Tiger Woods Injured

Closed Thread
Old 11-27-2009, 03:12 PM
Veteran member
Default Tiger Woods Injured

CNN is reporting that Tiger Woods has been "seriously injured" in an auto accident. "He has suffered facial lacerations." As reported, he was pulling out of his driveway at home, hit a fire hydrant and then a tree. He lives in Windemere, Orange County. The press release says it was not alcohol related.

It sounds quite bizarre. I don't understand how one can get seriously injured pulling out of a driveway, just repeating what the report claims. He wasn't driving a Toyota (where the gas pedal may be stuck), he was driving a 2009 Cadillac SUV.

Here's hoping the reports are exaggerated and that Tiger has a quick recovery.
Old 11-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Veteran member
Default Here's what Reuters reported

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestmickey View Post
CNN is reporting that Tiger Woods has been "seriously injured" in an auto accident. "He has suffered facial lacerations." As reported, he was pulling out of his driveway at home, hit a fire hydrant and then a tree. He lives in Windemere, Orange County. The press release says it was not alcohol related.

It sounds quite bizarre. I don't understand how one can get seriously injured pulling out of a driveway, just repeating what the report claims. He wasn't driving a Toyota (where the gas pedal may be stuck), he was driving a 2009 Cadillac SUV.

Reuters reporting that World number one golfer Tiger Woods was seriously injured in a car accident on Friday, a Florida newspaper reported.

The Orlando Sentinel, citing the Florida Highway Patrol, said Woods’ car struck a fire hydrant and a tree in Florida’s Isleworth community, near Orlando.
Wanabee future TVer
Old 11-27-2009, 03:47 PM
Veteran member

Tiger's publicist now reports that Tiger was in a "minor accident", has been treated and released from the hospital. YEAH!
Old 11-27-2009, 05:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We are HUGE fans of Tiger Woods and were so deflated when the breaking news came in about his "serious injuries". We were enjoying watching the Cincinnati Bearcats win and suddenly we felt like someone we knew was hurt.

So glad to hear he is o.k. BUT...the accident just doesn't seem right. It was in the middle of the night, well really early this morning and he crashed into a neighbors tree. If it wasn't alcohol, what was it? I hope whatever it was he learned not to do it again.
Old 11-27-2009, 05:17 PM
Veteran member

Well Gracie, according to my fav rag paper (New York Post), the accident capped a bad week for Tiger. Apparently, the Enquirer reported that Tiger has been having an affair with an event planner. Perhaps Tiger and his wife had a fight and he stormed out and drove badly while mad. That's my guess anyway. Too bad. I thought more highly of Tiger.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Or maybe, having been playing in Asia, his days and nights were mixed up and he was going for a drive to relax. Or maybe one of the children was sick and he was running out for juice or cough syrup or Tylenol. Let's stop the rumor mill here. No one deserves to be slandered just for driving at 2:30 a.m.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bestmickey View Post
I don't understand how one can get seriously injured pulling out of a driveway, just repeating what the report claims. He wasn't driving a Toyota (where the gas pedal may be stuck), he was driving a 2009 Cadillac SUV.

Tiger was initially labeled as being seriously injured because of the fact that he was taken away in an ambulance. No matter what the injuries consist of, if you are hauled away in an ambulance, the injuries are classified as "serious" until evaluated by a doctor at the hospital.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:06 AM
Sage

It was reported that Mrs Tiger saved him from the damaged SUV by breaking the rear window with a golf club. Guess Mrs Tiger carries a golf club at home in case Tiger gets the urge to hit one or maybe she was chasing him down the drive with it ???

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 11-28-2009, 06:04 AM
Eternal Member

All the "rags" are reporting that he has been having an affair with a bombshell-looking blond. I have a hard time believing that - he has way too much at stake. Will have to check it out in the grocery line checkout.

Rescuing one cat may not change the world, BUT for that one cat, the whole world will change.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:52 AM

I thought he was trying to catch those fabulous day-after Thanksgiving sales by getting there early!!!! (Only a joke)
Old 11-28-2009, 09:54 AM
Veteran member

Let's wait for the true facts.
Old 11-28-2009, 10:34 AM
Veteran member
Talking

Tiger should have taken the Letterman approach.
Go public, admit to whatever he was doing a 2am, say I'm so sorry and go on.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Veteran member
Default Tiger

should tell everybody to mind their own business. This is a private matter.
Old 11-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Sage

not necessarily. Damage to another person's property is a matter of public record and the accident report is also public record.

The reason behind the crash may be private and he can just say 'no comment' if he wishes.
Old 11-28-2009, 04:28 PM

Joannej, I love your sense of humor. Keep smiling.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.