Today's column by Nancy Wood about being retired in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 06-07-2014, 12:03 PM
Sage
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Is living an active lifestyle as great as it's advertised to be? Is it worth the trade-off?

YES to both, but I still wish you would buy a Television, kiddo.
LOL, thanks, I needed a good laugh. I'm not suffering without a TV, I watch a different movie (DVD) almost every night. I may be hooked on watching movies but at least they are free! Since I got my DVD player, I must have seen at least 1,200 to 1,500 free movies.

The problem I have found with having a TV is that it eventually takes over my life. At least a movie only lasts a set amount of time and then it's over. TV starts with the 6:00 news and keeps going through the late night shows. A TV would turn me into a couch potato and/or a hypnotized zombie.

I'm proof that it's possible to adapt to life without TV.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
LOL, thanks, I needed a good laugh. I'm not suffering without a TV, I watch a different movie (DVD) almost every night. I may be hooked on watching movies but at least they are free! Since I got my DVD player, I must have seen at least 1,200 to 1,500 free movies.

The problem I have found with having a TV is that it eventually takes over my life. At least a movie only lasts a set amount of time and then it's over. TV starts with the 6:00 news and keeps going through the late night shows. A TV would turn me into a couch potato and/or a hypnotized zombie.

I'm proof that it's possible to adapt to life without TV.
Watch really bad boring movies. You will live longer.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.