Thoughts on use of pot.

Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2021, 08:54 AM
Default Yes I Do

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I read that 75% of Americans support the decriminalization of the use of Marijuana.

Do you?
Yes I do
I have been using it for over 44 years since the Army removed all of the cartridge from both of my knee's when I was 21 and told me at age 28 that I needed both knee replaced but I have to wait another 30 years.... So Marijuana saved My life and Kept me from being a Heroin junkie or Dead....
So to ALL of you Narrow Minded People Can Kiss My Butt where sometimes the sun does shine on....LMFAO...
SMOKE A JOINT AND LIVE LIFE !!..
Old 07-21-2021, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH1 View Post
I forgot what I was going to say
The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 07-21-2021, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

No, do not legalize it, period!

Consider this:
For the past decade or two, there has been all kinds of bans on smoking tobacco in public and even in BARS. And yet, now folks want to legalize smoking MJ.
Smoking tobacco causes cancer. So does smoking MJ.
Smoking tobacco smells like crap. MJ much more so.
Need MJ for medicine? Get it without the THC and you won't get high but still get the pain reliever.
Quit comparing it with alcohol. That is an unreasonable rationalization and attempt to justify another wrong. And your momma told you that two wrongs do not make a right.
DUI/DWI when using MJ is hard to prosecute because the test is time consuming and costly. Alcohol tests are not.
MJ slows down brain function. That's not only dangerous to you but to others.

I agree with the poster that said the use of MJ is for the weak. However, CBD can be used as a pain killer without the mind bending affects.

Nope, I would not legalize it. If you want to compare it with alcohol, then outlaw alcohol also for all I care.
Taxing and enforcing these things is just a cop out.
Old 07-21-2021, 01:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
No, do not legalize it, period!

Consider this:
For the past decade or two, there has been all kinds of bans on smoking tobacco in public and even in BARS. And yet, now folks want to legalize smoking MJ.
Smoking tobacco causes cancer. So does smoking MJ.
Smoking tobacco smells like crap. MJ much more so.
Need MJ for medicine? Get it without the THC and you won't get high but still get the pain reliever.
Quit comparing it with alcohol. That is an unreasonable rationalization and attempt to justify another wrong. And your momma told you that two wrongs do not make a right.
DUI/DWI when using MJ is hard to prosecute because the test is time consuming and costly. Alcohol tests are not.
MJ slows down brain function. That's not only dangerous to you but to others.

I agree with the poster that said the use of MJ is for the weak. However, CBD can be used as a pain killer without the mind bending affects.

Nope, I would not legalize it. If you want to compare it with alcohol, then outlaw alcohol also for all I care.
Taxing and enforcing these things is just a cop out.
Anti-freedom much? Maybe we should ban those who don't believe one is free to choose their own type of relaxant. I hope you don't drink coffee because coffee is a brain simulant. There is nothing worse than the smell of stale coffee.

We did ban alcohol once, and it created domestic alcohol cartels. Remember Al Capone? They also banned marijuana at the same time and look at all the foreign cartels we created while our dollars escaped to foreign countries and our hard earned tax dollars wasted on a useless war on drugs. How much has that costs us?

You said, "Quit comparing it with alcohol. That is an unreasonable rationalization and attempt to justify another wrong." No, it's not. Alcohol is much more dangerous than marijuana. And tobacco is much more dangerous. As long as marijuana or alcohol is banned, people will still get it. Is it not better to keep money within a community, than to see it sent somewhere else?

And your comment about people who use marijuana being weak is a weak opinion, not based on anything but your own belief system.

Israel Scientific Study: Cannabis Safe and Effective for Regular Use in the Elderly; Can Decrease the Use of Other Prescription Medicines, Including Opioids
Old 07-21-2021, 01:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
Anti-freedom much? Maybe we should ban those who don't believe one is free to choose their own type of relaxant. I hope you don't drink coffee because coffee is a brain simulant. There is nothing worse than the smell of stale coffee.

We did ban alcohol once, and it created domestic alcohol cartels. Remember Al Capone? They also banned marijuana at the same time and look at all the foreign cartels we created while our dollars escaped to foreign countries and our hard earned tax dollars wasted on a useless war on drugs. How much has that costs us?

