Tiger Woods Injured

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2009, 03:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by arabianhorse59 View Post
OHHHHH..his WIFE hit him with the golf club and split his lip open like a melon! WOW! Hell hath no fury... I wonder if she'll get arrested??
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDRN3umyXTk[/ame]
Old 11-29-2009, 04:47 PM
Gold member

Why doesn't the press and the fans just mind thier own business.

We should give Tiger Woods a HIP HIP DUMBASS! and move on. Let he and his wife work it out.

Just another opinion.

Yoda
Old 11-29-2009, 05:25 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Yoda, I'm with you. According to credible sources, the "other woman" has adamantly denied that there was any sort of affair, tryst or much of anything else.

Tiger is one athelete who truly has been a class act from the day he turned pro. If he did make a mistake, it should be NONE OF OUR BUSINESS.

We can be crass and rude, make bad jokes and speculate and gossip all we want or we can take the high road and leave this as a private matter. Personally, I always liked hills, so I'll stick with the high road.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-29-2009, 06:44 PM

I agree with the fact that he appears to be a gentleman and has since his first tournament, BUT did you know that he's the highest fined player on tour because of his language and outbursts? Doesn't necessarily make him a bad person but maybe we should all just wait and see what comes of this.
South Amboy, NJ
St. Louis, MO
St. Charles, MO
Lake of the Ozarks, MO

"What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about"?
Old 11-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Naturally his life is open for speculation.

When a person chooses a career that makes him a "performer on the world stage" it goes with the territory that people will be interested in all aspects of his life. If you read my first post on this thread I say how worried and sad we felt when it was announced he was "seriously injured".

I guess it is in an effort to make light of what appears to be disappointing behavior on the part of a really nice young man some of us are making jokes, kind of "gallows humor" I guess.

His dad would have kicked his butt if any of these rumors are true.

My other golf idol, Jack Nicklaus, originally from Columbus, OHIO (A great place) has NEVER let me down.

I hope all this trash talk is false, and if it is not, I hope he learns he almost lost something very, very important.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Oh, goodness; I was going to stay out of this; but I had to confess, Gracie, that that was the same song that I had thought of, so I had to let you know that you read my mind. I suspect that our beloved Tiger has gotten something that he, unfortunately, provoked; but thankfully for all concerned it was nothing as drastic as the consequences the guys in the 'Chicago' song suffered.

The fury of a woman scorned, revealed; and not, of course, to condone violence, but I am not sure that any of us can be certain that we would react differently in a similar situation; I think that people too often fail to realize that serious danger is a very real and inherent risk of unfaithfulness.

I do feel sorry for both he and his beautiful wife, who seems like such a nice lady, not just for something painful occurring in their relationship, but also for the publicity; but with him being such a public figure for his success, some degree of attention when bad news occurs is also inescapable.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Rover View Post
I agree with the fact that he appears to be a gentleman and has since his first tournament, BUT did you know that he's the highest fined player on tour because of his language and outbursts? Doesn't necessarily make him a bad person but maybe we should all just wait and see what comes of this.
But the same sources that say he is the highest fined player also concede that he is the most watched player, and with the attention he gets even a burp gets on the camera. Now if you're number 243 on the money list you can say #%&&*@@## all day, break every club in your bag, and no one would notice.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:11 PM
Gold member

I just read Tiger's statement, and the report in the New York Times that he is refusing to talk to the police, on advice of counsel. It is a "private matter" they say. I say that he must at least be charged with reckless driving. Even with no alcohol involved, he must have driven recklessly in order to hit a hydrant and a tree on exiting his driveway. Maybe if he's charged he'll change his mind about his right to silence.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:56 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
This is SOOOOOOO sexy. oooooo lah lah!

New Jersey,
New York
Germany,
California
Northern MN,
The Villages
Next stop?
Old 11-30-2009, 10:57 AM

BogeyBoy - you are probably correct in stating that nobody notices when #243 swears or throws clubs (they are rarely shown on TV), but when you are a role model you are held to higher standard. Tiger went over $1,000,000 if fines in a recent year and a lot of his tirades were caught on TV. People look up to this fellow and expect him to take the high road. I don't know anyone in my circle of friends who could put off the Highway Patrol for three days and get away with it. I really don't care what motivated or caused this situation, but there should be some accountability to go along with fame and fan adoration. He used public services to get to the hospital. Sorry, I wasn't meaning to keep this going and I won't comment again on the subject. Have a great day.
South Amboy, NJ
St. Louis, MO
St. Charles, MO
Lake of the Ozarks, MO

"What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about"?
Old 11-30-2009, 11:19 AM
Smile Tiger

It is not too often that Tiger hits a tree and a water hazard on the same drive.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:47 AM
Sage

Pic of Tiger's SUV & Tree:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...tory?track=rss
Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 11-30-2009, 12:27 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchbr47 View Post
It is not too often that Tiger hits a tree and a water hazard on the same drive.
Mitch, that's very funny!
Old 11-30-2009, 12:41 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
That even got a chuckle out of me.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 11-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Eternal Member
Send a message via AIM to barb1191

Quote:
GREAT play on words.....b

Most people walk in and out of your life, but FRIENDS leave footprints in your heart.

"Being kind is more important than being right." By Andy Rooney
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.