce much help, other than wishing one another good luck. Perhaps later, when we know more.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:02 PM

I retired last May and will turn 65 in December and like you I will have Tricare for life
Please advise me of any up coming meetings Thanks
Old 04-29-2014, 06:21 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Quote:
Originally Posted by themarinos View Post
I retired last May and will turn 65 in December and like you I will have Tricare for life
Please advise me of any up coming meetings Thanks
We are blessed to have TriCare available to us!
Old 04-30-2014, 10:57 PM

Try the AT&T Alumni Network on Linkedin there is some other Retirees on there with the
same issues and concerns and may some answers
You might have to join linkedin have a great day !
Old 04-30-2014, 10:58 PM

Try the AT&T Alumni Network on Linkedin there is some other Retirees on there with the
same issues and concerns and may some answers
You might have to join linkedin have a great day !
Old 05-01-2014, 06:07 AM

Also,there is a Bellsouth/ATT group on Facebook,mostly retirees. At this point in time all we can do is a wait and see game.I reserve my opinion.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:30 AM

The at&t benefit website has a link to aon.hewitt where you enter your zip code and other info. Then you will see a list of options with monthly costs in your area. You can also enter a list of prescriptions and it will add these costs to display an annual cost for the Medical plus prescriptions. Note: these calculations are for one person. The spouse is a separate calculation. (I retired from Ohio Bell,Ameritech, in 1999.) My 2014 premium is $160/month.
Old 06-04-2014, 10:43 AM

Got this today from my retired friend. I also am a 41 year retiree from AT&T and am curious as to what exactly is going to happen.

Is anyone able to comment on info I heard 2nd (or maybe 3rd) hand. I heard insurance coverage plans for retirees is expected to go away at the end of 2014. This statement was made to a friend by a currently working AT&T manager. Didn't get a name. Thanks!

ANSWERS:

Only if you are 65 & older. The new insurance will be subsidized. How much I dont know. We got letters telling us this. I attended a meeting on internet called webinar. I have a meeting with my "personal advisor" on phone in Sep. to help me decide what is best for me. How much will we be reimbursed? Dont know yet. This goes for prescriptions ins and dental. Sad day for medicare retirees retired from ATT. At least that is my opinion.

Retiree insurance will not end at the end of the year. there will be a change for Medicare eligible retirees beginning in 2015. beginning then AT&T will no longer be the supplemental insurance. these retirees will be moved to private Heath exchanges managed by AON. AT&T will contribute an as of yet undetermined amount of money into HRA's to fund some of the medical cost.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:26 PM

I am on medicare. I pay $160 a month for the medical coverage including prescriptions thru BCBSIL for my wife and myself in 2014. For 2015 going to the AON website shows,among others, Blue Cross with a premium including prescriptions of $80 or $50 per month. a BC HMO is $0 per month. The difference appears to be based on copays and deductibles. This is for one person. I'm under the Legacy Mid West non-management retiree contract. If you go thru the AT&T Retiree Website links you will see this information and compare with what you have now. When you talk to a AON Benefits Advisor at your appointment, be sure to have a list of prescriptions. They will factor in to which plan to choose. You research this ahead of time on the AON website if you like to be better prepared for the appoinment.

Last edited by tcxr750; 06-05-2014 at 02:29 PM. Reason: text correction
Old 06-10-2014, 05:20 PM

Got this from a recent retiree.

Are you a Medicare eligible AT&T retiree? Getting lots of mail regarding healthcare coverage? Are you being moved to Aon Retiree Health Exchange in 2015? Want answers, not more questions? AASBCR® has ongoing discussions with AT&T HR. AASBCR® gets answers for our member retirees. If you want clear answers and support with AT&T HR as well as work with Congress for retiree friendly legislation, join AASBCR®. Only $25.00 annual dues. Go to AT&T Ameritech /SBC Retirees - We are AASBCR® Under Non Members, click on Click here to join AASBCR®follow the prompts.

AT&T Ameritech /SBC Retirees - We are AASBCR®
The objective of AASBCR® is the preservation and enhancement of pension, healthcare, and other benefits earned by retirees while employed by AT&T Ameritech /SBC and its predecessor...
AASBCR.ORG
Old 06-18-2014, 09:25 AM

I retired early from AT&T management 10 years ago and just ran accross this thread. I really did not pay close atttention to the AT&T health coverage plan since I'm covered by my wifes teachers health plan which is far superior to AT&T's plan (at one time this was not the case). But I knew that AT&T's plan kept changing and would continue to change with the onset of Obama Care. I better pay close attention now since if my wife passes away before me I will need to activate AT&T's health plan which will cost more and deliver less benefits. Thanks for all this info and for sharing since it helps all of us AT&T retirees living in TV.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:39 AM

I retired from Ameritech (non-management) in 1999, up until 2014 I had no premium for my wife and myself. She is a retired teacher and getting health insurance through her plan would have been 800+ per month.
If you go to the AON website you will see what the new plans cost in your zip code and you can compare what each plan pays.The benefits seem about the same as what I have now. Plans shown on the website have premiums of 0 to $85 per month. You need to read and compare with what you have now.
Under my retiree package we still have life insurance. I would like to know if that goes away in 2015. Anyone 65+ can attest to cost of insurance after 65.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.