You said, "Quit comparing it with alcohol. That is an unreasonable rationalization and attempt to justify another wrong." No, it's not. Alcohol is much more dangerous than marijuana. And tobacco is much more dangerous. As long as marijuana or alcohol is banned, people will still get it. Is it not better to keep money within a community, than to see it sent somewhere else?

And your comment about people who use marijuana being weak is a weak opinion, not based on anything but your own belief system.

Israel Scientific Study: Cannabis Safe and Effective for Regular Use in the Elderly; Can Decrease the Use of Other Prescription Medicines, Including Opioids
What "freedom" would be hindered? Are you suggesting that ANY law or rule is restricting your freedom?
I don't believe that MJ users should be incarcerated, BUT a fine would be OK with me. A DUI charge is very hard to convict related to being hindered by MJ.
I do not care if MJ is safe or not. It is NOT safe when it hinders brain function, ie slows ones reaction time and thought process. Like I said, do not compare it with the legalizing of alcohol. They legalized alcohol because they could not enforce the laws restricting it and because they figured a way of taxing it to make gov revenues. That does not make alcohol less dangerous.
MJ also inhibits motivation.
Like I said before, MJ can be used for medical purposes without the THC. I have used CBD which is legal.
There is no reason to make MJ legal for recreational purposes. If folks need to relax, and they need an artificial means, then they should consult their physician.
Old 07-21-2021, 04:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,525 Times in 3,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post

In addition, if the argument is "smoking is bad for you," remember you don't need to SMOKE cannabis. You can get it in a tincture, gummies, you can bake it in brownies, you can even put it in a blender with other vegetation and make a smoothie with it. And of course there are capsules, gel-tabs, and tablets with THC. No need to smoke it at all, if you're looking for the high, or the pain relief or nausea relief you get from THC (that you don't get with CBD).

Also just a reminder for anyone who cares:

The THC people are railing against, that is illegal FEDERALLY but LEGAL in several states recreationally and most states medically - is Delta-9 THC.

Its younger sister, Delta-8 THC, is also a natural chemical component of cannabis. It, too, will get you high though you'd need more of it to get the same high you get from big sister. And - Delta-8 THC is LEGAL for recreational use in all 50 states, including Florida, and is for sale at your local hemp shop. It's blocked from sale in several states, but is not illegal to use. It is also currently unregulated on a federal level.
Old 07-21-2021, 05:38 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I read that 75% of Americans support the decriminalization of the use of Marijuana.

Do you?
There isn’t as much of a problem as this recent statute “ On Thursday, May 13, Florida's Gov. Ron DeSantis signed Senate Bill 148 into law which permanently allows restaurants to sell alcoholic beverages for to-go and delivery — with some caveats. ... Drinks sold to-go cannot be larger than 32 ounces, cannot be factory sealed, and delivery orders of alcohol must come with food.”
Old 07-21-2021, 07:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,940 Times in 2,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana1963 View Post
There isn’t as much of a problem as this recent statute “ On Thursday, May 13, Florida's Gov. Ron DeSantis signed Senate Bill 148 into law which permanently allows restaurants to sell alcoholic beverages for to-go and delivery — with some caveats. ... Drinks sold to-go cannot be larger than 32 ounces, cannot be factory sealed, and delivery orders of alcohol must come with food.”
O good I can order 30 Oz of fireball with my Italian and don’t have to worry about open container law.
Old 07-21-2021, 07:49 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

It is a gateway drug and should not be legal.
Old 07-22-2021, 07:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Have you Noticed

Have you noticed that not one of these Pot Heads mentioned the children and the impact on their brain and general mental health. That's because they don't care about the youths they only care about their selfish wants. They are a good representation of the fall in the US IQ. The average decrease in an individual's IQ who uses pot is about 5.8%. Now think of the youth's who are growing up who are using. The mental and physical impact to the kids is huge BUT these pot heads who continue to explain how good it makes them feel are the bottom feeders of society. The ones who lie to the Dr. to gain legal access to the drug are making a mockery of the patients who actually need the drug because of their disease. The next time someone brags how they use the drug don't smile like your approving of their behavior but rather walk away.
Old 07-22-2021, 07:21 AM
Gold member

Well GG, you really stirred up the hornets nest with this one!

