Most things are ultimately political.

Closed Thread
Old 02-02-2018, 03:07 PM
Sage
Default Most things are ultimately political.

If you discuss anything about money, often is comes to taxation, importation or some other form of Politics.

If you discuss construction often it comes to building codes, real estate taxes or other forms of Politics.

Crime.... of course it's political.

Think about it. It hard to have an in depth discussion on many topics without going political.

Just saying.

Btw, who is watching the Superbowl? Oops, political.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:20 PM

Yup. Even the Oscars, Grammy's. Pop culture things. Even TALKING about maybe watching them.

One thing that I think is funny is when people who I never cared for start talking politics and society, and I agree with them and suddenly like them. Roseanne Barr for one. Never liked her, her show(s), her comedy. But then I see her twitter page. I agree with her almost 100% of the time. Actor James Woods too. Really didn't ever notice anything from his career. Then I see his twitter page, and I'm all in. Rob Lowe too. He's right on IMO. Suddenly I'm willing to watch things he is on out of some bizarre loyalty. That I would never have watched before seeing his views. I am enjoying the new X-Files episodes but it's really really hard for me. I cringe when I hear Gillian Anderson talk about anything. She sounds so uninformed.

It can work the opposite direction too. Threw all my Springsteen albums out long ago. Saw him 100's of times. Born and bred in Jersey. Can't listen to him anymore.

I'm not saying this is a good thing.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Post View Post
Yup. Even the Oscars, Grammy's. Pop culture things. Even TALKING about maybe watching them.

One thing that I think is funny is when people who I never cared for start talking politics and society, and I agree with them and suddenly like them. Roseanne Barr for one. Never liked her, her show(s), her comedy. But then I see her twitter page. I agree with her almost 100% of the time. Actor James Woods too. Really didn't ever notice anything from his career. Then I see his twitter page, and I'm all in. Rob Lowe too. He's right on IMO. Suddenly I'm willing to watch things he is on out of some bizarre loyalty. That I would never have watched before seeing his views. I am enjoying the new X-Files episodes but it's really really hard for me. I cringe when I hear Gillian Anderson talk about anything. She sounds so uninformed.

It can work the opposite direction too. Threw all my Springsteen albums out long ago. Saw him 100's of times. Born and bred in Jersey. Can't listen to him anymore.

All, so true.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:

I recently watched a documentary about Vietnam. I had not realized that
Donald Sutherland was right in there as bad as Jane Fonda. I will never feel the same about him. How did he not get tainted like Jane or was I just oblivious?
Old 02-02-2018, 03:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
I recently watched a documentary about Vietnam. I had not realized that
Donald Sutherland was right in there as bad as Jane Fonda. I will never feel the same about him. How did he not get tainted like Jane or was I just oblivious?
Until this year, many were oblivious to anti American actors.

Look for hollywood to see a big downturn.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:48 PM

I feel the same way about some of the conservative actors. Like their movies, can't stand their politics. Never could stand Roseanne Barr one way or another.
Old 02-02-2018, 03:57 PM

Good point about Donald Sutherland, Allegience. Absolutely never heard anything about it. I think he is actually Canadian too. Just loves our money.

8notes, are there really any conservative actors of note who admit being conservative? Clint Howard? Clint Eastwood? (Two Clint's!)
Novelist Walter Kirn wrote the book that Clooney adapted into "Up in the air." He can't sell any scripts anymore since "coming out."
I guess Tom Selleck has done OK, but he never got back into movies, just TV.

But is anyone in big box office films out of the closet right leaning? I mean even the other day good ole Suzanne Somers said any work she might get would go down the toilet due to her saying she liked DT.
Old 02-02-2018, 05:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
...8notes, are there really any conservative actors of note who admit being conservative?...
Ronald Reagon!

(Okay...I know...you mean currently. Very few.)
Old 02-02-2018, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allegiance View Post
If you discuss anything about money, often is comes to taxation, importation or some other form of Politics.

If you discuss construction often it comes to building codes, real estate taxes or other forms of Politics.

Crime.... of course it's political.

Think about it. It hard to have an in depth discussion on many topics without going political.

Just saying.

Btw, who is watching the Superbowl? Oops, political.
IMO there are many political junkies around here. Is it an old people’s thing ?
Old 02-02-2018, 06:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmiata View Post
IMO there are many political junkies around here. Is it an old people’s thing ?
There is a gang out there now wringing their hands of sweat and are trembling in a feverish state of withdrawal because there is no place on TOTV'S to express the thoughts they need to project. I hope they get their playground back soon as I hate to see them suffer.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
There is a gang out there now wringing their hands of sweat and are trembling in a feverish state of withdrawal because there is no place on TOTV'S to express the thoughts they need to project. I hope they get their playground back soon as I hate to see them suffer.
The problem with talking politics is that most want to ARGUE politics , not just TALK about it. Arguing gets you nowhere.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmiata View Post
The problem with talking politics is that most want to ARGUE politics , not just TALK about it. Arguing gets you nowhere.
You nailed it with that post.
Old 02-02-2018, 07:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
I think for the mental well being of some people it's best to leave the playground closed..

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 02-02-2018, 09:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Seems like old times.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2018, 10:09 PM
Sage

Quote:

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Closed Thread

Tags
political, politics, discuss, hard, discussion

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.