Biodenical Hormone Replacement

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2013, 06:20 PM
Veteran member
Default Biodenical Hormone Replacement

Hi, any of you ladies in TV use biodenical hormones? If so....what Dr. are you going to? I'm looking for preferably a female physician who works with these. Thanks for your input!
Old 10-15-2013, 06:42 PM
Default Dr. Carlson

Hi,

I've been going to Dr. Robert Carlson for years. He knows everything there is to know about these hormones and was mentioned in Suzanne Somers books. His office number is 941-955-1815. He will want to see you the first time and then it's every 6 months-blood tests and phone consultations. Tell him Alexandra suggested you call. Good luck.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Veteran member

He was mentioned in Suzanne's book....wow that is impressive! Thanks for the referral.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:05 PM
Veteran member

Looks like Dr. Carlson is only in Sarasota...is that correct? I REALLY would like to find someone in or close to TV. Any other suggestions??
Old 10-15-2013, 07:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 10-16-2013, 06:25 AM

Dr. Lemire in Ocala. He specializes in natural family medicine and does prescribe the bio identical hormones. PM me if you would like more information.
Old 10-16-2013, 09:43 AM
Veteran member

Thanks....I will research him too! Still would like to find a female Doc though if anyone else has any ideas.
Old 10-16-2013, 10:42 AM
Sage

See Commentary below on Somers' book

By David H. Gorski, MD, PhD, FACS,
a surgical oncologist at the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute specializing in breast cancer surgery, where he also serves as the Medical Director of the Alexander J. Walt Comprehensive Breast Center and Cancer Liaison Physician for the American College of Surgeons Committee on Cancer.

Academically, he is an Associate Professor of Surgery and Oncology at the Wayne State University School of Medicine, where he serves as Chief of the Section of Breast Surgery, and is a member of the faculty of the Graduate Program in Cancer Biology. Additionally, he serves as Treasurer for the Institute for Science in Medicine. An investigator whose primary research interests include tumor angiogenesis and the role of glutamate receptors in promoting the growth and metastasis of breast cancer, Dr. Gorski also runs an active research laboratory and has recently taken an active interest in the problems of breast cancer overdiagnosis and overtreatment.

Dr. Gorski first became interested in pseudoscience and “alternative” medicine around 2000, when quite by accident he wandered into the Usenet newsgroup misc.health.alternative and began critically examining the claims there. Since then, he has accumulated considerable experience refuting quackery and pseudoscience online."

".....I first found out about Somers’ book about a month and a half ago and was fortunate enough (I think) that one of my readers who had a review copy of the book sent me a chapter list. The reason I wanted a chapter list was because I was really curious just who these doctors were whom Somers had interviewed. In particular, back then I predicted (and hoped) that one of the doctors would be one whom we’ve met before. It was. Can you guess which one? Think about it. What major study did I blog about in the middle of September? What form of cancer quackery has been covered so ably by Kimball Atwood since the very beginning of this blog? No, no, you don’t have to go back to the archives and search. I’ll tell you:

Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez. He’s the second featured doctor who is “curing cancer,” right there in Somers’ book in Chapter 6!

That’s right, one of these doctors who are “curing cancer” is a quack (in my opinion, of course) whose “protocol,” which includes 150 supplement pills a day topped off by a couple of coffee enemas per day, was recently shown to be worse than useless for pancreatic cancer and, indeed, based on a recent study, far worse than conventional treatment...."
Suzanne Somers’ Knockout: Dangerous misinformation about cancer (part 1) « Science-Based Medicine

See Credentials of Other Editorial Board Members of Science-Based Medicine here:

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/...er-and-editor/
Old 10-17-2013, 11:27 AM
Veteran member

I don't want to debate bio identicals....on them now and KNOW they are the way to go. Thanks for the article, but sadly there are "Quacks" in every medical profession
Old 05-02-2014, 11:03 AM
Default Also looking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR1234 View Post
Hi, any of you ladies in TV use biodenical hormones? If so....what Dr. are you going to? I'm looking for preferably a female physician who works with these. Thanks for your input!
I am also looking for such a doctor. Did you find one?
Old 05-02-2014, 11:38 AM

Dr. Kalpana Desai (352) 259-6949 in The Villages prescribes BioIdentical Hormones. However, she's a Primary Care Physician, not a GYN. I have had no experience with her...just saw her ad in The Sun newspaper.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:45 AM
Platinum member

Copied and pasted this from another active thread regarding bio-ident hormones.

Dr Steepy does bio-identical hormones. However, unless you have a very specific problem, you will most likely never see her. Her NP is nice but it just seems weird that you are a patient of a certain Dr, but can go years without even knowing what they look like. Insurance assumes you are seeing the Dr. I've been "seeing" a neurologist for 1 1/2 years, but have never laid eyes on the doc. Saw a dermatologist for 2 years....don't have a clue if he even exists. Sorry this is off topic....just a pet peeve of mine.

Last edited by gerryann; 05-02-2014 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Messed up
Old 05-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Default hormones

Dr Beck in Summerfield & Dr Desai on 466. Both are good!
Old 05-02-2014, 01:11 PM

Can someone tell me the advantages of Bio Identical Hormones. I've heard so much about it and wonder if it's right for me?
Old 05-05-2014, 06:38 PM

Am looking for the same info....have gone to one or 2 mentioned and would not got back...still doing research!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.