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 07-22-2021, 07:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,525 Times in 3,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Have you noticed that not one of these Pot Heads mentioned the children and the impact on their brain and general mental health. That's because they don't care about the youths they only care about their selfish wants. They are a good representation of the fall in the US IQ. The average decrease in an individual's IQ who uses pot is about 5.8%. Now think of the youth's who are growing up who are using. The mental and physical impact to the kids is huge BUT these pot heads who continue to explain how good it makes them feel are the bottom feeders of society. The ones who lie to the Dr. to gain legal access to the drug are making a mockery of the patients who actually need the drug because of their disease. The next time someone brags how they use the drug don't smile like your approving of their behavior but rather walk away.
1. I'm not a pothead.
2. I don't use THC at all, in any capacity, any delivery system. It has no place in my life.
3. I gave my CBD cream to my mom for her knee aches. I use prescription-strength Voltaren now, it's cheaper and seems to be more effective.
4. I am, and have always been, PRO-CHOICE. Pro choice on who someone can love and marry, pro-choice on what a woman can do with her own body, pro-choice on whether someone should or should not join the armed services, pro-choice on whether someone should or should not vaccinate, pro-choice on whether a business should or should not allow unvaccinated people through their doors, and pro-choice on the use of cannabis. With one caveat: The choice is for ADULTS. Not children. Parents need to be responsible for their children.

If a child is suffering from the ravages of chemo and radiation to treat cancer, then a parent SHOULD ABSOLUTELY consider providing THC to their child. It's a no-brainer.

A child should not be using ANY substances for recreational use. Not cannabis, not alcohol, mushrooms, peyote, kratom, oxycodone, LSD, or anything else. Things that are legal, and things that are not legal. None of them should be used recreationally by children. But that would change your narrative. You want to vilify one substance because kids can get their hands on it. But you want to dismiss all OTHER things kids already get their hands on, some of which are actually legal or unregulated, because they don't fit your narrative.

Last edited by OrangeBlossomBaby; 07-22-2021 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Because the last 2 lines were unkind. Apologies.
Old 07-22-2021, 07:49 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,045 Times in 536 Posts
Default Live an let live

What a waste of law enforcement resources.

“ There are those who believe something, and therefore will tolerate nothing; and on the other hand, those who tolerate everything, because they believe nothing.” - Robert Browning
Old 07-22-2021, 07:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
Wow, just wow.

You got it ALL in one post.

Name-calling doesn't do anything except make you look bad.

The decline in IQ is about 6 to 8 points in individuals who start in adolescence and use heavily their entire lives. This is NOT the norm, this is not average. And guess what, the drop in IQ for heavy alcohol users is 7.8 points.

Alcohol will KILL children, their bodies can not metabolize it. MJ doesn't.

Based on your rant, I assume you will also vote to make alcohol illegal, if not, isn't that a bit hypocritical?

PLEASE. Show us any post where anyone suggested letting children have free access to any intoxicating substance, including MJ? We will wait.

Last edited by GrumpyOldMan; 07-22-2021 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-22-2021, 07:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
1. I'm not a pothead.
2. I don't use THC at all, in any capacity, any delivery system. It has no place in my life.
3. I gave my CBD cream to my mom for her knee aches. I use prescription-strength Voltaren now, it's cheaper and seems to be more effective.
4. I am, and have always been, PRO-CHOICE. Pro choice on who someone can love and marry, pro-choice on what a woman can do with her own body, pro-choice on whether someone should or should not join the armed services, pro-choice on whether someone should or should not vaccinate, pro-choice on whether a business should or should not allow unvaccinated people through their doors, and pro-choice on the use of cannabis. With one caveat: The choice is for ADULTS. Not children. Parents need to be responsible for their children.

If a child is suffering from the ravages of chemo and radiation to treat cancer, then a parent SHOULD ABSOLUTELY consider providing THC to their child. It's a no-brainer.

A child should not be using ANY substances for recreational use. Not cannabis, not alcohol, mushrooms, peyote, kratom, oxycodone, LSD, or anything else. Things that are legal, and things that are not legal. None of them should be used recreationally by children. But that would change your narrative. You want to vilify one substance because kids can get their hands on it. But you want to dismiss all OTHER things kids already get their hands on, some of which are actually legal or unregulated, because they don't fit the neat little propaganda box you've chosen to hide yourself into. Probably while sipping your beer.
Thank you, a much better response than mine.
Closed Thread

Tags
thoughts, pot, read, 75%, americans

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.